Say a little prayer for my nephew tonight- my sister's gonna circ him tomorrow. - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 48 Old 12-30-2007, 01:14 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrestorm View Post
You can always use the last resort card that I played with my brother...I told him that I would be sure to let his son know as soon as he was old enough that mommy and daddy knew how wrong it was to cut off part of his penis but they thought it would be cuter if they did. I also promised to be there to help him sue them as soon as he could.
VERY good advice, IMO.

Your sister mentioned that he wouldn't know what he's missing, so tell her that you will MAKE SURE that he DOES know EXACTLY what he is missing...
#32 of 48 Old 12-30-2007, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perspective View Post
I know this is off topic, but I was just wondering, what did your brother say, when you said all that to him? Did he still have the circ done?

Yeah...he still did it with both of his boys..I no longer spea to him...but I will be in touch with the boys.

Victim of Birth Rape & Coerced ribboncesarean.gifUnnecesareanribboncesarean.gif What makes people think they can cut up someone else's genitals? nocirc.gif
#33 of 48 Old 12-30-2007, 08:39 PM

Is his "micropenis" being caused by a fat pad? If so, then it's actually likely to get seemingly worse rather than better because the baby will chunk up (is she breastfeeding?). Then when he starts getting mobile (serious crawling or walking) he'll likely start to slim down. That's probably when he'll seem to "grow".

A friend of mine here has a boy that used to have the smallest penis I'd ever seen...really it was just a nub! (she's anti-circ anyway, but we joked that it's a good thing she is because if she had circ'd there wouldn't have been anything left!) He just turned a year and he's starting to "come out" more now.

One good thing about not circing now is that she'll come to realize that there's nothing "wrong" with an intact penis. That it's easy to clean. That it still works fine. And she'll get used to seeing it this way. AND, (and I mean no offense by this at all...I only mention it because you said that she and BF haven't been together long) maybe the relationship will end and without BF's insistence she'll change her mind???

Regardless, I'm SO happy that he will remain intact, at least for now!

Mommy to BigBoy Ian (3-17-05) ; LittleBoy Connor (3-3-07) (DiGeorge/VCFS):; BabyBoy Gavin (10-3-09) x3 AngelBaby (1-7-06)
#34 of 48 Old 12-30-2007, 08:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2boyzmama View Post
Is his "micropenis" being caused by a fat pad? If so, then it's actually likely to get seemingly worse rather than better because the baby will chunk up (is she breastfeeding?). Then when he starts getting mobile (serious crawling or walking) he'll likely start to slim down. That's probably when he'll seem to "grow".

A friend of mine here has a boy that used to have the smallest penis I'd ever seen...really it was just a nub! (she's anti-circ anyway, but we joked that it's a good thing she is because if she had circ'd there wouldn't have been anything left!) He just turned a year and he's starting to "come out" more now.

One good thing about not circing now is that she'll come to realize that there's nothing "wrong" with an intact penis. That it's easy to clean. That it still works fine. And she'll get used to seeing it this way. AND, (and I mean no offense by this at all...I only mention it because you said that she and BF haven't been together long) maybe the relationship will end and without BF's insistence she'll change her mind???

Regardless, I'm SO happy that he will remain intact, at least for now!
Yes, she's trying to breastfeed. And I don't know any nicer way to put it- her boyfriend really does seem like a nice guy, circ issues aside, but my sister has a habit of... not staying with one guy very long. My niece is 7. This is her fourth "Daddy"- biological Father and then three boyfriends, so there's the underlying, "so when does the next guy show up" thoughts on everyone's minds.

I pray for the day Family Court recognizes that CHILDREN have rights, parents only have PRIVILEGES.  Only then, will I know my child is safe.
#35 of 48 Old 12-30-2007, 09:56 PM

Okay, I had to giggle--what an answer to prayer, your little nephew unable to be circed 'cause he's too small! That's adorable.

I'm thrilled that you've been bought some more time. I really, really hope things change between now and whenever she's planning to get it done. The possibility of a few more months, for her to get used to the way he looks, and for you to bring the issue up again (if you think it's wise)... that's fantastic.

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#36 of 48 Old 01-01-2008, 02:18 AM

that is so wonderful YEAH FOR SMALL PENI!!!! I hope that she can bond with him as a whole and the fact that her ped is anti circ, lets hope he has a fighting chance.

Living DAIRY AND GLUTEN FREE for my SPD and Aspergers Little Man.
#37 of 48 Old 01-01-2008, 02:19 PM
PJJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrestorm View Post
You can always use the last resort card that I played with my brother...I told him that I would be sure to let his son know as soon as he was old enough that mommy and daddy knew how wrong it was to cut off part of his penis but they thought it would be cuter if they did. I also promised to be there to help him sue them as soon as he could.
Oh my goodness...what a great card to play with your brother.
I wish I could have with mine. His son was premature and we thought he would not do it. Oh, but he and his wife did without telling me or my mom (she is now pro-intact).

Thanks for the great post!
#38 of 48 Old 01-01-2008, 10:09 PM

Wow, that's great for your nephew! I wish mine had been as lucky yesterday

Mama to my little social butterfly 6/13/09

#39 of 48 Old 01-01-2008, 10:22 PM

Yea its good to hear he wont be circ'd.
#40 of 48 Old 01-02-2008, 01:29 AM

Reading this thread, a couple things disturbed me.

1) As said, when he grows out of the "baby fat", will she want to circumcise him then? Educate her now, so she'll see that everything is normal. OTOH, the more time she has to bond with an intact son, then hopefully that'll change her mind.

I wouldn't hedge my bets though. The only thing saving him is the baby fat. OTOH, if his penis gets big enough to circumcise, then maybe the mom believes in the "he'll remember it later" excuse and use that as a reason not to do it.

2) What if she has other sons? Will she want to circumcise them? And then this son will have an older brother. Will she want them both circumcised "so they'll look alike" ??
#41 of 48 Old 01-02-2008, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugmenot View Post

1) As said, when he grows out of the "baby fat", will she want to circumcise him then? Educate her now, so she'll see that everything is normal. OTOH, the more time she has to bond with an intact son, then hopefully that'll change her mind.

I wouldn't hedge my bets though. The only thing saving him is the baby fat. OTOH, if his penis gets big enough to circumcise, then maybe the mom believes in the "he'll remember it later" excuse and use that as a reason not to do it.

2) What if she has other sons? Will she want to circumcise them? And then this son will have an older brother. Will she want them both circumcised "so they'll look alike" ??
It's hardly the optimum, but far better than the norm.
#42 of 48 Old 01-02-2008, 03:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugmenot View Post

Both thoughts have been in the back of my mind. I have been educating her- so much that, while she was still pregnant, she threatened to cut me off from my niece and my nephew if I kept pushing it. So I need to be slow and tactful for now, but if I'm too slow and tactful, I may not get to her in time. As for any other sons of hers, I don't know for sure, of course, but I'm pretty sure that she will either end up with them all circed or all intact, if she goes on to have any more sons. If she leaves him intact, then it will almost be a non-issue if she ever has another son. If she ends up circing him, especially if there are no complications, it will be a lost cause to convince her not to circ any future sons (not that I wouldn't try to talk her out of it!). She's more likely to want sons that look alike instead of sons and Father's who look alike, know what I mean? It's all been weighing heavily on my mind.

I pray for the day Family Court recognizes that CHILDREN have rights, parents only have PRIVILEGES.  Only then, will I know my child is safe.
#43 of 48 Old 01-20-2008, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter

I finally met my nephew yesterday (3 weeks, 1 day old) and I peeked while she was changing his daiper. Still no circ and I noticed that, even though it was a really messy diaper, she also did not retract him. I have a feeling she's not gonna circ him. She seemed completely happy and comfortable with his body the way it was and the fact that she did not retract tells me that the pediatrician has talked to her all about circing. Still a slight chance of him getting circed, but I have a feeling he's gonna stay intact.

By the way, check out my signature- click on Doodlebug. I finally got a picture of Alex.

#44 of 48 Old 01-20-2008, 02:43 PM

Phew! Lets hope she will just forget about it and be consumed with caring for her new and perfect little guy!

homeschool.gif mama to DS6modifiedartist.gif and DD1fly-by-nursing1.gif
#45 of 48 Old 01-20-2008, 06:02 PM

Has it occured to her that removing something from something makes it smaller.

Why don't we call this penis reduction surgery? It would be accurate.

I've heard several restored men state they they gained an inch or so in length and some in width due to no longer having tight shaft skin restricting their erections.

Something to think about!

"To err is human, to forgive, canine." - Unknown
#46 of 48 Old 01-22-2008, 02:20 PM

I hope he'll stay intact.
good luck.
#47 of 48 Old 01-22-2008, 04:33 PM

I'm glad he is still intact and hope he stays that way!
The picture you linked is just adorable
#48 of 48 Old 01-22-2008, 04:56 PM

I'm glad the little guy is still whole he's adorable, btw!!
I pray that mama realizes that she loves EVERY bit of him and he stays that way. :

Wife and mother to 2 kiddos - 17 yr old DS jammin.gifand 13 yr old DD energy.gif.. and a cat that thinks he's a dog dizzy.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page