Uncircumcised adults - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 54 Old 11-07-2007, 03:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacythemom View Post
All the research I've done convinces me to not circ my boys but my husband was and thinks that's just the way it's done so his boys will be too. I was wondering if anyone knows any uncircumcised men (who you oviously are close enough to to discuss such matters) who ever wish they had been cut and why or if they ever had infections. The only examples I know of are young men who got circ'd later in life with the youngest at 10 (b/c he kept getting infections) the oldest at 16 but don't know them personally. If someone could help me out in covincing my husband that if we do no cut our boys it's not something we'll reget later.
We are told that intact penises get infections and "have" to be circumcised. rarely is that the case....

I have a friend who isn't circed he's from france where they dont do it... i asked him about it and he had had zero problems and said he would never ever want to be circed.

~*Have more than you show, speak less than you know*~

#32 of 54 Old 11-07-2007, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacythemom View Post
All the research I've done convinces me to not circ my boys but my husband was and thinks that's just the way it's done so his boys will be too. I was wondering if anyone knows any uncircumcised men (who you oviously are close enough to to discuss such matters) who ever wish they had been cut and why or if they ever had infections. The only examples I know of are young men who got circ'd later in life with the youngest at 10 (b/c he kept getting infections) the oldest at 16 but don't know them personally. If someone could help me out in covincing my husband that if we do no cut our boys it's not something we'll reget later.
While this data gathering may help, it isn't necessary to make the case against RIC. Here are some talking points to use:

Physicians have legal and ethical duties to their child-patient to render competent necessary care based on what the patient needs, not what someone else, including a parent, expresses.

Doctors are not required to do a procedure because someone or someone's parent asks for it to be done, regardless of the reason for it to be done, whether it be religious, "aesthetical", or any other rational. There is a well recognized principle that Doctors are not required to do procedures that would create an ethical dilemma for them or violate their conscience.

The child has a legal right to bodily integrity. Upon reaching adulthood, the child may have a right to sue to recover damages for injuries or unnecessary surgery sustained in childhood.

The parent must ethically and legally make decisions for the child based solely on the best interests of the child.

Circumcision amputates approximately 50 percent of the heavily innervated skin and mucosa of the penis, tissue that is a specific erogenous zone. Excision of the foreskin renders the remaining skin taut and immovable, eliminates its protective, sensory, and sexual functions, and destroys the gliding action of the foreskin, changing the natural mechanics of
normal human reproduction.

Circumcision puts the patient at risk of surgical mishap, adhesions, meatitis, meatal ulceration, infections, bleeding, and even death.

Circumcision is an extremely painful procedure with long-lasting post-operative pain.

Circumcision creates an abnormal physical appearance with a disfiguring scar encircling the shaft of the penis and the glans penis permanently exposed to drying, abrasion, and mechanical injury.

There is absolutely no reason why circumcision can not be done later, when the child is old enough to make a legally informed decision. Potentially this causes less harm to sexual function and appearance, based upon typical growth patterns and the Doctor's ability to predict outcomes before sexual maturity.

Regards
#33 of 54 Old 11-07-2007, 10:23 PM
Banned

My husband is intact (and adorable, if I do say so myself) and he gave me a look like "WTF are you talking about?" when I asked if he's ever had a problem with his foreskin.
#34 of 54 Old 11-07-2007, 11:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
i talk about intact openly with people and all the intact men and boys i know have had no problems. i have even heard no one is taking my skin:
#35 of 54 Old 11-08-2007, 10:34 AM

DH isn't circ'd and neither are various family members. None have had 'issues' and none regret not being circ'd.
#36 of 54 Old 11-08-2007, 11:46 AM

All the intact men I know are quite happy with their foreskins and have never had any issues. My bf is intact, and he has never had a single problem. And he is VERY happy that his parents left his genitals alone!
#37 of 54 Old 11-08-2007, 12:03 PM

I discussed the circ/non circ issue with two of my previous lovers that were intact (obviously adult) males. Neither one of them had had any problems, and both were very happy to be intact.
#38 of 54 Old 11-08-2007, 01:49 PM

Nope. I know a lot of intact men and they would NEVER dream of being cut. Most of them whom I have talked to about it, mainly when I was pregnant, said they don't understand why anyone would do that to a child.

I have known one elderly man who was cut when in his 70's. But it was because he lived in a nursing home and the CNA's who were usually on his hall and who were suppose to give him a shower once a week were lazy. He sometimes went over a month without a shower. Now that is common sense. No shower in one month? Obviously you will eventually down the road get an infection. Women would have problems as well if they didn't shower for a month.

I would also like to point out, especially in the 10 year old's case. A lot of parents either neglect their children (cleanliness wise) or they pull the foreskin back before it should be retracted. These both lead to infections, I've seen the latter happen OFTEN and of course the parents blame it on the foreskin when in reality, it was their own faults for either not caring or not educating themselves. Very rarely do infections happen that could not have been prevented.
#39 of 54 Old 11-08-2007, 08:15 PM

The majority of men in my family are intact and I've never heard of any problems.

As for the needing to be circumcised later thing it is usually either due to impropercare or b/c the Dr convinces the parent something is wrong when it isn't. This article will help shed some light on that.

Timmy's Mommy WARNINGyslexic typing with help of preschooler, beware of typos
#40 of 54 Old 11-08-2007, 08:51 PM

I have met one 24 year old who is intact and many older men. The younger man grew up in GA and had a hard time with his intact status at school, in fact was very angry at his parents for leaving him intact (as well as being vegetarian, not fitting in , etc). Until he grew up. Now he lives in CA and is very happy to have his whole penis! The older men (one is my father, 82, and one is a friend, 50) wouldn't give up their foreskins for anything! Even the 50 year old, who admits that he and his brother were the only intact boys in the locker room, has always been very proud of his intact status, in fact saying that girls were fascinated ("lining up" is how he so delicately and modestly phrased it!) and other boys were jealous...
#41 of 54 Old 11-08-2007, 08:57 PM

Add my DH to the pile of happy intact dad of a happy intact baby.
#42 of 54 Old 11-08-2007, 10:57 PM

My husband, his brother, his dad and both of my boys are all intact! None have ever had any problem. My husbands dad is in his mid 80's! Dh's brother is 50, dh is 40ish... All totally healthy and very happy with their intact selves... well I can't speak for my bil as we don't personally talk about it... but I know dh, ds's, and dfil are all satisfied with their intactness.
#43 of 54 Old 11-09-2007, 12:24 AM

I have never known an intact man who wished he wasn't. I have an ex who's foreskin is not completely retractable. I asked him once if he felt like he was missing out and he said no. He still didn't feel like circumcision was worth it. What's even more ironic is he is (non-practicing obviously) Jewish and spent his early childhood in Israel. He was born in the Ukraine though and they apparently didn't do it in the hospital and for whatever reason his mother never took him to be brised.

I hope your dh is able to see the light!

"Tis the gift to be simple, 'tis the gift to be free, 'tis the gift to come down where you ought to be."
#44 of 54 Old 11-09-2007, 01:00 AM

Not that you probably needed any more convincing...but DH is intact and we both love it. No regrets, no infections.

I haven't read through the whole thread but has anyone ever known anyone who WANTED to get circed later in life? I've only heard of the opposite- those regretting or experiencing problems because they were.

Happily married to DH for 6 years, in process to foster-adopt 3 children DD4, DS3 and DS2. We may be bringing half brother age 9 one day as well! We are not infertile, we just have decided that since there are precious children who need homes there is no need for us to have biological children.

#45 of 54 Old 11-09-2007, 01:10 AM

my brother is intact
my 2 uncles are intact
my DS is intact

no problems, no redness, no infections, nada
NONE of them wish they were circ'd.
#46 of 54 Old 11-09-2007, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire and Boys View Post
(I have to say, the word "uncircumcised" gets me. You don't say someone with a complete brain is "unlobotomised" do you )

laoxinat
#47 of 54 Old 11-09-2007, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire and Boys View Post
I have to say, the word "uncircumcised" gets me. You don't say someone with a complete brain is "unlobotomised" do you

If you're UNlobotomised, you'll leave your child UNcircumcised
#48 of 54 Old 11-09-2007, 01:09 PM

Intact dh, 2 intact ds's, 1 intact brother, 1 intact nephew (his older bro is circ'd). The intact bother has no kids -- the intact nephew's dad is one of my circ'd brothers.

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

#49 of 54 Old 11-09-2007, 01:37 PM

Three intact BILs who are most happy and thank their Dad for sticking up for them (He was circ'd and mad as he11 about it). One of them calls his foreskin his "favourite toy" !! Plus six intact nephews, and no complaints from any of them that I know of.
#50 of 54 Old 11-09-2007, 02:39 PM

My brothers (ages 25 and 17), cousins (29, 23, 21), and nephews (8 and 3) are whole and have never had any problems. My brothers are especially proud of their natural states (goof-balls).

Emily, cooking allergen free, knitting, reading, gardening Mom to 1 beautiful girl, born in the water on July 1, 2006 Wife to 1 handsome man since September 10, 2005
#51 of 54 Old 11-09-2007, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstridS View Post
If you're UNlobotomised, you'll leave your child UNcircumcised
Oooo...

I like that. Can I use it?

Timmy's Mommy WARNINGyslexic typing with help of preschooler, beware of typos
#52 of 54 Old 11-09-2007, 02:55 PM
Banned

DH is intact and has never had any problems with it. My aunt's first husband was(and I'm assuming still is) the same.
#53 of 54 Old 11-09-2007, 05:50 PM

My brother (32) my Father (57) my grandfather(lived to 92-death not forskin related) my uncle (67) all my cousins (ranging in age from 14-35) and about half of my former boyfriends are intact. None of them has ever had an infection that could not be cleared up easily with antibiotics (just like an infection in female genitalia) and not one of them would willingly part with his forskin.

Let there be beauty and strength, power and compassion, honor and humility, mirth and reverence within you.)0(
#54 of 54 Old 11-10-2007, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eepster View Post
Oooo...

I like that. Can I use it?
Sure. Feel free to use it any way you like...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page