if genital mutilation were a problem affecting men the matter would long be settled - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 33 Old 11-06-2007, 03:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoninBeGonin View Post
I wrote this but haven't hit submit. Unfortunately there's a word limit so I can't write all I wanted. How does it sound before I send it to her?

Ms. Dirie,

I whole heartedly support any efforts in ending female genital mutilation, but I can't donate to a site that downplays the terrible cruelty of routine infant male circumcision by saying that "if genital mutilation were a problem affecting men the matter would long be settled." This is entirely untrue. Thousands of boys born in the US each year greet the world by having part of their penis amputated. A baby boy strapped down, with his genitals crushed and cut by a surgeon bleeds just as red as the little girl held by relatives and cut by the local midwife.

Please remove that sexist quote and speak out against the genital cutting of all helpless, unconsenting children and babies. Even if you can't make male circumcision your fight, at least don't belittle our efforts to end such barbarism.

Thank you!
Renee
I'm sad to say she did not remove the sexist quote that greets visitors when they first log onto the site.

I don't know if my comment was published. It probably was. The guestbook at that site is insane. I don't have time to read 4-5 comments per page, waiting for each page to load.

Reneé, 33 year old mom to Antonin 8/04 nocirc.gif and Arianna 9/06 gd.gif angel1.gifangel1.gif (6 weeks) 5/08. Married to Matt since 6/03 blowkiss.gif.  TTC a little rainbow rainbow1284.gifchartnew.gif http://www.FertilityFriend.com/home/4e4ac9 Currently in the 2WW 
#32 of 33 Old 11-09-2007, 06:13 PM

I would have been really surprised if she had reacted. She's got her head very deep in the sand as far as MGM is concerned. :

But at least the two intactivist comments are still in the guestbook. There's one from 28.10.2007, 20:40 and one from 27.10.2007, 00:03 (both currently on page 3).

Stardust
#33 of 33 Old 11-09-2007, 06:43 PM - Thread Starter
tlh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardust27 View Post
I would have been really surprised if she had reacted. She's got her head very deep in the sand as far as MGM is concerned. :

But at least the two intactivist comments are still in the guestbook. There's one from 28.10.2007, 20:40 and one from 27.10.2007, 00:03 (both currently on page 3).

Stardust
it's hard for me to believe that someone so against FGM and a victim of it wouldn't have ever heard of MGM.that statement is very harmful and i hope she reads the guestbook and pulls her head out of the sand.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page