The poor babe!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 05-21-2003, 09:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i just had to share that a friend of mine just had her baby 2 months ago. She chose to have him circumsized and so far he has had three procedures!! In two months!! To get his poor little penis to "look right". It still isn't right so he may have to have more. The doctor tells my friend that the circumcition was hard because her boy has a "thick foreskin".

I feel so bad for the baby

Jaime
#2 of 7 Old 05-21-2003, 10:45 PM

Jamie- Please print out or forward the pictures from this link to your friend and please ask her to stop cutting now! His penis will grow for another two decades- what looks funny is the only sex organ he is going to get. If he does not like the results when his penis is done growing- he can sue for damage, but for her to keep cutting to try to make things better- what is she thinking?
http://www.rogerknapp.com/medical/circ_incomplete.htm

Please ask her to stop cutting. That doctor is a quack and should be sued, get the medical records and keep them for when he get the right age to sue. The reason why the circumcision was done wrong was because the person who did it did it wrong, those knives and clamps don't care what it is they are cutting through, to try to place the responsibility of plain malpractice on the anatomy of a tiny helpless baby- as if it is HIS FAULT- it inconcievable.

Love Sarah
#3 of 7 Old 05-21-2003, 11:19 PM
Bug

How horrible! Poor little guy...
#4 of 7 Old 05-22-2003, 09:12 AM

tough foreskin? HA! Sounds like the doctor botched and the parents just don't know better.Poor little boy.Hugs for him.
sara
#5 of 7 Old 05-23-2003, 04:07 AM

Without a Doubt - Of Course the doctor botched. Show me one baby who doesn't have silky soft baby skin ALL OVER his body. Thick foreskin - yeah right....
#6 of 7 Old 05-23-2003, 07:13 PM

I wasn't thinking "thick" as in caloused I was thinking as in just plain thick as in layers. Of course, the foreskin is double-layered when flacid and that includes babies whose foreskin is still sealed down. I think that is just a big excuse to continue the cutting. With ANYthing you're going to cut to "look right"- and I hate to make this analogy, but for instance a haircut- we all know that if you keep at it you're going to end up with less and less and it will just turn out BAD! LIke "Just snip that little bit there..." and whoops! I cut to much, so lets cut the other side to match, etc. UGH!
#7 of 7 Old 05-23-2003, 07:19 PM

About the pics Sarah posted:

All intact boys I've seen who are intact and have a fat pad still do not retract back into the abdomen like that. Part of that is the circ itself, I think. But I know it CAN happen- I just haven't seen it.

Also, notice how when they're "popping it out" in the middle pics, the glans are still shiney- from being constantly covered inside. The last photos you can see how they are starting to become dried out.

I knew somone last year who had a son with a burried penis. He was circ'd. His penis looked like a belly button. Just a little indentation and/or flat where the penis should be. She would pop it out at diaper changes too. I did mention to her why this was- because of his circ- but that's all I really could do/say. She already really hadn't wanted to circ in the first place, but her "dh insisted". This baby was about 5 months at the time.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page