Could I share with you something that I wrote? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-07-2003, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am against circ but have never really talked much about that or been on this particular board before. Well I am another board for the month that I am due (march). Well one of the moms asked about circs--and of course nearly everyone says "of course I will circ!" So I point out the research and so forth and people get so irritated and say "its every parents choice and either one is right..blah blah blah." Well one of the moms posted something and it gave me an idea to do a satire on what she wrote. I then expanded on it. I thougth it was kind of funny (toot my own horn here..) so I wanted to share it with people who might share my sense of humor!

here it is --

The top part is the quote from the other mom-----

>Still I can't think of
> a single young boy I know who would take proper care
> to keep the area clean, they'd rather be out playing
> than in the tub washing. I won't risk the infection
> or set myself up for a few years of nagging a son
> about cleaning his willie!

I think I will have all my DS's teeth pulled.

I can't think of a single young boy I know who would take proper care of their teeth, they'd rather be out playing then in the bathroom brushing. I won't risk cavities or set myself up for a few years of nagging a son about cleaning his teeth!

I will make sure that they use anesthetic so that he can't feel a thing. And I know he won't remember it because he is so young. His grandpa, uncle and cousin don't have any teeth and I will feel bad if he doesn't look like them. If you don't have their teeth pulled they are at risk for cavities, gingivitis and tooth pain. I don't want DS to ever get any cavities so if they pull of his teeth now I won't have to worry about it.

My sister in law didn't have her child's teeth pulled and he ended up getting an abcess tooth and had to have it pulled when he was 10!! It was horrible and he will always remember the trauma. If she would have had his teeth pulled when he was young he never would have had to go through that!

I don't want to have to go to all the trouble of caring for teeth anyway. Do you know that TWICE a day you have to clean them? Who wants to do that? I will have to fight with him to get him to clean his teeth. It would be so much easier if we didn't have to worry about that.

And besides--I think teeth are SO ugly! Who wants to look at that all the time!

(Tounge planted firmly in cheek!!)

Hope you guys enjoy this--
#2 of 7 Old 08-07-2003, 07:14 PM

I LOVE it! Such a great analogy.

You know, some aren't retractable until puberty, and at that time you may have a tough time getting them to *stop* cleaning it.

Good come back, and you didn't attack anyone.

Dawn
#3 of 7 Old 08-07-2003, 08:36 PM

Brilliant!
Don't forget about sparing the poor dear the discomfort and social stigma of braces. Just imagine what the kids in the cafeteria might say to him if they notice he has braces.
Oh, I really like it!
#4 of 7 Old 08-07-2003, 09:33 PM

Momma to three fine children, one that lives in my heart and two that live in my arms.
Circumcision is wrong, regardless of gender
#5 of 7 Old 08-07-2003, 11:10 PM

I must have missed something... infants have teeth?

lol! Good one- sorry that they are going to have their sexist heads buried in the sand to hear what you are saying.

To make comments about boys not wanting or possesing the ability to wash is sexist to the Nth degree... you should suggest that a mom harboring such ignorant attitudes toward the gender of her own child needs to get some sensitivity training... perhaps read "The war against boys." (a book which totally forgot the first war injury to boys)

Love Sarah
#6 of 7 Old 08-08-2003, 12:07 AM

I always wonder what these mothers that are too lazy to clean their sons are like in real life. I just can't imagine wanting a child and being willing to go through all of the work that entails and then being so lazy that they would cut part of their child off so they won't have that extra work.

I recently had the "pleasure" of visiting the home of a couple I had recently met. I only got as far as the kitchen but it was a mess. The sink was full of dishes and the counters were piled high. The table was so full, they must have had all of their meals in front of the TV. The floor was very dirty and everything else was a mess. It would have taken me a month to let things get that bad. I can just imagine this mother would have circumcised her sons if she had any so it would be easier. What a lazy pig!

However, the joke is on these mothers since the circumcised penis requires much more work for the lazy mother than the intact penis.

Frank
#7 of 7 Old 08-08-2003, 01:54 AM

I would be if it weren't so sad....very well written! Are you going to post it?

Why is it that people think the intact penis is this horribly dirty thing? I just don't get it.

Come visit the NEW QuirkyBaby website -- earn QB Bucks rewards points for purchases, reviews, referrals, and more! Free US shipping on great brands of baby slings and carriers and FREE BabyLegs or babywearing mirror on orders of $100+. Take the QB Quiz for personalized advice!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page