other 4 1.93%
Voters: 207. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 51 Old 03-01-2007, 10:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Intact! My hubby was born and raised in the UK

Karin, Wife to Dear Sweet English Husband~Soon to be Legally American. Mom to Zach~13, Lily~9, Alex~2, and Izzy or Zeke arriving July 2010! Living a life full of LOVE!
#32 of 51 Old 03-01-2007, 03:57 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Intact. He's from Germany.

Mama to Marcus (1/05) and Arianna (3/10). hbac.gif

#33 of 51 Old 03-01-2007, 06:39 PM

Intact - dh is British. He also summed up his reaction to infant circumcision with the word 'sad'.
#34 of 51 Old 03-01-2007, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tadpoles View Post
DP is circed, wishes he wasn't, but doesn't have any ill feelings towards his parents for doing it.

Mine too. He is not interested in restoration, but he has admitted that some issues he has are clearly circ-related and wishes that it hadn't been done. He has not expressed to me that he has any anger towards his parents, and I don't get that vibe from him, but who knows.

At least he is on-board with me that if we ever have sons, they will be intact.
#35 of 51 Old 03-01-2007, 07:46 PM

My dh is circ'd and doesn't seem to have any problems with it (physically or emotionally) and when I mentioned restoration he seemed pretty uninterested. He does realize now how unnecessary and cruel circ is. All 3 of our boys are intact.
#36 of 51 Old 03-01-2007, 07:49 PM

Circ'd, bitter about it, but has no interest whatsoever in restoring.

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#37 of 51 Old 03-01-2007, 08:59 PM

I answered for my wife. I was circed as an infant. I am currently restoring and it has made a wonderful difference. After 40 I started gradually losing feeling and sensation. I wouldn't have thought anything of it if I had not restored. Just normal aging, it seemed. And it happened so gradually, that it just snuck up on me. Having to take rest breaks when masturbating or having intercourse. Having to really concentrate on fantasies to get off.

But I am now mostly restored and it is amazing. It have the feelings I had when I was 20. I have the ease of stimulating myself as if I was 20 again. I can relax and enjoy making love. No lube needed. And I have feelings from the skin movement that i cannot describe, but are markedly different than I ever had before. Someone who has experineced all three conditions said:

sex with a foreskin = 10
sex circumcised = 3
sex restored = 7

I believe it based on my experience so far. The problem is that sex without a foreskin is soooo gooood, that it is impossible to believe it can be any better. I know, that was how I felt too. All I can say is that it has been well worth the time and tedium of restoring for me. I am happy to answer any questions and provide help if any one wants more information about restoring.

Regards,
#38 of 51 Old 03-01-2007, 10:12 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Dh is, and has said he wished the decision was made to him. I would add him to the "too lazy to restore group". Interested, but not committed. Fortunately he thinks circ is stupid (said so before I ever brought it up when I was pregnant with ds), so no issues there.

I did recently find out that my dad is intact. Born 1953 in Oregon. I was rather surprised.

Happily married to my dh, mama to ds1 (01/2005), ds2 (07/2007)  and dd (07/2009).
#39 of 51 Old 03-01-2007, 10:38 PM

Dh is circ'd but until I started researching when we got pregnant he thought nothing of it.
We now know that he has massive discoloration scarring. Thanks goodness thats the worst of it.
I dont think he resents it being done tho. We have talked about restoration but Ill leave it up to him to decide.
Misha

DS (03/10) &  DD (06/07) both were/are : waterbirth.jpg homebirth.jpg winner.jpg

#40 of 51 Old 03-01-2007, 11:08 PM

Circ'd. Born in the late 60's to a mama that didn't know any better at that time. He wishes he weren't circ'd now though.

My Dad is intact as well, born in the 40's. He told me his Dad was intact as well. We had a conversation about circ'ing when I was pregnant with my DS.
#41 of 51 Old 03-01-2007, 11:57 PM

he is circed, he is perfectly happy that way... However he thought the argument of "so he would look like me" was laughable, and didn't see any reason to have our son circed.

Jillian wife to Ryan and mommy to Janelle Ashlynn (9/09/2002), Kincaid Chance (3/29/2004), Travis Neil (8/13/2007) and River Anderson (5/02/2009).
#42 of 51 Old 03-02-2007, 12:23 AM

DP is circ and he doesn't have any issues with it. When he was born when circ was still routine. Where I am from, now they don't even propose or do it unless there is a medical reason for it. Or you can have it done for religious reasons but usually have to go in a religious hospital( judaism). When I first asked him what he thought about it, he said he wanted his boys, if we have one, to be circ. So I did research and told him. But what changed his mind was when I showed him the circ video. He didn't even watch it till the end and said: "That's what they did to me!!!!!" Now he is against it

Memz, with mylove.gif and mommy  of babygirl.gif born 01/17/10 and 3 cat.gif familybed1.gifsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.gif

***4** *8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**stork-boy.gif40

#43 of 51 Old 03-02-2007, 12:24 AM

I'm just wondering, what's the "other" in the poll. I can't seem to find another option:

Memz, with mylove.gif and mommy  of babygirl.gif born 01/17/10 and 3 cat.gif familybed1.gifsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.gif

***4** *8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**stork-boy.gif40

#44 of 51 Old 03-02-2007, 12:55 AM

He's intact. Born in 1960 in Canada in a hospital. His older brothers are intact too as is his dad. Thay are Christian Scientists and don't believe in medical treatment, as a rule.
#45 of 51 Old 03-02-2007, 02:20 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by memz View Post
I'm just wondering, what's the "other" in the poll. I can't seem to find another option:
What if you have more than one partner or don't have a male partner right now?

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#46 of 51 Old 03-02-2007, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trmpetplaya View Post
Intact! Born in California to a wise mama in 1983
love and peace.
That's my DH, too, yay! He hadn't thought to be thankful, though until recently as we've been discussing it. We use the FAM for birth control and I attribute our success to the fact that DH says condoms don't bother him at all- he can barely tell it's there. Everyone I've talked to before said they hate them, and I've realized it's because they are circed they have diminished feeling, not because of the condoms.

Seriously, though, isn't the US the only place besides Israel where they circ routinely, still? So weird.

Happily married to DH for 6 years, in process to foster-adopt 3 children DD4, DS3 and DS2. We may be bringing half brother age 9 one day as well! We are not infertile, we just have decided that since there are precious children who need homes there is no need for us to have biological children.

#47 of 51 Old 03-02-2007, 06:03 PM

Nicholelynn:

Yes, i think it's only here in the US, not sure about Israel. DH is scandinavian and they don't circ there (Those countries have state church's too). I don't get why they do it in the US.

Dh is intact and I agree about the condom thing, they don't bother him at all and I think it has to do with diminished feeling.

I've got three monkeys jumping on the bed!!

#48 of 51 Old 03-02-2007, 06:10 PM

Yeah, my dh doesn't mind condoms much either... though I do!

love and peace.

mama to two girls and due in November!
: Circumcision can never be undone :
#49 of 51 Old 03-02-2007, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trmpetplaya View Post
Yeah, my dh doesn't mind condoms much either... though I do!
Wifes against...

I've got three monkeys jumping on the bed!!

#50 of 51 Old 03-02-2007, 06:27 PM

my husband is on a plateau with restoring right now. he has a tlc tugger, but has enough slack now that he doesn't find it doing much. he's found a device on the internet to build and is hoping to get it put together soon so he can finish what he started.
#51 of 51 Old 03-03-2007, 02:56 PM

My dh is circed, but restoring. The two of us read an article from Men's Health when we were looking into the issue when I was pregnant with our 1st 9 years ago. We both decided VERY quickly that it was something we were not going to do.

I started participating in circ debate boards and I became aware of restoration. I showed it to dh and he decided he wanted to do it.....that was about 7 years ago. It has been a slow process for him. He has a very active job and he had a hard time finding a method that would work well for him during the day. He still has issues in the summer with sweating and the tape coming loose. He has fixed all of his circ-related problems like painful erections. As his skin stretched he actually gained length....an inch or more. He still is not fully restored, but the benefits already are astounding for him AND me. Hopefully one day he will complete the process.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page