I am new, pregnant with another boy, and need help with hubby! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 37 Old 05-16-2003, 11:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
That is so great !!
#32 of 37 Old 05-17-2003, 10:19 AM

Heather:

Most everything you find about circumcision can be printed and spread with no problems of infringement of copywrite laws. Most everybody who is active in the movement is far more interested in spreading the message than restricting something they have written. Almost everything from the government is public domain unless it is from a publication they sell. The messages from the AAP, AMA, BMA, CPS and like organizations are also usually for public education and are intended to be spread. The exception to this is articles published in the past 6 months in medical journals such as JAMA and Pediatrics. However, you can spread the synopses and editorials of these articles without a problem even if they are less than 6 months old.

Just use a little common sense and descretion and you'll have no problem.

Frank
#33 of 37 Old 05-17-2003, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Frank, I forwarded them to my midwife and I am sure she will take notice of that. I just mentioned it in CASE there were articles with copywrites (I read the articles but didn't pay attention to those details).

The great thing is, the articles will go in her 'new patient' packet so LOTS of new families will be very influenced, and as you know already, SC has one of the worst circ rates!
#34 of 37 Old 05-17-2003, 04:47 PM

Heather:

The two of you may be responsible for reducing the circumcision rate in SC all by yourselves. As the two of you spread the message, the recipents will tell their friends who will tell their friends. With the availabliity of the internet, the message can spread all over the state and beyond.

Imagine when Marilyn Milos started this over 20 years ago. No money, no support from the medical profession, the circ rate going up and no internet. She was surely up against the wall!

Marilyn was the one who got the message started and we are just passing it on just as you will be the one starting the message in your part of SC and others will pick up the message and pass it on as well. We are doing such a great job that all of the medical professions around the world are taking notice and the message is being told in the mass media.

Keep watching. You are going to hear a LOT more of this issue in the next few years.

Frank
#35 of 37 Old 05-17-2003, 08:22 PM
Banned

You might also tell her about www.mothersagainstcirc.org
There is a wonderful article by Dr. Paul Fleiss on it: The Case Against Circumcision. It covers about everything an expecting mother needs to know. I make copies and give one to each pregnant woman I see.

Together we'll make a difference.

Circumcision will soon be a thing of the past.
#36 of 37 Old 05-18-2003, 11:08 PM - Thread Starter

Great site, thank you!

I will forward it to my midwife so she can print it, I can't wait until my next appt with her to see what she has done with the articles and the response she has received!
#37 of 37 Old 09-06-2003, 09:37 PM

Heather, did you manage to convince dh to leave your baby boy intact? I know he's just about to be born...please tell us your dh came around!

Keeping all my fingers and toes crossed....

Come visit the NEW QuirkyBaby website -- earn QB Bucks rewards points for purchases, reviews, referrals, and more! Free US shipping on great brands of baby slings and carriers and FREE BabyLegs or babywearing mirror on orders of $100+. Take the QB Quiz for personalized advice!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page