I think I'm in labor...maybe! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 11-20-2008, 04:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I started having strong cramps at around noon, and they keep coming. It feels very much like the start of labor felt when I had my son. My midwife told me not to pay attention to it and just to try to go about my day, getting plenty of rest and food, but I'm so excited that it's hard to follow that advice! Even though they're pretty much just crampy right now, they were strong enough to wake me when I tried to nap, and I now have to stop what I'm doing and squat down, get on birth ball, etc.

My husband is coming home from work, my MIL is coming to get DS (which is making me feel a little weepy but I know it's the best thing for everyone), I put my labor tea on the stove, and I did my early labor project (making a little pagan altar to put near the birth tub.) So much for not paying attention! I'm stoked!

SAHM to 6.5yo DS and 4yo DD. PCOS with two early m/cs. Married 8 yrs. Certified birth doula, writer, editor.

Some stuff I like: hbac.gifteapot2.GIFeat.gifnocirc.gifbftoddler.giffemalesling.GIFcrochetsmilie.gif read.gifcat.gif

#2 of 6 Old 11-20-2008, 05:47 PM - Thread Starter

Oh my lord. I was too frazzled to have DH coordinate arrivals properly, and now my MIL is here a half hour before him. He needs to install the car seat in her car, so now she's here while I'm in labor which was something I've been adamant about not having.

I am dealing. At least it's very early labor. I played the fragile laboring woman card and told her I needed to go lie down, and could she play with DS in the living room. (Never mind that DS and I were having a dance party before she came! Ha.)

DH should be here in half an hour. Counting the minutes. And now my labor has slowed. :

SAHM to 6.5yo DS and 4yo DD. PCOS with two early m/cs. Married 8 yrs. Certified birth doula, writer, editor.

Some stuff I like: hbac.gifteapot2.GIFeat.gifnocirc.gifbftoddler.giffemalesling.GIFcrochetsmilie.gif read.gifcat.gif

#3 of 6 Old 11-20-2008, 05:51 PM

Speed up labor!
Once MIL is gone you should be able to relax and let your body do its work. Good luck!
#4 of 6 Old 11-20-2008, 05:52 PM

Oh,I hope your Dh is quick getting there, and things pick back up!Sounds like it was pretty serious work there!:

:::
#5 of 6 Old 11-20-2008, 07:04 PM

My labor went better when I was resting and not up moving

Yay for labor!
#6 of 6 Old 11-20-2008, 11:00 PM

Hope it's going well!
: ELV!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page