update on Levi - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 11-17-2008, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Levi saw the pediatrician today. He's caught up to the development (and almost the size of) a 2 month old already! That means he's caught up 2 of the 3 months early he was! He's 7lb, 12 oz. Other than a small umbilical hernia (which is not a big deal at all, especially after all we've been through), he's totally healthy and is looking awesome. That's also good news because it means he's on track for his first hand surgery in February at 6 months old. He should be large and healthy enough at that point that the surgery shouldn't be a big deal for him. The sooner he can have the surgery to separate the fingers, the faster it'll heal and the less it'll impact his fine motor development.
#2 of 7 Old 11-17-2008, 07:23 PM

That's great news! You must feel so relieved that he is doing so well. He is such a strong little guy!
I'm really happy for you and your family.

Lovestruck luxlove.gif mama to Girlie #1 energy.gifand Girlie #2 on the way!
#3 of 7 Old 11-17-2008, 07:35 PM

That is great news!
#4 of 7 Old 11-17-2008, 08:31 PM

So good to hear! Thanks for the update, mama. I think about you guys a lot.

Don't answer if you don't feel like talking about it, but how's your health insurance situation? Will you be able to continue on your husband's insurance for a while despite the layoff? I hope so.

SAHM to 6.5yo DS and 4yo DD. PCOS with two early m/cs. Married 8 yrs. Certified birth doula, writer, editor.

Some stuff I like: hbac.gifteapot2.GIFeat.gifnocirc.gifbftoddler.giffemalesling.GIFcrochetsmilie.gif read.gifcat.gif

#5 of 7 Old 11-17-2008, 10:14 PM - Thread Starter

The company is paying the COBRA costs for three months. After that, the cost is several hundred dollars a month MORE than our MORTGAGE! It's nuts. But in the meantime, we've found out that no matter what our income, Levi's eligible for insurance through the state because of disability (they consider both his hands AND his prematurity disabilities for this) without the waiting list that my girls will likely wind up on. So we've applied for that and he'll get it even if DH finds a new job within the three months because you can carry that as well as private insurance. My in-laws are on the top of my "nominate for sainthood if I ever get a chance" list now because they've offered to pay the COBRA costs if it comes down to it.
#6 of 7 Old 11-18-2008, 02:31 AM

That's wonderful that he's doing so well....what a little miracle he is!!

Kerriintactlact.gif blessed single mama to Teresa 8/2/02blahblah.gif, Madeleine 5/28/04dust.gif, Andrew 6/25/06jammin.gif, and Isabelle ribboncesarean.gif11/27/08energy.gif

#7 of 7 Old 11-18-2008, 12:13 PM

You are fortunate to have such a supportive family. I am glad Levi is doing well and thriving! I know another infant who had hand surgery at 6 months to correct fingers, and he is now almost 2 and doing fine! I wish Levi the best!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page