Too late to de-lurk??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 11-19-2008, 03:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi -

I joined this DDC way back 9 months ago but then got involved in the "queer & pregnant" thread instead...and THEN had placenta previa & got involved in those threads...both experiences felt like it was hard to connect with the regular DDC kitchen table talk....

THEN started working crazy hours since I'm a freelancer & needed to save for post-birth time off. So for awhile I didn't have time to look on these boards at all.

So anyhow, its only been in the past 3 weeks that I've been involved with this thread as a serious lurker and now I am hoping its not too late to de-lurk!!!

I am 39 weeks as of today - my placenta previa moved awhile ago - YAY

I'm planning a homebirth with a midwife, doula, DW and 2 close friends.

LO Theo seems to be in a great position but I can't tell if he's dropped or not...I feel pressure in my pelvis & some cervix action but I also feel his feet high up...maybe he's just very long???

Strong BH on & off and some period-type cramping but nothing more exciting than that...no show, no plug....

My EDD is 11/27 and I'm trying to distract myself but since I'm not working anymore I have WAY too much time on my hands to do stuff like practice all the different labor positions I could get into with my furniture...
(can y'all tell this is my first baby???)

Anyhow, I've really enjoyed following everyone's posts & I hope its not too late for me to join the party!

-Allison, mama-to-be to baby Theo

DS born at home 12/08 DW in grad school for seven years running
#2 of 17 Old 11-19-2008, 04:00 PM

Nice to see you here!
#3 of 17 Old 11-19-2008, 04:07 PM

its NEVER to late to De-lurk. : Welcome and glad you have joined us. Keep us posted with how you develope. It sounds like you are having some prelabor symptoms so far. I was having lots of cervical pressure too, but turns out I was still posterior and only at 1cm. I am FINALLY at 2 1/2 and was almost anterior, Dr. sort of helped that turn all the way anterior. (Oh yea, that was fun) Hoping to go into labor this weekend and avoid induction. Im getting desperate and not sure what else to try at this point, except LOTS of :
#4 of 17 Old 11-19-2008, 04:08 PM

nak

never too late to delurk! can't wait to hear your birth story and to share in all the newborn experiances. welcome!
#5 of 17 Old 11-19-2008, 04:21 PM

Welcome!! I am 39 +3 today and in exactly the same position. Lots of prelabor stuff, cervical, pelvic pressure, no bloody show or mucus plug and crazy BHX. I am also unsure of whether or not Bianca has dropped or even is head down. Trusting birth on this one.
#6 of 17 Old 11-19-2008, 04:22 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
welcome!
#7 of 17 Old 11-19-2008, 05:44 PM

Oooh, you may be eating Turkey/Tofurkey after your LO is born. :-)
#8 of 17 Old 11-19-2008, 05:45 PM

I had been wondering the same thing. I havent really joined the ddc in the beginning, as I just found out a couple weeks ago this was on here. I go through cycles where I am on the computer everyday, to where I dont want to go near it. I will be 39 weeks on Friday and have been on the ddc for only about 2 or 3 weeks. I wish I had known about this sooner
My EDD is the day after yours, planning a hb too. I have started having wicked cramping today too. My back is really sore. I am so ready!

dd 8, ds 6, ds 4,: (12/08), ds 1, me and dh:yawning Simplifying my life one day at a time! 925/2010
#9 of 17 Old 11-19-2008, 05:46 PM

#10 of 17 Old 11-19-2008, 05:52 PM

i was actually just thinking of making a similar post! of course, i've been lurking lots since april or so, i'm just internet-shy.
i'm glad to see i'm not the only one who is just now jumping in!

Bethanie, Single Mama to Clementine Aislyn born via waterbirth.jpguc.jpg on 11/23/08. Hoping to homeschool.gif We cd.gifsaynovax.gif
#11 of 17 Old 11-19-2008, 06:18 PM

Stardust, I enjoy your belly pics every week. You are so lucky your button is still in tact. Me on the other hand, I look like a Thanksgiving day turkey!
#12 of 17 Old 11-19-2008, 09:06 PM

aw, yeah. i was kind of surprised that my belly button never popped! of course, it's always been very deep. when i'm not pregnant i can fit half my pinky in there! haha.
that reminds me i need to take my 40 week shots tonight.

Bethanie, Single Mama to Clementine Aislyn born via waterbirth.jpguc.jpg on 11/23/08. Hoping to homeschool.gif We cd.gifsaynovax.gif
#13 of 17 Old 11-19-2008, 11:06 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

And I'm glad some other lurkers came out of the shadows!!

Now that I'm trying to distract myself from the not-much-is-happening, I'll be on here a lot, so hopefully I'll make up for lost time.

I'm posting belly pics right now.

DS born at home 12/08 DW in grad school for seven years running
#14 of 17 Old 11-20-2008, 01:30 AM

Well I guess if everyone else is doing it....

I've been lurking around this ddc for about two months, I think I may have posted one or two times, but otherwise I have been hiding. No reason except that internet shyness somebody else mentioned - this is my first "chat" experience. I have been bolder in other mothering forums, probably because this one seemed like everybody already knew each other! Which is so great, I should have introduced myself sooner - I should know by now that shyness doesn't get me anywhere fun

I am 38.5 weeks with lots of BH, 1 cm, and 50% effaced. So a lot of you can feel better now because you're so far ahead of me and all I want is this baby out! Though I completely hear the poster who said we should be thankful for full-term babies, that is definitely true.

I have gestational diabetes, which I have really been a big whiner about because it has sucked all the joy out of food for me for the past few months. I also wanted a homebirth but got scared away from the insurance hassle I found out it would be, then I found a great OB who I really like and a hospital that is VERY natural birth friendly, so all worked out there.

But what sucks about the GD is the fact that I am not allowed to go past my due date because of the risk of stillbirth (not sure why the risk is there but not going to question it). soooooo....I'd really like this little one to make an appearance sooooon so that I don't have to face induction. I fear the pit!

Wow I can see now how great it feels to get all this out on the page - I didn't know what I was missing. I feel noticeably better than I did when I first started writing this long post.
#15 of 17 Old 11-20-2008, 08:33 AM

WOW - so nice to see more mamas

GD can be a pain with regards to getting what you want, so yay to finding somewhere you're happy with.

hope it's not totally out of place to link this for you:
http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/...-maternal.html

you probably are already read up, but i hate to think i'd not bothered....i have a friend with GD and she hit some rotten attitudes in the hospital when it came to b'feeding.

ENJOY!

joy.gifspread a lot of love joy.gif

#16 of 17 Old 11-20-2008, 09:49 AM

Welcome to the party y'all. Grab a mocktini and pull up a birth ball!

SAHM to 6.5yo DS and 4yo DD. PCOS with two early m/cs. Married 8 yrs. Certified birth doula, writer, editor.

Some stuff I like: hbac.gifteapot2.GIFeat.gifnocirc.gifbftoddler.giffemalesling.GIFcrochetsmilie.gif read.gifcat.gif

#17 of 17 Old 11-20-2008, 10:21 AM

Cartesia,
Your pics in the Belly thread are beautiful!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page