Let's talk PP bleeding - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 11-18-2008, 07:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm 4 days pp and not hardly bleeding...I also didn't bleed much at birth. I usually am a heavy bleeder after giving birth. Has anyone else not had much bleeding? I'm wondering if it's going to catch up later or if some people just don't bleed a lot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 11-18-2008, 08:16 PM

I bled for 10 weeks with dd1 and after only a week pp, I'm barely bleeding at all with dd2. I think it has to do a lot with the individual birth experience--at least that's my theory. Less invasive = less bleeding, was that your experience?
Of course that's with only two births worth of data...
I'm sure there are other experiences.
#3 of 9 Old 11-18-2008, 08:23 PM

I am curious about this, too. I had a c-section this time around and bleeding has been light since surgery- but continues 21 days later. With DS #1 it was heavy and short. Do you think this is because of the c-section, or is it just a different birth experience altogether?
#4 of 9 Old 11-18-2008, 11:01 PM

I'm 8 days PP and almost done bleeding. I was about 4 weeks with my son. I'm also doing herbal baths though, so I'm wondering if the soaking has been encouraging faster bleeding?!?!
#5 of 9 Old 11-19-2008, 12:27 AM

I'm at 2 weeks and 4 days. It seems like the bleeding stopped yesterday. Lighter than DD, about the same as DS. And I full expect to have a few "spots" between now and 6 weeks.

Things are feeling so good "down there" I wish I knew if my cervix was closed all the way...poor DH is feeling neglected.

"Listen, are you breathing just a little and calling it a life?"~Mary Oliver

RT knitting mama  to 3 (& 8 who didn't make it) wife working on 13 years to a silly man who drives me crazy.
#6 of 9 Old 11-19-2008, 04:59 AM

My PP bleeding was so much easier to handle this time around! I am 5w3d PP, and my bleeding has been completed stopped for a little over a week. It slowed down to "light period" stage at about 4 or 5 days PP. I think it would have been over quicker if I hadn't overdone it. I felt so good, it was hard to just sit on the couch when I wanted to be out an about!

Mama to DS R (June/06), DD K (September/07), DS M (October/08), DD R (June/09)... waiting for #5 in late 2013!!

#7 of 9 Old 11-19-2008, 08:55 AM

I too am wondering about this. I am 3 days pp (c/s) and just a light, mid-menses-ish flow.

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
And we are joyfully awaiting a new addition in April 2011! <><
#8 of 9 Old 11-19-2008, 09:47 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdymom View Post
I too am wondering about this. I am 3 days pp (c/s) and just a light, mid-menses-ish flow.
This is me, too...only I'm 3 weeks post-section. Seems like I had light bleeding for a long time after DS was born.

Wife to J, SAHM to W (03/06) ribboncesarean.gif at 32w4d, C (10/08) ribboncesarean.gif, and H (02/11) ribboncesarean.gif

#9 of 9 Old 11-19-2008, 12:27 PM

When I was preparing for my possible c-section (didn't happen thanks to baby turning on her own!), my friends who had them all said the bleeding was lighter.

I'd say that my PP bleeding has definitely been lighter this time with baby #3. I'm only 9 days out, though, so I can't say how long it will last yet.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page