have you actually changed anyone's mind? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 32 Old 09-05-2003, 03:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A coworker's daughter is pregnant and even though I don't know her very well, I sent her a list of links that I've found useful. From clothing stores to books to the Bradley web site to noharm.org. Had to get a few of those in there. =) Hopefully, she'll read 'em and they'll sink in. Since we're not really friends or anything, it's not like I can just talk to her about it.

Although... another coworker and I were talking and she's TTC and I mentioned how I feel that circ is inhumane, barbaric, and unethical and she said she had never really thought about it, but what I said made sense. Her hubby's Italian, but I get the feeling the family's been in the States for a while. I think she'd spare her son too. =)
#32 of 32 Old 09-05-2003, 06:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just had to share... the new mom-to-be emailed me back and said this:
Quote:
I'm definitely going to check out these sites and see what I can use. Thank you for your compassion and pity on a new mother. I'll be sure to pass on this e-mail to anyone I know that is pregnant.
It's being spread! =) She's a smart, feisty woman too. If she believes in something, I know she's even more adamant than I can be. =) It'd be so awesome if she gets fired up about breastfeeding, AP style, and keeping boys as they should be! =)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page