how long will this go on? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-20-2008, 04:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is my rant and complaint:

I am having moderately painful contractions that keep me awake, but they're never less than four minutes apart and they're not regularly paced. I was up most of last night with them. Plus I've been having large doses of bloody show. And I have bronchitis now, which makes breathing through a contraction just loads of fun.

And yet, with all this, nothing seems to be progressing. I'm at 4cm (as of yesterday at noon). The blood just keeps coming (a mix of red mucus and brownish-red gunk). The contractions keep coming, but not to the point that I'd like them to get to.

I don't know how much longer I can handle it. It's eroding me. I'm exhausted and grumpy and *this* close to calling the doc to see if they can break my water.

I called to get chiropractic and/or acupuncture done today, but no one wanted to see me since they hadn't seen me before and I'm in this mix of labor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2008, 05:19 PM

Oh mama, I am sorry. The prodromal labor just sucks. My doula suggested trying to get the baby to reposition slightly as that is usually the hold up. Try to be on your hands and knees with your butt as high as you can get it for 30 minutes at a time to allow the baby the most room to reposition its head, and once it gets it right, labor usually jump starts. Otherwise have you considered blue and black cohosh to regulate them and make them stronger? There is always castor oil too since you are so close, it may just give the push you need. I hope everything picks up or dies off so you can rest either way.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:32 PM

omg, are you still at it?? you poor woman.

maybe you can call another acuptunturist and/or chiro, and just omit the part about being kind of in labor?

i like the pp suggestion of postioning (which, of course, the chiro could help out with as well) and herbs. i know i would be willing to try pretty much anything in your position. you must be just so worn out. big hugs mama. i will be thinking about you and sending you REAL labor vibes. :

~helen~ mama to 5 yo twins jonas and micah and my 2 yo baby boy eli
Old 11-20-2008, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter

I just got up from a short nap. MIL put DD to nap, thank goodness. (Glad MIL is here!)

Going to walk some more and try the repositioning, as suggested. There aren't any other chiros/accup. Within at least thirty miles of here, so I'm done with that avenue.

Does bloody show gunk usually just keep coming? I can't even wipe it all away. Kind of scary, but it's not bright red so I'm not too alarmed. Plus, the kid is still moving around.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:33 PM

ugh, i feel you momma. i would ask your care provider what he/she would suggest. whether cohash, castor oil, stripping membranes (this got me into an active labor pattern) or perhaps breaking water.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:49 PM - Thread Starter

Ok the grossest thing in my life just happened. (So avert your eyes if you're sensitive.) I guess I thought I'd passed my mucus plug before in bits and pieces, but this was just disgusting. It was a 2-inch long brownish red slug of nastiness. Certainly didn't see anything like that with DD.

Had my membranes stripped yesterday, but this was more than just the "spotting" they said might happen.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambotchka View Post
Ok the grossest thing in my life just happened. (So avert your eyes if you're sensitive.) I guess I thought I'd passed my mucus plug before in bits and pieces, but this was just disgusting. It was a 2-inch long brownish red slug of nastiness. Certainly didn't see anything like that with DD.

Had my membranes stripped yesterday, but this was more than just the "spotting" they said might happen.
I had that too with DS. It happened while DH was out fetching something for me, and I saved it on toilet paper and made him look at it. He was thrilled, let me tell you.

Good sign of progress! I'm in early labor, no show yet. Wanna be labor buddies?

SAHM to 6.5yo DS and 4yo DD. PCOS with two early m/cs. Married 8 yrs. Certified birth doula, writer, editor.

Some stuff I like: hbac.gifteapot2.GIFeat.gifnocirc.gifbftoddler.giffemalesling.GIFcrochetsmilie.gif read.gifcat.gif

Old 11-20-2008, 09:05 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
sign me up, this same stuff has been happening to me all week. Ive been to chiro and massage and have good runs of ctx but they don't ever get really intense or long and then peter out again. I need to hang out some more with my butt in the air. Its gonna happen, i know it will, baby can't stay in there forever.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:38 PM

I'm dealing with the same thing. ARRRGGGG!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurnur View Post
Its gonna happen, i know it will, baby can't stay in there forever.
I'm to the point where i think she's going to be in there until college! Should make homeschooling easy though!

belly.gifLesli: Wife to Jon, Mommy to my treasures, Kyla(Feb 06), Erin (Nov 08), and "Beanie" due 01/12! We're a home centered family! Homebirth, homecooking, homemade homegrown, and homeschooling!!

Old 11-20-2008, 10:03 PM

Powerful labor vibes to all of you! How about getting friendly with hubby? Or just orgasms on your own?

It will happen!

Come on babies!

"Listen, are you breathing just a little and calling it a life?"~Mary Oliver

RT knitting mama  to 3 (& 8 who didn't make it) wife working on 13 years to a silly man who drives me crazy.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:18 PM

Not in your DDC, but had to offer commiseration (prodromal labor SUCKS) and the suggestion that you check in with your HCP and see if she thinks it's appropriate to do something to help you catch a rest (unless you're too far in labor, in which case good luck!).
Old 11-20-2008, 10:35 PM - Thread Starter

yes, a Long Slow Labor Club would be nice right now...even though I'd rather be in the Just Had a Baby Club.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:56 PM

I'm laboring here with ya.I'm 90% sure nothing is progressing cos baby is in a bad position with her hand at her mouth.She keeps getting hiccups-a sign of thumb-sucking and thus not engaging.SO, i'm off to watch sitcoms with my butt in the air!!!We SO need a smiley for THAT right?! but upside down....

:::
Old 11-21-2008, 03:16 AM - Thread Starter

hmm. hiccups here, too.

User Tag List