It's raining babies! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 11-19-2008, 05:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Holy cow! I don't log on for a day and I come back to see all these new babies born just within days/hours of each other.

This has been one busy DDC. :

Trying to figure out who is waiting for babes yet to come....
#2 of 16 Old 11-19-2008, 05:02 PM

Still Sunny Here in Texas!

Learning & growing & changing everyday!
#3 of 16 Old 11-19-2008, 05:13 PM

Include me on the "still no baby" list. ((((twidling thumbs))))
#4 of 16 Old 11-19-2008, 05:16 PM

Still waiting here!
#5 of 16 Old 11-19-2008, 05:26 PM
bax

Yup. :yawning:

SAHM to Ada 8/15/2006, Calla 11/22/2008, and Wright 6/16/2011

#6 of 16 Old 11-19-2008, 05:33 PM

I'm still waiting for my boy to get here, but just got back from the doc's office and am at 4cm with swept membranes...so maybe soon? Today's my due date, which is when DD was born.
#7 of 16 Old 11-19-2008, 05:59 PM

today is my due date as well!
of course, this is my first.
from what i can tell i'm about 2 centimeters dilated, but i've been that way for about a month now with no action. we'll see!

Bethanie, Single Mama to Clementine Aislyn born via waterbirth.jpguc.jpg on 11/23/08. Hoping to homeschool.gif We cd.gifsaynovax.gif
#8 of 16 Old 11-19-2008, 06:36 PM

i know!! so many new babies!! not mine, of course, but im only 39 weeks tomorrow, so while im feeling ready, s/he must not be. tick tick tick.....

~helen~ mama to 5 yo twins jonas and micah and my 2 yo baby boy eli
#9 of 16 Old 11-19-2008, 07:41 PM

Also waiting! (41+1 today)

Kash, homeschooling mommy to Gillian (8/5/00) and Jacob (3/23/05)
and Brigid Eleanor (11/20/08)
#10 of 16 Old 11-19-2008, 08:02 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambotchka View Post
I'm still waiting for my boy to get here, but just got back from the doc's office and am at 4cm with swept membranes...so maybe soon? Today's my due date, which is when DD was born.
Yup, my due date is tomorrow and I'm 4 cm with swept membranes (twice now, once last week and once today). Something has to give right?

Single, student mama slingboy.gif to 3 boys jumpers.gif 

homeschool.gif saynovax.gif signcirc1.gif bfinfant.gif femalesling.GIF familybed2.gif h20homebirth.gif 

#11 of 16 Old 11-19-2008, 10:53 PM

Still here...

Due this coming Sunday 11/23.

Just waiting...

Amy

Mama to DS1 (4/04) DS2 (HBAC 11/06) DS3 (HBAC 12/08) DS4 (HBAC 1/11). Wife to one handsome hard working DH.
#12 of 16 Old 11-19-2008, 11:47 PM

not being snarky at all here, just curious... how is it possible to be 4cm dilated and not in labor? i know with second births the dilation/effacment happens earlier but how can we be walking around that open???

i am having an induction tommorrow night. at my last exam i was 75% effaced, kinda "squishy" (midwives words) and 1cm dilated.
#13 of 16 Old 11-20-2008, 10:08 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by arismama! View Post
not being snarky at all here, just curious... how is it possible to be 4cm dilated and not in labor? i know with second births the dilation/effacment happens earlier but how can we be walking around that open???

i am having an induction tommorrow night. at my last exam i was 75% effaced, kinda "squishy" (midwives words) and 1cm dilated.
I have no idea! I swear next time I go in they'll be like "Oh you're fully dilated, how do you feel about pushing?"

Lol, seriously though I'm worried because apparently active labor is extremely quick if you're already this dilated and I want to make sure my body has enough time to give me some endorphins!

Single, student mama slingboy.gif to 3 boys jumpers.gif 

homeschool.gif saynovax.gif signcirc1.gif bfinfant.gif femalesling.GIF familybed2.gif h20homebirth.gif 

#14 of 16 Old 11-20-2008, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arismama! View Post

Seriously! You wouldnt think it was physically possible. I went into what I thought was real labor last thursday, and there was another girl there who had been at 5 cm for a WEEK, and they STILL SENT HER HOME!!!! Apparently she wasnt due til the 20th, and was having some light cramping, so she THOUGHT maybe it was time. But they had her up and walking trying to get the contractions going, and NOTHING. Poor thing. I wanted to tell her she could have my contractions if I could have her dilation..(I was only at 1 and wouldnt budge. I have since graduated to 2 1/2, THANK GOODNESS)
I also had a friend who was at 4 cm for like a month before she finally went into labor. So its alot more common then one might think.
#15 of 16 Old 11-20-2008, 11:40 AM

Ack! I spent the first part of the month telling all the mamas close to their due date to be patient, and now it's my turn to be impatient. I'm impatient!!! I know I shouldn't be but I can't help it. I'm only 39 wks 2d, but that's where I was when DS came, and it's stuck in my head that I should be having my baby now. I'm so sick of the anticipation, and the phonecalls are starting, and my childcare situation is, by necessity, up in the air until I go into labor which just adds to the feeling of anticipation. (He's going to my MIL's unless it's the sabbath, in which case she doesn't drive and he'll have to go elsewhere. And if I labor all night and we only need a few hours of care, we may also opt to have him at a friend's instead of MIL's as she's quite far away and I don't want him spending the night unless he has to.) AUGH! I'm freaking.

OK, back to obsessively making lists and crossing things off them.

SAHM to 6.5yo DS and 4yo DD. PCOS with two early m/cs. Married 8 yrs. Certified birth doula, writer, editor.

Some stuff I like: hbac.gifteapot2.GIFeat.gifnocirc.gifbftoddler.giffemalesling.GIFcrochetsmilie.gif read.gifcat.gif

#16 of 16 Old 11-20-2008, 05:07 PM

I'm due Sunday and still waiting...

But today, dh started working from home until after the baby arrives so that is a HUGE relief! One less thing to worry about since he had - at best - a 1.5 hour commute home if I went into labour.

Sending goods wishes to everyone - those still waiting and those blissed out with babes-in-arms

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page