Let's hear your best comebacks! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 48 Old 06-11-2007, 03:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
"Every intact (they'd probably say "uncircumcised" though....) man I know has had problems."

I would first ask how many intact men they knew because I'd be willing to bet quite a bit of money that I know many many more Then I would bring up my dh, who has never had any problems (and more folks if they were very persistent) vs. my circumcised FIL who has had prostate cancer TWICE, which they used to think was somewhat prevented by circumcision.

love and peace.

mama to two girls and due in November!
: Circumcision can never be undone :
#32 of 48 Old 06-11-2007, 04:31 PM

This would be a comeback for an intact teenager if indeed the locker room phenomenon exists. Stolen from Penn & Teller - 'I'm ribbed for her pleasure, at least your girlfriend thinks so'. And of course 'sorry your parents felt the need to hack off part of d*&k when you were born' and 'don't be mad because mine's bigger.' Yeah I know they're a bit immature, but this is highschool aged guys we're talking about! But hopefully this won't be an issue.
#33 of 48 Old 06-11-2007, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liseux View Post
"Oh, we want him to look like his dad"

what I say:
Yes, some of my fondest memories of when I was a kid were the hours and hours of penis and vagina comparing that we did with our parents. It means so much to have a vagina that looks like my moms. (I cringe as I type, you know Im kidding. Its just so weird to care about matching genitals )
I know isn't that a weird concept. I honestly have no idea what my mother's vagina looks like even though I see her nude all the time. I just don't spend time pondering it and thinking about the details. Hey mom come over here so I can look at your crotch in greater detail.
#34 of 48 Old 06-11-2007, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylDec&Jul View Post
Great timing for me - with my due date rapidly approaching. Thanks & keep them coming.

Also, what do you say to someone who says everyone they know who is not circumcised has had problems?
A 10% circumcision complication rate.
#35 of 48 Old 06-11-2007, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyttlewon View Post
I know isn't that a weird concept. I honestly have no idea what my mother's vagina looks like even though I see her nude all the time. I just don't spend time pondering it and thinking about the details. Hey mom come over here so I can look at your crotch in greater detail.
I'd be blunt and shocked and say: "You want them to compare genitals? Women don't do that, so why would you want the two men in your life to do that. Kind of sick, if you ask me."
#36 of 48 Old 06-12-2007, 02:03 PM

These are all really good.

My favourite on the cleanliness front is the Penn and Teller line -

Exactly how difficult do you think it is to get a man to spend an extra 20 seconds cleaning his d*ck in the shower in the morning?

I agree on the AIDS line - newborn babies aren't exactly at risk for contracting a sexually transmitted disease (big eye roll).

Men can decide for themselves if they want to have surgery which will reduce their sexual sensation and mean that they STILL have to wear a condom in order to protect themselves from getting HIV/AIDS.

Another huge eye roll.

Seriously - all the arguments for circ are pretty dumb...I think it all boils down to social conformity. And that isn't something I want to teach my child - i.e., that it's so important to be like 'everyone else' that I'm willing to hack off part of his body without his consent.
#37 of 48 Old 06-12-2007, 04:28 PM

I just thought of one I'll need to use in the future.

"well we've been trying, but we haven't figured out how to regrow DH's yet"

My DH feels so jipped for being circed. He's been reading more about it since having DS and it bums him out. At lease he was able to save DS from the same fate.

Lucia , Poly )O( Lactation Counseling mama lady.gifvbac.gifto 5 yo Goobersuperhero.gif and 3 1/2 yo MZ twins twins.gif Peanut and Sweetpea and 1yo Pumpkinbabyf.gif mmm placenta.gif
#38 of 48 Old 06-12-2007, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrebloom View Post
I just thought of one I'll need to use in the future.

"well we've been trying, but we haven't figured out how to regrow DH's yet"

My DH feels so jipped for being circed. He's been reading more about it since having DS and it bums him out. At lease he was able to save DS from the same fate.
Now that's a good one!

senior majikfaerie cult member
#39 of 48 Old 06-13-2007, 12:29 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
mommiska: Seriously - all the arguments for circ are pretty dumb...I think it all boils down to social conformity. And that isn't something I want to teach my child - i.e., that it's so important to be like 'everyone else' that I'm willing to hack off part of his body without his consent.
I really like your response to the "we want him to fit in" bit. I am trying to imagine myself saying this to someone.

Being like everyone else wasn't/isn't worth us hacking off a part of our darling son.
#40 of 48 Old 06-13-2007, 12:43 AM

I usually say "DH has a hole in his ear and two tattoos, we're not going to pierce and ink our son."

Or, "Ask your DH if he even knows if his dad is circed. Cause my dh hasn't really paid much attention to his family members genitals."

In regards to it being "cleaner" I also say "I don't see how it's that hard to convince a guy to play with his penis for a few seconds in the shower every day."

Also "No way in hell am I letting someone near my future perfect child with a scalpel for no reason!"

Rebecca, CPST, Navy wife to Chris, furmama to Fenway
#41 of 48 Old 06-16-2007, 08:47 AM

In regards to the argument about preventing cancer, I always tell someone yeah and as soon as my little girl is born we are taking her to the hospital to have her breat removed. Lord knows we don't need her getting breast cancer!

Erika SO to *S*: and Aunt to *A*(10), *Z*(9), and *D*(8)
#42 of 48 Old 06-16-2007, 10:16 AM

On AIDS:

If my son were a promiscuous adult male in South Africa, I might suggest he get circ'd. But he is a 3 yo in America.

On looking like Daddy:

Umm, do you plan on doing nude Christmas photos or something and want them to match? Do you really think it will look the same?

I also usually start the conversations off with the right tone, like "Since so fewer people are getting their sons circ'd these days..." or "Since most of the old information has been proven wrong..."
#43 of 48 Old 06-16-2007, 10:18 AM

I wanted to add that so many of these are cracking me up. A few laughs on this board is such a good thing on an all too often depressing and angering topic.
#44 of 48 Old 06-16-2007, 10:27 AM

"So, when you and your dad compare penises, is it an emotional thing or a sexual thing or what?"

I like to remind the dad that he's also a son. If he never thinks about his own father's penis, why does he think his son will care about his?
#45 of 48 Old 06-16-2007, 11:49 AM

What about the "to ward off infections later on" I always say, "when I get an infection, I take medicine." Or I say, "gee, I did consider removing ds/dd's appendix at birth too" But I did steal one from someone's siggy--when someone brings up the "look like dad" I say, "oh, the annual father-son penis parade goes by your house too?"
#46 of 48 Old 06-18-2007, 03:40 PM

I'm new to this board, but I thought I'd chime in with my reply to a friend last week when the topic came up about my son (due in August) being intact.

She asked "don't you want him to look like his daddy?"
I said, "what, eight inches long and curved slightly to the left?"

The topic was over!
#47 of 48 Old 06-18-2007, 03:54 PM

I didn't do it directly since the comment wasn't made to me, but my one sister said to my other sister about my nephew, "His penis is fine....just like his daddy."

When my other sister relayed that I said, "She wants him like daddy, huh? Too small and comes too quick?"

I thought, that reason makes no sense when she has made complaints about her own dh. :
#48 of 48 Old 06-18-2007, 05:37 PM

one of my IRL "friends" was going on and ON about how much cleaner it is... so i let her finish 20 min later and then said...
ME: "oh yeah you know that WOMEN actually have it harder to clean down there right? *her eyes were huge*
HER: not uh
ME: think about it...but hey we can get you circ soon so it will be cleaner then you can match your family!
HER: your not going to do it huh?
ME: NOPE
HER: what if he gets teased during PE?
ME: he'll get over it just like we got over it for being teased about our women bits!
HER: but i never got teased...everyone was always so quick to get dressed we only had 5 min.
ME: no s**t huh?

then it just got quiet and we did the vax battle! which you don't even wanna know about!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page