Have an intact boy? Never any problems (or minor fixable ones)? Post here! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 211 Old 06-30-2008, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, it has occurred to me that some may feel that when they come to intactivism boards, all they see are people posting about problems with their kid's foreskins looking for help, and this leads them to believe that the foreskin is problemic and motivates them to circ to save their little boys from the "pain and inevitable trauma" associated with having a foreskin.

I say, most of us who have intact boys who've never had their kid have any problems have no real reason to post this fact, so we kinda remain invisable.

I also invite people who've had problems with their kids foreskins that were easily treated to post to give encouragement that those problems do not have to lead to circing.

there was a thread about this some time back, but I went several pages back and couldn't find it, and I think it's pretty long anyhow. So I hope a new thread is ok.

So, I have 3 year old intact little boy. He's naked potty trained so spends alot of time naked and pulls and yanks on this thingy an awful lot. One day I think he yanked a bit too hard, and he told me it hurt. I put a bit of pain relieving antibiotic ointment on it and never had a problem with it since. He's never had a moments problem before or after. I've never had a real reason to post anything concerning him, so I've been one of those invisible "no problems" people who doesn't post here often.

What about you? Do you have a kiddo whose foreskin has never been a problem or may have had a small problem that was easily fixed without circing?
#2 of 211 Old 06-30-2008, 11:49 AM
A&A

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
6 years, no problems.

"Our task is not to see the future, but to enable it."
#3 of 211 Old 06-30-2008, 11:50 AM

I have a 1yr old ds who is intact with no problems . We had some slight swelling after he seemed to "discover" things down there, but after a baking soda bath, everthing was back to normal .

Meghan : Kayla~ 10/19/04 Jack~ 5/27/07
Evelyn~ 10/9/10

#4 of 211 Old 06-30-2008, 11:55 AM

No problems here.

Molly, mama to my 3 sweet boys.
: : hale:
#5 of 211 Old 06-30-2008, 12:03 PM

There's a thread...called "intact and no problems"...that's a BIG thread, maybe someone has time to find it and bump it.

No problems with the intact ones in my family (my son and dad). Honestly, it's kind of sad that we need to post this. If foreskins were really riddled with issues we wouldn't have survived as a species! But, people can't think logically and scientifically....they can only make assumptions resulting from pre-conceived notions taken from a culture socially invested in cutting off part of a baby boy's penis.

Perpetually breastfeeding or pregnant ENFP mom to a lot of kids...wife to a midwestern nice guy...living in tropical paradise...pink cats and homebirths rock!

#6 of 211 Old 06-30-2008, 12:09 PM

DS is 1yr and no problems at all. DH is 29 and he's never had any issues, nor has his brother who is 28.
#7 of 211 Old 06-30-2008, 12:21 PM

Intact 4-year-old, no problems. He's a preemie to boot, and throw in that pesky foreskin, and I'm just amazed he hasn't lost his entire urinary tract to infection

Bubba (9) bikenew.gifLukey (5) jog.gif  Fat Baby (2) babyf.gif  Me faint.gif

#8 of 211 Old 06-30-2008, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatchristy View Post
There's a thread...called "intact and no problems"...that's a BIG thread, maybe someone has time to find it and bump it.

No problems with the intact ones in my family (my son and dad). Honestly, it's kind of sad that we need to post this. If foreskins were really riddled with issues we wouldn't have survived as a species! But, people can't think logically and scientifically....they can only make assumptions resulting from pre-conceived notions taken from a culture socially invested in cutting off part of a baby boy's penis.

I was going to find it and bump it, but I couldn't, and I don't see the search function at the top of my page for some reason.

And I agree that it's sad; but if us coming out of the woodworks ever so often can save a few foreskins, then I'm willing. :
#9 of 211 Old 06-30-2008, 12:33 PM

No son yet, but my SO is going on 30 years, no problems.
#10 of 211 Old 06-30-2008, 12:38 PM

DH is 26, almost 27, never had ANY problems. DS 2 years 3 months, absolutely no problems.

Edited to add: all men on my side and on DH's side, intact and no problems that I know of. (Caribbean and Asian descent)

Sarah. Wife to Pearry, mama to Pearry II and Isabella Rose, born Breech at home and Benjamin, our January 1st bebe intactlact.gifhomebirth.jpg

#11 of 211 Old 06-30-2008, 12:46 PM

I have 3. 6 year old, 2 year old and 30 year old dh, never had any problems with any of them.
#12 of 211 Old 06-30-2008, 12:52 PM

8 year old with no problems here. He had one day not long ago where it was sore/red/inflamed and went away on its own the next day. Thats the extent of it.

Cari-mama to Eriq, Lile, Paikea, Kaidyn, and Mieke is here!! 2/9/10
#13 of 211 Old 06-30-2008, 01:26 PM

No real problems here (redness on two occasions was easily remedied)

~laura
and planning to eat it again
#14 of 211 Old 06-30-2008, 01:30 PM

I have an 8 year old intact boy who has never had any problems. Also my brother has been intact for 34 years without any problems, my father has had 58 problem free years with his forskin and to the best of my knowledge my grandfather never had any problems with his before his death at 86 and his death was in no way related to his forskin.

Let there be beauty and strength, power and compassion, honor and humility, mirth and reverence within you.)0(
#15 of 211 Old 06-30-2008, 01:37 PM

no problems here, ever. ds is 13 months. oh we did have 1 problem but that was w/ our ped who tried to retract him and then became indignant when dh and i proceeded to educate her.
#16 of 211 Old 06-30-2008, 01:40 PM

I have an almost 7 yr. old intact son with only minor swelling and soreness one time (did baking soda baths and was better in a day) and a 20 mth old intact son with no problems.

I do think since many of us have no where else to ask questions (and a lot of us aren't familiar with normal male genitals) there seems to be a lot of 'problem' posts here.

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
#17 of 211 Old 06-30-2008, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabysmom617 View Post
So, it has occurred to me that some may feel that when they come to intactivism boards, all they see are people posting about problems with their kid's foreskins looking for help, and this leads them to believe that the foreskin is problemic and motivates them to circ to save their little boys from the "pain and inevitable trauma" associated with having a foreskin.
This is true but of course if someone never has a problem they wouldn't be necessarily looking for help KWIM.
#18 of 211 Old 06-30-2008, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhispers View Post
This is true but of course if someone never has a problem they wouldn't be necessarily looking for help KWIM.
Of course, you're right! and if you read more of my OP, that's my reason for starting this thread.

And it's not something I pulled out of the thin air inside of my own brain, it's been said recently so I figured I'd dig up the other thread...and since I couldn't find it, I just started a new one! :

I thought it would have been a given that more people with intact kids with problems post here because they have no where to search for answers, and that the multitudes of us who've had no problems don't have much reason to post much at all, so it would look like there are lots of problems to be had with foreskins because of us with no problems not having a reason to post and being kinda invisible....apparently not everyone came to that conclusion.

So I say lets come out of the woodworks to say we've been problem free, and maybe some one new will look through here and we'll save a foreskin or two as a result! Spread the joy! :
#19 of 211 Old 06-30-2008, 02:32 PM

The penis club at our house-- Over 40, 19, and 14. Never one single solitary bad issue, ever. Not with the organ itself, not with anyone commenting, not with a HCP pulling back, not with anyone noticing in the 'locker' room.

Dank nada squat.
#20 of 211 Old 06-30-2008, 02:39 PM

1 year old here & absolutely no problems

Stephanie ~ Mama to Avery (7/07) & Iona (3/10)
#21 of 211 Old 06-30-2008, 02:45 PM

Intact dh here with no serious problems in almost 25 years. He had a bit of tightness a year or so ago, but stretching it every day in the shower cleared that up in just a week or two I've also given him a yeast infection a couple of times, but it was infinitely easier to treat him than it was to treat me and we just used the same cream so no big deal.

love and peace.

mama to two girls and due in November!
: Circumcision can never be undone :
#22 of 211 Old 06-30-2008, 03:17 PM

6 years and no problems!

heartbeat.gif Mama to 5 busy bees (12, 9, 6, 3, 2) & 3 angel1.gif
#23 of 211 Old 06-30-2008, 03:24 PM

Location: the beautiful mountains of sunny Southern California
7yo DS - no troubles, ever :
#24 of 211 Old 06-30-2008, 08:40 PM

I have a 16 month old and he's had no problems to speak of!
#25 of 211 Old 06-30-2008, 08:57 PM

I have a 2.5 year old with no problems.
#26 of 211 Old 06-30-2008, 09:10 PM

I have a 4 1/2 year old, and a 21 month old. Both intact, no problems whatsoever!
#27 of 211 Old 07-01-2008, 03:24 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My son is intact and has never had any issues.

Mom &  RN   intactivist.gif
Pardon the typos - CWOK (cat walking on keyboard)   signcirc1.gif

#28 of 211 Old 07-01-2008, 03:29 AM
Fi.

3 years, nothing that a little monistat didn't clear up (and since cut boys get yeast infections too, I don't consider them an "intact" problem at all)

Long distance Mom to boarding school superstars E (9) and Layne (6).
#29 of 211 Old 07-01-2008, 10:03 AM

1 year old & no problem.
#30 of 211 Old 07-01-2008, 12:40 PM

a five year old...no problems...was retracted by first pedi at 4 months of age and had a few drops of blood...learned he was fully retractable just after he turned 4

almost 16 mo old...no problems

my grandfather was intact...never any penis problems...died of CHF when he was 84...plenty of other issues though--knee surgeries, strokes, several hospitalizations

sadly, they are the only members in my family that were/are intact

circ'd nephew has buried penis

Laura...part-time OB nurse, and full-time mom to two sweet boysnocirc.gifintactlact.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page