Restoration? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 73 Old 07-14-2005, 05:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been thinking for a while about how to broach the subject with DH. I'm going to get "The Joy of Uncircumcising" and leave it laying around. I've discovered that DH likes to read the books I'm reading when he's alone & bored.

As for the women in men's lives who don't want them to restore, thinking it's rediculous, gross, ect. I'd love to know what they'd say if some man said to them (upon seeing them naked for the first time) that some part of their body was "gross", and they'd better fix it before they'd even go near them. (A boob job, tummy tuck, face lift... "Oh, god, what's wrong with your labia?!")

Know what I'd say to him?

"Buddy, if you can't handle a real woman's body, mabye you'd better get yourself a nice, pretty blow-up doll. Believe me, you'll farther with it than you will with me." *slam* :LOL
#62 of 73 Old 07-14-2005, 08:31 AM

What would I say to him? "Get out of my bed, you turkey!" :LOL

Anyway, back on topic: I think leaving a copy of the Joy of Uncircumcising is a great idea, Bravofrenchie!
One thing I did was go to www.norm.org and show my dh the website. Unfortunately, he didn't seem too interested. Maybe you'll have better luck.
#63 of 73 Old 07-14-2005, 09:37 AM

I don't see the difference between a woman trying to get her husband to change his penis and a man telling a woman to get a tummy tuck before he'll go to bed wit her.
#64 of 73 Old 07-15-2005, 06:02 AM

The price for "The Joy of Uncircumcising" is $25 for a printed copy mailed to you from NORM.
http://www.norm.org/joy.html
Quote:
If you wish to pay by check or money order you may send a check for:

$10 - for the online, downloadable version, please include your e-mail address
$14 - for the eBook on a CD mailed to you (please include your mailing address)
$25 - Printed softcover copy of the book, shipped first class, (please include your mailing address)

to:

The National Organization of Restoring Men
3205 Northwood Drive, Suite 209
Concord, CA 94520-4506
#65 of 73 Old 07-15-2005, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minky
I don't see the difference between a woman trying to get her husband to change his penis and a man telling a woman to get a tummy tuck before he'll go to bed wit her.
Hear hear!

Mama to my spirited J, and L, my homebirth: baby especially DTaP, MMR (family vax injuries)
#66 of 73 Old 07-15-2005, 08:37 AM

Minkey and eriicswifey27: I was merely surfing the net and found the website www.norm.org. and said, "Hey, honey look at this! Isn't this interesting?" I never said that I don't love him as he is or refuse to make love to him. We've been married for 19 years, after all. : I just wish to enhance an already good sex life.
I don't think any of us on this board refuse to have sex with our husbands just because they're circ'ed. Before you start condemning us, why don't you research the topic a bit more so you know what we're talking about and why we are interested in the subject.
#67 of 73 Old 07-15-2005, 09:51 AM

I would suspect that a closer comparison would be a husband suggesting to his wife who has a thick fibrous hymen remnant start stretching exercises to facilitate intercourse and her general comfort.
Is sex fine without the stretching? Yes.
Is there anything wrong with her the way she is? No.
Is it purely selfish of him to suggest, especially when she may not be aware of the option? I don’t think so.
Will she be resistant, and possibly hurt from the suggestion? Maybe.
Will they both be better off after the stretching? Probably.

I suspect that you may not note the difference seen by some of the people here. A tummy tuck, nose job or boob job is purely cosmetic. Suggesting something where function can be improved at little cost is not.
#68 of 73 Old 07-15-2005, 11:16 AM

Ok, I'm sorry. I think I personalized it needlessly. I can see my husband going out the door if I suggested something was wrong with his stuff. Sorry.
#69 of 73 Old 07-15-2005, 01:21 PM

From what I saw, people were remarking on the nastyness of someone saying their husband wasn't good enough intact and needed a circumcision, then comparing it to him requesting a tummy tuck or something similar, then hypothetically telling him off for making such a request.
#70 of 73 Old 07-19-2005, 06:13 PM

Njeb, I am a bit offended by what you said, because you are putting words in my mouth, and assuming that I have no knowledge of restoration, which is pretty presumptory:

"I don't think any of us on this board refuse to have sex with our husbands just because they're circ'ed. Before you start condemning us, why don't you research the topic a bit more so you know what we're talking about and why we are interested in the subject."

BTW, I never ever said you wouldn't have sex with your husband because he is circ'ed, yikes. I don't think Minkey meant that literally either, but I can't speak for her. In any case, my "hear hear" was for the idea that telling a man to change his anatomy may be damaging to his self esteem. I was agreeing to that. I am not sure I would compare it to a tummy tuck though, it is more equivalent to breast enhancement or reduction.

And I also myself quite informed on the subject of restoration as I read many articles on restoration when making the decision to leave my son intact. But getting back to the subject at hand, I just stated what I thought, considering how my husband would have reacted. To explain further, my opinion is that when an adult has already had a circ, that circumcision is part of his body that he identifies with. It is part of his sexuality, and many, if not most men would be deeply offended if you suggested that he change part of his penis. I know this because I went through a similar conversation when I explained to DH why our son should be left intact- my DH got offended and hurt, asking if there was anything wrong with him- and that was when I was talking about no circumcision for my son, not DH, and yet he was really offended. Likewise, I suspect most women would be deeply hurt by their man saying they needed to "change" their breasts, anatomy that we identify with as part of our sexuality- and Minkey got that- she was drawing a parallel between the two situations, and I supported that with a "hear hear" . Again, I hardly suggested you didn't want to make love to your husband!

Just wanted to make sure if anyone tells her husband they are interested in this, some DHs may be deeply hurt by it. Just something to consider.

Mama to my spirited J, and L, my homebirth: baby especially DTaP, MMR (family vax injuries)
#71 of 73 Old 07-19-2005, 06:25 PM

oops

#72 of 73 Old 07-19-2005, 08:36 PM

Actually, Ericswifey27, I agree with you! I would never, never say to my dh, "I think your penis is deficient and you should get restored!" You are right; it WOULD damage his self-esteem. That's why I merely said "Honey, look at this," when I went to a foreskin restoration site. He looked at it, wasn't interested, and that's that. I'm not going to press the issue. It's his penis, his decision.

Sorry, I was feeling a bit snippy that day. I'd just woken up and was feeling groggy and read more into your and Minky's posts than I should have. I'm very glad you've researched the matter and left your ds intact.
#73 of 73 Old 07-22-2005, 06:07 AM

I apologize as well... I reread my post and could see why you thought that I was just getting my panties all in a bunch.

BTW , a very interesting thread, and I am sure we would agree it is a shame people think circumcision is the answer- not if they knew about all the trouble people were going thru as a result of one!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page