She's not here yet. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 11-18-2008, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm looking down the list of threads in our DDC, and they all say "She's here!" or "He's here!" and I simultaneously feel sooooo glad for them, but also sort of frustrated. Tomorrow will be 1 week overdue. I know, it's not the overdue-est in the world, but every day it gets a little harder.

Is she STUCK, for heaven's sake? At this point so much of my cervix has come out (sorry, TMI) that, gravitationally speaking, I'm not sure how she even manages to stay in- seems like she would fall right out.

I was talking to a doula this morning about my fears about having a newborn (afraid it will be a repeat of the really awful breastfeeding struggles I had with DD1 four years ago, etc.) and she suggested that it was my fear that was keeping this baby from being born. ::: She's a very kind lady, but what the heck am I supposed to do with that idea? The possiblity that it's all my fault certainly doesn't make me feel MORE relaxed and ready!
#2 of 10 Old 11-18-2008, 07:06 PM

I'm starting to anxiously await your little Ginger too!
I had trouble bfing dd1 and dd2 (after just a week) has been absolutely no problem. I'm sure it'll be fine. Relax and let her come!
#3 of 10 Old 11-18-2008, 08:46 PM

It's because she's cosy inside you.

My twins kicked out at 32 weeks; keep on growing your little lovely all you can :

joy.gifspread a lot of love joy.gif

#4 of 10 Old 11-18-2008, 08:48 PM

and just as an aside, maybe hook up with a b'feeding counsellor/ lact consultant/ write on the b'feeding boards here about your previous experience and how you might do things differently this time round/ how you would have liked to have done it last time. B'feeding can be tricky for lots of us with some children, but then go FAB next time round, so don't feel disheartened mama.

I also did some birth art to let go of some of my fear this time round; didn't keep my babies in, but did feel such a relief to see on paper some of what was going on in my mind. Get the crayons out and colour your feelings onto paper.....

joy.gifspread a lot of love joy.gif

#5 of 10 Old 11-18-2008, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hattifattener View Post
Ishe suggested that it was my fear that was keeping this baby from being born. ::: She's a very kind lady, but what the heck am I supposed to do with that idea? The possiblity that it's all my fault certainly doesn't make me feel MORE relaxed and ready!
I've gotten that suggestion from a couple of people too. I know they mean well, but geez!

Kash, homeschooling mommy to Gillian (8/5/00) and Jacob (3/23/05)
and Brigid Eleanor (11/20/08)
#6 of 10 Old 11-18-2008, 10:57 PM

I'm not overdue yet (due date is tomorrow), but I wonder what's keeping him in there, too. At this point in my pregnancy last time, I was in serious labor. All that's going on now are constant mild contractions and his favorite--ramming me in the groin. I got up earlier and couldn't walk because it felt like he was going to fall out. Don't know what that's all about.

Anyway, enough about me. I know what you're saying...seems like everyone else is having their babies already!
#7 of 10 Old 11-18-2008, 11:42 PM

I know where you are coming from. I am only 40 w 3 d, but my first was born at 39w 3d, and after only 10 days of prodromal labor(I am going on 3 weeks now!). I also had a horrific time with bf with my first, and am a bit anxious about nursing this one. At this point though, I'll take nursing issues over pregnancy!!! At least with those, I know I can roll over in bed without gasping for air!

belly.gifLesli: Wife to Jon, Mommy to my treasures, Kyla(Feb 06), Erin (Nov 08), and "Beanie" due 01/12! We're a home centered family! Homebirth, homecooking, homemade homegrown, and homeschooling!!

#8 of 10 Old 11-18-2008, 11:58 PM

to everyone! You will all be fine! Your babies will come at a very auspicious time, and they will be beautiful! Please be thankful for having a full term baby, preemies are hard.

Very soon all of this discomfort will be gone and you will be in love!

"Listen, are you breathing just a little and calling it a life?"~Mary Oliver

RT knitting mama  to 3 (& 8 who didn't make it) wife working on 13 years to a silly man who drives me crazy.
#9 of 10 Old 11-19-2008, 05:24 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the love, everyone. Especially you, mochimama- you're my "moms with babies named Ginger" role model. SO glad nursing is going well for you.

As of today, I'm 2 cm dilated, 80% effaced, and my membranes are most definitely swept. We'll see what happens! And you can bet I'll be stalking this board to keep posted on all the other late mamas. :
#10 of 10 Old 11-19-2008, 05:56 PM

i'm 40 weeks today, so i'm not even overdue yet and i'm already so impatient. i can't wait to hold her in my arms instead of in my stomach!

Bethanie, Single Mama to Clementine Aislyn born via waterbirth.jpguc.jpg on 11/23/08. Hoping to homeschool.gif We cd.gifsaynovax.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page