How often is baby nursing? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 11-21-2008, 11:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just making sure it seems like she's getting enough. My other kids would eat around the clock, so I've never had one who didn't eat constantly. She's nursing about every 1.5 hours for 10 minutes--occasionally longer, but that seems to be the trend for the last 2 days. Plenty of wet/dirty diapers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 11-21-2008, 11:16 PM

That's how often my guy is nursing, too. If he's asleep in the wrap he'll go for longer (usually 3 hours), but then he is ANGRY when he gets out

Mama to DS R (June/06), DD K (September/07), DS M (October/08), DD R (June/09)... waiting for #5 in late 2013!!

#3 of 7 Old 11-21-2008, 11:21 PM

Nora is taking some LONG stretches and then nursing for an hour, and some shorter sessions for comfort or snacking. No pattern here at all!
#4 of 7 Old 11-21-2008, 11:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by andi-mama View Post
That's how often my guy is nursing, too. If he's asleep in the wrap he'll go for longer (usually 3 hours), but then he is ANGRY when he gets out
Yeah, she gets downright angry when I get her out of the wrap or mei-tei. She'd rather be worn than nurse! She's fussing to get back in the carrier, not nurse
#5 of 7 Old 11-22-2008, 12:47 AM

NAK
No real pattern here either--it seems there's always a bit of milk going in here or there. The longest "session" might be 10 minutes of active sucking, then she'll fall asleep and stay attached sucking lightly in her sleep for an hour or more. Then she'll sleep sometimes 2-3 hours without being attached. I'm super paranoid about her getting enough because I had issues with dd1, but she's gulping at least some of the time and my breasts are soooo heavy, so I figure whatever she needs is there.
My dd gets angry too. Just before she latches on, she growls and grunts and puts my nipple in and rejects it over and over before she finally latches on. It's really quite cute
#6 of 7 Old 11-22-2008, 12:52 AM

She block feeds and block naps. She's been sleeping in 4hr sessions through the night, but just last night she slept from midnight to 6am!

I couldn't help feeling worried about the way she will sleep for so long, but she definitely nurses like crazy when she is awake, and she is gaining too (12lbs 2oz today!) so I guess all is well.

: She block naps during the day, too, so I have a period from about 1-2ish to 5ish. Yay!

Mama to expecting Babe 2
#7 of 7 Old 11-22-2008, 04:42 AM

There isn't any real pattern here either. Sometimes its every 2 hours, other times its every hour others she will sleep for 3 hours. Last night she nursed off and on from about 11-3ish, more on than off.. As long as she has plenty of wet/dirty diapers Im not worried about it

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page