Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Someone is selling pro-circ stuff online ... http://www.cafeshops.com/procircuk

YUCK!!

AnnMarie
#2 of 16 Old 11-06-2003, 12:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Did you see there is a link to leave feedback to the store owner??

I gave him a piece of my mind.
#3 of 16 Old 11-06-2003, 12:57 AM

Go to Help at the bottom, then on the rhs there is a link for emailing them. I've emailed already.

This is gross and disgusting, and I"m ashamed and amazed to see that it is a UK site. I was always proud that circumcision is generally viewed as abhorrent in the UK.
#4 of 16 Old 11-06-2003, 01:05 AM

I clicked the "feedback" link too and asked if there was any sort of mission statement. . .just simply said I didn't get it.

I wonder what the deal is? Is it supposed to be funny? I got the impression (not sure why) that it might be a homosexual thing?? It's just somebody's way of trying to make money--come up with any product-hook up with cafepress.com (or whatever it was) and sell something to dumb consumers. Not sure, of course, just a thought.

I'll be interested to hear responses to our emails, if any.

namaste.gif

#5 of 16 Old 11-06-2003, 04:54 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Who in the world would want to mail those postcards anywhere?

Circ is not the norm in Europe. So for them maybe the pro-circ thing is like saying they love freaks. It would be equal to an American being really into genitally mutilated women.
#6 of 16 Old 11-06-2003, 10:29 AM

Hmmn. . .
I've gotta look into getting some of those things produced!
How about:
"All children should be Whole Intact & Natural. Stop Circumcision"
(for one of those license plate frames)
or:
"Bigger IS Better! Stop Circumcision" for a sticker--maybe with a cartoon baby with a very mischievous grin?

I believe that there are circumcision fetishists (is that a word?), so maybe that's what those are for. Really not so creepy when you think how quite a few American have said that they actually like 'the look' of a circumcised penis!
As long as the participants are fully informed consenting adults, I don't have a problem with it.
#7 of 16 Old 11-06-2003, 11:14 AM

For a list of some of the stupidest slogans...EVER

http://cafeshops.com/thepenisstop/31671

I don't think these stores really sell much of this stuff, they print it after it's ordered, so there is not any investment in inventory or overhead, all it is someone all drunked up typing a bunch of dumb slogans in a list... and then sitting back and hoping that there is a circumcised Cherokee out there who is looking for a t shirt to advertise that fact to the whole bar...too wierd. (whatever)

And at the penisstop... it's like anything goes, they sell the pro-cutter stuff right along the the pro-foreskin stuff... it's almost as if they are hoping a fight might break out... (cause that might be fun)

I mean, No Force Kin... what the heck does that mean?

This stuff is obviously adult advertising and not political activism messages... I think the procirc uk club is probably the same fetishist junk. Don't be lulled into the belief that UK means automatically embracing GI... the Gilgal Society, one of the few places promoting male circ (a fetish base under the guise of a medical publisher) is based in the UK.

Love Sarah

PS- here is a link to some much better slogans if anyone wants to make up your own product.

http://www.noharmm.org/peopleswall.htm
#8 of 16 Old 11-06-2003, 12:32 PM

Sarah:

You are right about being made to order. They use a process called sublimation that uses a machine very similar to a copy machine and then take the output and heat transfer it to the surface. It's almost the exact same thing as the transfers you can make in your own computer except it can be applied to a much wider variety of surfaces and is more permanent. The fact that they have a tee shirt available for a Cherokee does not mean they have ever made more than one for the webpage photo and I suppose that one could have been faked.

Frank
#9 of 16 Old 11-06-2003, 12:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Sarah

I don't think these stores really sell much of this stuff, they print it after it's ordered,
That's right. I did one of these a long time ago, but didn't sell a darn thing. :LOL They have one shop that shows the steps of circumcision (pics) on the T-shirts, mugs, etc. :Puke
#10 of 16 Old 11-06-2003, 03:28 PM

I just wrote them that I would buy their first 10 infant t-shirts if they switch to anit-circ slogans only.
To be intact is to be "IN".
I'll see if they respond.
#11 of 16 Old 11-08-2003, 01:24 PM

I'm tempted to get the "circumcised against my will" bumper sticker for my dh - then make him put it on the car before our next visit to his parents
#12 of 16 Old 11-08-2003, 08:05 PM

Cafepress also has items with "A Universal No To Circumcision"

http://www.cafeshops.com/nocircumcision

Dan
#13 of 16 Old 11-09-2003, 05:14 AM

<Edited To Remove Post. I Know What I Was Feeling . . . But What Was I Thinking . . . >
#14 of 16 Old 11-28-2003, 12:09 AM

Yep. It's The Word: "Bar" . . .

Not All Indians Go To The Bar. That Is Not "Fair" To Typecast Them As Such. A N_____ Can Call Hisself A N_____ Only Under Certain Circumstances.
#15 of 16 Old 11-28-2003, 12:44 AM

Happy Thanksgiving Lastminute... I don't know what else to say but to explain that my refrence to a man wearing a t-shirt advertising his circumcision status at a bar was not at all intended to be a racist knock on Native Americans. I just was stupidly unable to imagine any other place where a man would wear a t-shirt that was advertising his lack of a foreskin. A meat market bar was the only place I could imagine a person would don such a shirt. Maybe you can think of other places where these shirts would be popular... a pick up bar was the only place I could imagine... it's not like you'd pick it for Casual Friday.

My husband is Cherokee and I assure you that I do not think all Native Americans are drunks, nor do I think that alcoholism is a laughing matter, no matter what your heritage. I don't think that my comment implied that the fictional circumcised cherokee was even drinking... he was just flaunting some oddly coincidental aspects of what he's offering.
#16 of 16 Old 12-02-2003, 05:08 AM

oh there ya go! Circ your son and then you can give him that cute pro-circ teddy bear.. that will make him feel better... :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page