Do you know intact little boys? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 110 Old 10-21-2007, 02:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just wondering. My son is the ONLY intact little boy I know of.

We have 8 young family males that are all circumcised, my SIL has two boys she wanted to leave intact but BIL refused and SIL doesn't have the guts to stand up to him. And all of my son's friend's are circumcised. I did childcare for a long time, again all circumcised.

I do know there was one little boy in a daycare I worked at (300+ kids) and he was the only intact little boy. Then DH's co-workers had a little boy with a LOT of issues at birth, so he wasn't circumcised because of all of that. And my grandma recently told me my grandpa was intact without any problems, but that they circumcised all three of their boys. :

People just look at me like I'm insane when circ comes up and I tell them my son is intact. I'm very vocal about it if it comes up. My sister just found out they are having a boy and she doesn't want him circumcised, but BIL does. UGH, what is it with men?! Anyways, I sent her tons of information, links, etc. I'm hoping she will stand up to him and just refuse it. She's a strong woman in general, but I'm not sure that she'll want to cause this big of an issue with him. He's a "my way or the highway" guy and will whine and scream until he gets his way. *sigh*

Sorry, that turned into a ramble. But I really just wanted to know if your intact little boys have intact friends/family members or if they are the only intact kids you know.
#2 of 110 Old 10-21-2007, 02:55 PM

DS has a few friends who are circed and a few who aren't. Thankfully more and more of the babies are intact b/c I can't live with myself if I don't bring it up!

When my sister has kids they will be intact.

WAHMama to Allen (2-10-05) and Alexa (6-27-08)
#3 of 110 Old 10-21-2007, 02:58 PM

My son and the little boy I babysit are both intact (and the little boy's dad, I'm told ). And my friend who is due in November is not circ'ing, if it's a boy!

So the intact kids are in the majority among my group of friends. Of course, everyone else I know has girls, it seems like.
#4 of 110 Old 10-21-2007, 03:02 PM

It's about 50/50 here, it's nice.

Kerry, loving wife to Pete, mama to DD (14) DS1 (9) DS2 (3) & Expecting someone new Jan 2013

#5 of 110 Old 10-21-2007, 03:03 PM

Just my little ones.

Homeschooling mom of 2 rambunctious, loving, spectacular boys, wife to an incredible man who has been my best friend on this journey <3

#6 of 110 Old 10-21-2007, 03:06 PM

Most family we know are circ'd except for our own boys, but probably 1/3-1/2 of our boys' friends are intact. As the older ones get older I obviously don't know about their friends so much.

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#7 of 110 Old 10-21-2007, 03:26 PM

all of the little boys i know are intact except one, and i'm not sure about him. his parents were pretty set on circ'ing him, i talked to them but i'm not sure what they decided.
#8 of 110 Old 10-21-2007, 03:32 PM

My son is in the majority of intact children at his Montessori school. I was pleased to find this out. 13 intact and 8 circumcised.

I am also in a natural-minded local moms group so I tend to see lots of intact boys. As for my high school friends or extended families, all have circumcised their little boys.
#9 of 110 Old 10-21-2007, 03:39 PM

Even when I was 20 (1986) and worked in daycare I saw many many intact boys. this was in San Francisco. Even when I worked at the Jewish Community Center preschool (Marin County)it was 50-50 (not all were Jewish)! Most of my son's peer group that he grew up with are intact (he's 16) - that's a group that ranges from Petaluma CA (north of S.F.) to Santa Cruz CA. I was actually amazed and dismayed to hear of the stats in the other parts of the US when I started chatting online - and completely flabbergasted to hear some of the reasons for circ and the attitudes (obviously not on MDC)! I thought we were living in 2007, not 1957?! I just naively assumed that circ was a thing of the past...
But a bit of good news: my SIL had a baby on 10/13 and her step father asked if they were circ'ing. He told her that none of his grandsons were circ'd and that he was against it! My nephew is intact as of now - my SIL feels the same way I do about circ, but my brother is, well, can I say an idiot??? Send vibes of strength to my dear SIL!!
#10 of 110 Old 10-21-2007, 04:26 PM

The great majority of boys in my state are circed, I read somewhere that we have like the 3rd highest rate in the nation

That said, DS has one friend who is a boy and he's intact

Dawn, mama to D (3.06) & N (9.07) C (11.09) & Still-in-shock surprise due in Aug!
#11 of 110 Old 10-21-2007, 04:42 PM

I've babysat several intact boys over the years. I have 5 intact nephews. I also go to Utah Friends of Midwives meetings (I think that's what it's called) and I've noticed intact baby boys there too.

Mama to my little social butterfly 6/13/09

#12 of 110 Old 10-21-2007, 04:46 PM

Nope, so far just my little one. All of my nephews are circed, and so far I havent seen any others at random diaper changes or swim lessons or anything of the like.
#13 of 110 Old 10-21-2007, 05:01 PM

I'm in the UK - all of the boys I know are intact. No matter what age. I so appreciate not having to stress about friends having little boys over here.

Among my American friends - well, most had boys before I had my son (which is when I finally learned about circ), and they all circed.

Since I've had my son, there have been 3 other boys born to good friends/family - 2 are intact and 1 is circed (I gave info in all three cases).

The more we make sure people have the true facts about circumcision, the more the circumcision rate will drop (although there will always be parents out there who do it for God only knows what reason ).
#14 of 110 Old 10-21-2007, 05:11 PM

The only one that I know for sure is intact is my step-nephew. Unfortunately, I have quite a few friends and relatives who I know have boys that are circ'd, BUT there are lots of them that I have no clue about at all The topic has simply never come up with them, and even though I'm pretty curious about their status, I don't want to sound too nosey or wacko by striking up a conversation about my friends'/relatives' boys' penises :

Wife and mother to 2 kiddos - 17 yr old DS jammin.gifand 13 yr old DD energy.gif.. and a cat that thinks he's a dog dizzy.gif
#15 of 110 Old 10-21-2007, 05:13 PM

My 10 yr old stepson is intact.

He's the only boy I who I KNOW is intact.

I only know this because his dad told me about it.

He said he thought it was wrong to NOT circ. His ex-wife is the one who insisted on not circing.

Good for her!

I told my husband that IF we EVER have a boy, he's not being circed either.

I don't know too many little boys.

I do have a few nephews, but I've never asked their moms about their penis's, so I really don't have a clue there.

Katreena, peace.gif 39 year old Alaskan treehugger.gif Mama to 1 hearts.gif and 1 lady.gif gd.gif

#16 of 110 Old 10-21-2007, 05:27 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
The vast majority of the little boys I know are intact, but I'm in a crunchy area.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#17 of 110 Old 10-21-2007, 06:21 PM

Most of the boys around here are intact. I can think of only 5 circed boys. My sister & BIL would have had it done, but it's not covered by health care anymore, so they didn't.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#18 of 110 Old 10-21-2007, 06:23 PM

More intact in my circle, but there are circs.

SAHM married to with twin boys  and a girl .  

#19 of 110 Old 10-21-2007, 06:23 PM

I only know one boy my sons age who is circed. The rest, where I'm aware one way or the other, are intact.

Let there be beauty and strength, power and compassion, honor and humility, mirth and reverence within you.)0(
#20 of 110 Old 10-21-2007, 06:29 PM

There are no circ'd boys in my family so I have 6 intact nephews. I also know many intact boys through my friends and homeschool groups.

Laura

mom to 3 home-born children, wife to a great guy joy.gif

#21 of 110 Old 10-21-2007, 06:32 PM

DS is the only one I know who is intact I like to think that there are many more out there and I just dont know it but I havnt seen a single intact baby/toddler EVER other than ds.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#22 of 110 Old 10-21-2007, 06:57 PM
Fi.

I will in a few months

Long distance Mom to boarding school superstars E (9) and Layne (6).
#23 of 110 Old 10-21-2007, 11:21 PM

We're all alone here :-(
My dad and his bro's are circed. My half bro and step bros (altho one step bro who just got married is pretty crunchy so MAYBE when they have kids... here's hoping)
My cousing married a girl he met in Germany and they have a son. Is circ in Germany culture good or bad? I'm sure he's potty trained by now so I won't get to take a peak hahaha
Any friends I have- all circ and "it's best... he'll have to get it done later" blah blah
Actually, my mother's super crunchy cousin didn't circ her son. He's like 30 now though. She also BF till he was about 4 :-)

Monther of Riley (11), Andrew (4) and Victoria (7 months)
#24 of 110 Old 10-21-2007, 11:26 PM

Yes, I know fewer circed boys than intact ones. I'm surrounded by people who don't circ, so I guess I assume too much. At a book party, a friend was showing me a book on puberty that she bought for her son. I looked at the pages and frowned when I got to the penis picture and said "why on earth would they have a picture of a circed penis?" and she kind of looked at me surprised and said that she circed her son. I responded "yeah, but my son isn't and I'd want him to read a book that showed a penis that looked like his."

The day I had my son, he was the only boy born in the hospital that week that didn't get circed. The only one! My husband wouldn't let my son out of his sight because he was afraid that someone would circ him while we weren't looking. We had issues with that hospital pushing their views onto us before, so we knew to look out for ourselves.

Lisa

Our children make a study of us in a way no one else ever will.  If we don't act according to our values, they will know.~Starhawk Rainbow.gif  New  User Agreement! http://www.mothering.com/community/wiki/user-agreement

#25 of 110 Old 10-21-2007, 11:32 PM

In my fifteen years of being a nanny the only boys I took care of that were circ'd were Jewish. The rest which is a lot were all intact. Not one of my douls clients has circ'd and the ones that ended up with girls were not going to circ of it was a boy. No if I could on;y educate my naive little sister. She is not ttc yet but she of I'll let daddy make the decision mentality, and she thinks it is purely cosmetic. There dog is tailess and his ears are pinned, I guess that is were they stand

:CLC,Doula :Mama to 2
#26 of 110 Old 10-21-2007, 11:41 PM

one little boy that we have occasional contact with. i used to work daycare and there were a handful there.

~helen~ mama to 5 yo twins jonas and micah and my 2 yo baby boy eli
#27 of 110 Old 10-21-2007, 11:49 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
DS is the only intact boy I know. We are familiar with three other boys. Two of them were born in the last two years. With both I tried to talk their moms into keeping them intact. One of them even said she would and the dad was intact, but she cut him anyway. No idea why.

I have seen quite a few diaper changes at DS's daycare and they're always cut. Once I thought I glimpsed an intact infant as I walked past, but it was too quick to tell. I wouldn't be surprised if DS was the only intact boy in his whole daycare. We live in Ohio, circumcision central.

Mandy, )O(  Proud mommy of Taylor (1/6/05) jammin.gifand Abigail (4/21/11) slinggirl.gif
Loving wife of my gamer boy Michael. modifiedartist.gifBlog link in my profile! ribboncesarean.gif
#28 of 110 Old 10-21-2007, 11:52 PM

The only people I know IRL with intact sons, I met through here or another board I'm on. Otherwise, the boys I know (family, friends, playgroups) are all circed. It makes me sad.
#29 of 110 Old 10-21-2007, 11:54 PM

My two little boys. :

I know a few little boys that are as well.
#30 of 110 Old 10-21-2007, 11:56 PM

My two closest friends have intact boys and my brother and father are also intact. My Dad was born and raised in Scotland, so intact is normal. DH and his brother are circed though.

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page