Possible Seperation Issues/Sore/Red/Irritated/Ballooning/Normal Development,etc. - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 140 Old 06-16-2008, 10:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
#62 of 140 Old 06-27-2008, 09:01 PM

search feature isn't working

---feeling like an emu on acid---
#63 of 140 Old 06-29-2008, 05:38 PM

Bumping this up.

heartbeat.gif Mama to 5 busy bees (12, 9, 6, 3, 2) & 3 angel1.gif
#64 of 140 Old 07-08-2008, 09:11 AM

#65 of 140 Old 08-04-2008, 09:06 PM

#66 of 140 Old 08-08-2008, 12:20 AM

SugarMama to Chatterbox Zoe (almost 4) and Locomotive Miles (2)
#67 of 140 Old 08-13-2008, 09:09 AM

#68 of 140 Old 08-16-2008, 09:25 PM

Thank you so much for this! My first son(4th child) is 3.5. Last night he started complaining that his penis was sore. Today it has been a little red, a little swollen and more sore. I was getting concerned, since he has never had any issues at all. He's not retractable, so I didn't want to take him to the doctor for fear that they would try to force it. Besides, he is having no pain while urinating and part of the time it doesn't bother him at all. Thanks to this post I have learned about separation and that it can cause these very issues. I had no idea they could get sore as separation occurs. It makes sense now that I have read about it.

Thanks so much! Now I don't have to worry anymore. :
#69 of 140 Old 08-17-2008, 11:40 AM

I searched and found this thread again, I think we should have it up there as a sticky as well.

Perpetually breastfeeding or pregnant ENFP mom to a lot of kids...wife to a midwestern nice guy...living in tropical paradise...pink cats and homebirths rock!

#70 of 140 Old 08-17-2008, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclecticmama View Post
Thank you so much for this! My first son(4th child) is 3.5. Last night he started complaining that his penis was sore. Today it has been a little red, a little swollen and more sore. I was getting concerned, since he has never had any issues at all. He's not retractable, so I didn't want to take him to the doctor for fear that they would try to force it. Besides, he is having no pain while urinating and part of the time it doesn't bother him at all. Thanks to this post I have learned about separation and that it can cause these very issues. I had no idea they could get sore as separation occurs. It makes sense now that I have read about it.

Thanks so much! Now I don't have to worry anymore. :
Hey I am glad you found this thread and found it useful. I would like to prevail upon the mods to try and sticky this thread. I know it's been talked about so lets do it.
#71 of 140 Old 08-17-2008, 05:42 PM

#72 of 140 Old 08-19-2008, 11:12 AM

I bumped this one up because a couple of days ago DH seemed to have some sensitivity around his penis. He was a little puffy and slightly pink, and a bit sensitive to the touch. Because I had seen a lump under his foreskin in the last month or so (and figured smegma pearl) I figured from that and from this thread that he was likely separating. DH honestly had NO CLUE what it was (being circumcied himself had no experience with this). Then, yesterday morning I changed him and found some tiny white granules in his diaper. Then, by the afternoon his penis looked completely normal again, and of course is still normal now.

I have to say, this thread (and this forum) is invaluable. It makes me sad to hear sometimes how some boy "had to be circ'd" because of ballooning, or because they had an "infection" when in reality balooning and releasing smegma pearls is part of the natural separation process. Their parents didn't know that what was happening was normal and had a deep sense of worry/panic. It's sad too that many doctors don't seem to know about the normal separation process and will be quick to tell them to circ.

Which is why this thread is so important. I know a lot about the intact penis, because of a lot of research I have done, and hanging out here. But, other parents I talk to don't do this research, don't have the knowledge of the intact penis and normal development. This thread and the previous one is invaluable to them, and no doubt has saved many boys from being unnecessarily circ'd.

Perpetually breastfeeding or pregnant ENFP mom to a lot of kids...wife to a midwestern nice guy...living in tropical paradise...pink cats and homebirths rock!

#73 of 140 Old 08-19-2008, 11:25 AM

Many of us have been asking for a long time now to make this a sticky . . . I'm still not sure why it doesn't happen . . .

This information has been so very helpful too us too. In case it never becomes a sticky, let's just keep this thread alive. I don't want it to get *lost,* especially for parents coming to this forum for the first time. Let's try to keep it on the first page.

Again, maybe someday it will be a sticky -- one can hope!

Amazing Mama Birth Services
CD(DONA) and Birthing From Within Mentor and Birth Doula
#74 of 140 Old 08-20-2008, 10:53 AM

ITA! Before I found this thread, the advice I had been given by a doctor over the phone was that I should have been pulling back the foreskin and cleaning under it since he was born! I knew that wasn't right, so I came here looking for more answers. I looked for a sticky first and when I didn't find one, I did a search. I didn't find this thread in my search, but luckily found another thread where someone had a similar problem and they were linked to this thread. I am *so* glad I found this thread. I have had family pressures since my first son was born. My grandmother has worried since the day she learned we didn't circ that he was in for problems, since my grandfather "had to be circ'd" at age 7 due to problems. I'm willing to bet the problems were probably these same normal things that happen. I was getting pretty concerned myself before I found this thread. Sure enough, within 48 hours he was back to normal and no harm done. Had I taken him to the doctor, I don't know that they would have pushed me to circ, but had I taken him to his first doctor, she would have definitely retracted him. Luckily we now see a doctor that has two intact sons. I may have gotten the correct information from him, but it would have meant an unnecessary trip to the doctor.

Hopefully someday this will be a sticky, because it is truly invaluable information that I haven't ever read elsewhere.
#75 of 140 Old 08-22-2008, 04:05 PM

Bumping up for someone else who needs it!

#76 of 140 Old 08-22-2008, 04:40 PM

Thanks!
#77 of 140 Old 09-06-2008, 04:56 PM

#78 of 140 Old 09-09-2008, 02:27 PM

I just stumbled upon this and what a great find! I just noticed what might be a little ballooning in my DS yesterday and although I had already kinda figured all was well, it was really good to read this as reassurance
#79 of 140 Old 09-09-2008, 09:38 PM

You rock OP

~laura
and planning to eat it again
#80 of 140 Old 09-12-2008, 01:38 AM

for Mama Mare
#81 of 140 Old 09-18-2008, 01:16 PM

#82 of 140 Old 09-19-2008, 03:32 AM

thank you!!!!!

Those diaper irritations can be beaten by baking soda dips!!! :

Latina Mama of 3 and Wife of a great man since 1997
: : : : : : :
#83 of 140 Old 09-27-2008, 11:13 AM

bump
#84 of 140 Old 10-03-2008, 11:10 PM

This really needs to be stickied.

BTW, I'm not sure if its just my computer but the links for the pic. of the pearl doesn't look to be right (at least I don't see anything that looks like it) and its displaying a weird script (bringing up a message asking for an install).

Perhaps we could track down a more appropriate pic. to use?

and again, really needs to be stickied.

Jessica

Jessica..lady.gifintactlact.gif Falling in love all over again..... 
Dhprivateeyes.gif, Joshua rolleyes.gif Rebeccagrouphug.gifand dog2.gif.    candle.gif for Laura
#85 of 140 Old 10-04-2008, 12:12 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you for letting me know about that link I am off to fix it. The reason it looks that way is because it is in Japanese or Chinese and it wants to install the program to translate it to english. I am moving the picture to my own website so that you can see the pic without the words.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#86 of 140 Old 10-04-2008, 01:20 AM - Thread Starter

OK got the picture up on another site along with another picture that some might find helpful.

Not sure what happened that it hasnt been sticked yet the last I heard from Puppy she was gonna bring it up at the next meeting but I know she has been super busy with her kids and new LO so I am thinking that is why.

Maybe you all could remind her via PM about it : (dont shoot me puppy)

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#87 of 140 Old 10-20-2008, 01:20 PM

Bumping this up for someone new...

#88 of 140 Old 10-23-2008, 06:21 PM

bumpy
#89 of 140 Old 11-06-2008, 10:26 PM

---feeling like an emu on acid---
#90 of 140 Old 11-12-2008, 12:51 PM

bump

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page