Intact penis in Sex and the City movie - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 06-01-2008, 03:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DH and I went to see the SATC movie tonight, and there's a voyeuristic scene where Samantha is watching her next-door neighbor in his outdoor shower, there's a second where there's male frontal nudity and he is *intact*. Good to see! They may have slightly redeemed themselves a bit for the pro-circ "Old Dogs, New D!cks" episode...

Anyone else see the film and notice this?
#2 of 17 Old 06-01-2008, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eben'sMama View Post
DH and I went to see the SATC movie tonight, and there's a voyeuristic scene where Samantha is watching her next-door neighbor in his outdoor shower, there's a second where there's male frontal nudity and he is *intact*. Good to see! They may have slightly redeemed themselves a bit for the pro-circ "Old Dogs, New D!cks" episode...

Its good to see they were better in the movie. I dont really watch the show, but I noticed they seemed to be surprisingly conservative and narrow minded in the show on a number of issues. One example was the episode where the main character dates a bi guy, yet none of them believe bi males exist and that he is "just talking a stop to gay town" (or something like that). And then to top it off, and make it even more offensive, in the end, they make him gay, as if to tell some moral about the "myths" of bisexuals.
#3 of 17 Old 06-01-2008, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eben'sMama View Post

I was wondering if he was or not. I couldn't tell. It was just too quick a shot. But he sounded like his native language wasn't English so it would make sense that he might be intact.

Partner to DH geek.gif and Former WOHM, now SAHM dizzy.gif to Sensory & ADHD DD (9), with DD (4) and DS (2)nocirc.gif winner.jpghomebirth.jpg

#4 of 17 Old 06-01-2008, 12:21 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
I hate that show and refuse to watch it b/c of their trashing foreskins.

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014
#5 of 17 Old 06-01-2008, 12:22 PM

I was going to post this! I went with 3 friends and the one I was sitting next to made a comment about the penis....I leaned over and said 'hey, that penis you liked so much was not circ'd.' (She has always said she would circ and has never been with an intact man) I hope it made an impression on her (and many others).

Rikki ~~ Married Aug 04 ~~ DD Feb 06 ~~ DS Oct 07 ~~ DD April 12

#6 of 17 Old 06-01-2008, 07:21 PM

I'll remember to be on the lookout for that scene. I'm having a girls night out tomorrow I wonder what SJP's views are on circ, didn't she help produce the movie?

Laura...part-time OB nurse, and full-time mom to two sweet boysnocirc.gifintactlact.gif
#7 of 17 Old 06-01-2008, 07:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaLauraRN View Post
I'll remember to be on the lookout for that scene. I'm having a girls night out tomorrow I wonder what SJP's views are on circ, didn't she help produce the movie?
I'm hoping that she's non-traditional in the circ sense, but she and Matthew Broderick are pretty outspoken about their cultural/religious background...that's all I'll say.
#8 of 17 Old 06-01-2008, 08:10 PM

I couldn't tell if the man was circ'd or not. Too quick.

But in the scene at the rehearsal dinner, Miranda is standing next to some art work of a naked man. He is intact.

I looooooooved that movie!!

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#9 of 17 Old 06-02-2008, 12:26 PM

I saw it yesterday and he was def. Intact :his name was Dante and he was quite the specimen of a real man. With that scene and the artwork, they somewhat redeemed themselves.

:CLC,Doula :Mama to 2
#10 of 17 Old 06-02-2008, 07:10 PM

Woohoo, I'm off to see it soon...well first some Mexican food and a margarita...poor DH is at a t-ball game with both boys

Laura...part-time OB nurse, and full-time mom to two sweet boysnocirc.gifintactlact.gif
#11 of 17 Old 06-02-2008, 07:17 PM

Dante is intact.
#12 of 17 Old 06-02-2008, 07:37 PM

I can't wait to see it! I'm glad they have redeemed themselves. That "Old Dogs, New Dicks" episode made me mad. I love the show, so I'm glad to hear this.
#13 of 17 Old 06-02-2008, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latinalonestar View Post
I can't wait to see it! I'm glad they have redeemed themselves. That "Old Dogs, New Dicks" episode made me mad. I love the show, so I'm glad to hear this.
What exactly happened in that episode that was so pro-circ?
#14 of 17 Old 06-02-2008, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perspective View Post
What exactly happened in that episode that was so pro-circ?
One of the women (Charlotte) went on a date with an intact man. She was freaked out by it. Later, they were all sitting around the coffee shop talking about how intact men looked liked shar peis (dogs with lots of wrinkles) and how they didn't like it. Miranda talked about how she would never want any son of hers being compared to a shar pei. Charlotte talked about how she din't like that the penis came with its own 'carrying case' (or something similar). Carrie talked about how she liked it "all out where she could see it." Although one of the other women (Samantha) said that she liked intact men, liked having sex with intact men because they were better lovers (they tried harder). Anyway, the guy that Charlotte dated went on to get circ'd and fell in love with his new penis and they ended it.

Sorry so long! Hope I remembered everything.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#15 of 17 Old 06-02-2008, 09:38 PM

Gilles Marini
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1694302/

actor:
1.) Sex and the City (2008) .... Dante

In 'Harold & Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay', there's a close-up shot of a circumcised penis. But the actor is Middle Eastern.
#16 of 17 Old 06-02-2008, 10:53 PM

Ah, I wish I had known this a few nigths ago, my mom had just seen it... would have made for interesting conversation.
Although, her best friend did leave her sons intact (her sons are mid 20's), so I guess I could still bring it up.

Now you're making me want to see the movie.... althogh, honestly and sadly I ibet MOST people will miss the fact that he was intact.
After all most people think that an intact penis looks so different that viewing one would cause a scene. I bet a lot of people were thinking, hmmm, nice looking, but they don't even realize why.

I hope there's some buzz started by it.... plotting the places I can post that..... hmmm.
Jessica

Jessica..lady.gifintactlact.gif Falling in love all over again..... 
Dhprivateeyes.gif, Joshua rolleyes.gif Rebeccagrouphug.gifand dog2.gif.    candle.gif for Laura
#17 of 17 Old 06-03-2008, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nummies View Post
One of the women (Charlotte) went on a date with an intact man. She was freaked out by it. Later, they were all sitting around the coffee shop talking about how intact men looked liked shar peis (dogs with lots of wrinkles) and how they didn't like it. Miranda talked about how she would never want any son of hers being compared to a shar pei. Charlotte talked about how she din't like that the penis came with its own 'carrying case' (or something similar). Carrie talked about how she liked it "all out where she could see it." Although one of the other women (Samantha) said that she liked intact men, liked having sex with intact men because they were better lovers (they tried harder). Anyway, the guy that Charlotte dated went on to get circ'd and fell in love with his new penis and they ended it.

Sorry so long! Hope I remembered everything.
For a show about four smart women living in NYC, I am surprised that time and time again how narrow minded and conservative the messages in the show tend to be.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page