foreskin lengths - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 04-06-2008, 03:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm sorry if this is a stupid question but I am not a penis expert. My 2 year old son is intact and has (what seems to me) to be a very long foreskin. Do foreskins vary in length and do they get shorter with maturity? My DH is circ'd so he has no clue.
#2 of 9 Old 04-06-2008, 03:30 AM

Foreskin length is like anything else on the human body, everyone is different. It may or may not appear shorter as he grows it is impossible to say. But whatever it does it will be perfect for his body

to the board

The only way to learn is to ask

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#3 of 9 Old 04-06-2008, 04:17 AM

what she said!

as well as penis length and width, the foreskin is different in all guys. (from a mama with 2 intact little guys)

hth!
#4 of 9 Old 04-06-2008, 09:14 AM

There is lots of variation, even within families. My oldest has a very short tight foreskin, my middle son's is long and retractile, my youngest's is loose but somewhere between the other two in length.
My husband has no clue either because he is also circ'd. :

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#5 of 9 Old 04-06-2008, 10:55 AM

Good answers so far. The only thing I can add is that both my sons, when they were younger than 15 years of age, had significant overhang, so their foreskins looked quite long. Now that they are teenagers, they like their privacy, so I do not know if that has changed.

There are many resources on the internet to view adult penises, and if you do you will find a lot of variation, both flaccid and erect.

Regards
#6 of 9 Old 04-06-2008, 01:01 PM

Here is a series of pictures showing the range of foreskin coverage. C1-C4 show circumcised men in various stages of foreskin restoration, C5-C10 show various ranges of intact foreskin length, from short foreskin to very long foreskin.

Warning: photos of adult penises, in flaccid and erect state.
http://www.newforeskin.biz/CI/CIchart.htm

Gillian
#7 of 9 Old 04-06-2008, 02:07 PM

Foreskin lengths do vary. In children, there is often a significant amount extending beyond the tip of the penis in a nipple like appearance. When these children mature, most of them will have a foreskin that barely go past the tip when flaccid.

That said, there are also some that have just barely enough to cover the glans as children. In one area of Korea, there seems to be an inherited factor with most of the men in that area having a partially exposed glans all the time. Obviously, there is a wide range of normal.

Frank
#8 of 9 Old 04-06-2008, 03:34 PM

My eldest is 10 1/2 and has always had a foreskin that "just" covers the end of his glans (no overhang to speak of). My youngest is 6 1/2 and has a longer, pointier overhang that closes up on the end. (His brother's always seemd to be open often.) Their twin cousins' have overhangs that are very pointy with small openings but not very longl they have been fully retractable since age 3 or so, while my youngest is about half way and my eldest is still about 90% - since he was still in diapers!

I could go on with examples but the point is that even within family members, there is a big variety- all shapes and sizes. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklehead View Post
I'm sorry if this is a stupid question but I am not a penis expert. My 2 year old son is intact and has (what seems to me) to be a very long foreskin. Do foreskins vary in length and do they get shorter with maturity? My DH is circ'd so he has no clue.
#9 of 9 Old 04-06-2008, 05:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My son had significant overhang as an infant but now he's "grown" into it and it just barely covers the glans.

Mom &  RN   intactivist.gif
Pardon the typos - CWOK (cat walking on keyboard)   signcirc1.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page