How do I bring this up? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 09-04-2003, 05:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My sister is pg with a little boy. Before she was pg she accused me of being pushing and forcing my beliefs on her and she just KNEW that if she ever got pg, I would never leave her alone. Her older son is circ'd and she is planning on circ'ing this baby because he needs to look like his older brother. Her dh plans on being there for the procedure but has never seen one before so I sent them two videos of circs. Now my sister says she doesn't want to do it but her dh still does so they are. She isn't enough against it to stand up to her dh. I really want to talk to her about this but I know I will just be accused of being pushy. The thought of her baby being cut up like this just makes me want to cry. So any ideas on how to bring this up? Books or articles and web links will be viewed as pushy.

On a positive note, we were discussing this recently at a family birthday party and I found out that none of my male cousins are circ'd!!
Kat
#2 of 6 Old 09-04-2003, 05:37 PM

Are ther videos online? I am getting alot of good info on the thread I posted yesterday Help Husband insists on vax and circ

Mommy to Ryah 12, Reanna 11, Parker 6 and Cooper 3 months
#3 of 6 Old 09-04-2003, 10:51 PM
Banned

Personally, I risk being called pushy.

Here's a good site:

http://www.circumstitions.com/Itsaboy.html
#4 of 6 Old 09-05-2003, 05:17 AM

It sounds like you have eliminated all possible avenues as being pushy other than parading your three boys through the room in front of them naked. I think it is time to be pushy. While they may not like it, it will be forgotten soon. Remember, there is the possibility you will save a child's life by being pushy. If nothing else, you are standing up for his rights when no one else will. You may want to enlist some help from your intact cousins.

Frank
#5 of 6 Old 09-05-2003, 07:39 AM

" Her dh plans on being there for the procedure but has never seen one before so I sent them two videos of circs. Now my sister says she doesn't want to do it but her dh still does so they are. She isn't enough against it to stand up to her dh. "

I gotta say that if they've watched the videos and her partner still wants his baby circumcised, and she is still unable to refuse, it's a done deal. They're unreachable!
#6 of 6 Old 09-06-2003, 03:18 PM

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page