not in labor but i did lose my mucous plug - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 11-17-2008, 05:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i went in to L&D yesterday due to high bp (140/98) after talking with my midwives about it. see this thread for the full story- http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=999755

anyways so they did a cervical check and today i lost my mucous plug. yay, except i called my homebirth midwife and she said in second births this can mean next to nothing

any second time moms lose their plug and have it mean iminent labour?
#2 of 6 Old 11-17-2008, 06:00 PM

it can mean labor is a week away, OR if it's the red blood stained tippy-top part, it can mean labor within 48 hours. i only lost my plug (with bloody show) with my 3rd birth, and had him in my arms 9 hours later.

today i had bloody show and losing peices of red stained plug, but it is much slower going than with my 3rd birth...it's been 16 hours since then, still only pidly contrax..ones i have to focus through, but not lasting long enough ot coming quick enough to "produce a baby today"...sigh.

so generally speaking, if its the "tippy top" part you have every right to get excited.
#3 of 6 Old 11-17-2008, 06:44 PM - Thread Starter

im not sure if its the tippy top part... the blood is kinda "old" looking, brownish and clotty. and not a lot of it.
#4 of 6 Old 11-18-2008, 04:55 PM - Thread Starter

lots more mucous today, yellow not bloody, and maybe 1 or 2 contractions... i guess this could go on for quite a while?
#5 of 6 Old 11-19-2008, 12:55 AM

I lost my mucus plug (yellow, no blood) and had my son within 36 hours. Good luck!

Loving wife partners.gif and mama to my sweet little son coolshine.gif (Fall 2008) and a beautiful baby girl babyf.gif(Fall 2010)

When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty. --George Bernard Shaw

#6 of 6 Old 11-19-2008, 08:52 AM

Sorry to say that it could definitely go on for a while. I had that for about a week before I went into labor.

Wife to J, SAHM to W (03/06) ribboncesarean.gif at 32w4d, C (10/08) ribboncesarean.gif, and H (02/11) ribboncesarean.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page