Could this be it? PLEASE?!?! - still not sure :( (updated) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 11-23-2008, 09:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I'm due the day after tomorrow and have never been early before, but I had bloody show about an hour ago and now I'm very crampy and having more frequent (but not painful) contractions...here's hoping!!

OK, updating....thanks for the labor vibes, mamas - still not sure if anything is happening or not. Ugh. I got sooooooo hopeful - after I posted before, contractions were getting stronger and coming every 5 minutes exactly, I was having bloody show and feeling like baby was moving lower, had some "bowel emptying" episodes and felt a little nauseous. We had plans to go to a friend's house for dinner, so we still went, and the whole car trip there I was pretty uncomfortable and DH kept asking if we should go home instead. Then we get out at their house, and everything stopped!! After dinner, sitting on their couch, contractions started up again....but then stopped. And it's been kind of on-and-off all night like that. So I guess I'm still waiting to see.....

At the same time, got some bad news from my midwife. They were supposed to schedule me for induction Friday, but tried and ALL the slots are booked from Wed. - Sun. So it would either have to be this Tuesday (on my due date) or wait until the following Monday. The consulting doc is not comfortable with my waiting until the following Monday (this is because of my thyroid problems). But he had said a few days after my EDD was OK. So the midwives left it up to me to decide, but they seem to agree that it's better to go sooner rather than later. I am so bummed because I don't want to be induced....I was sort of OK with Friday because I had a feeling she'd come on her own by then anyway, or at least we'd have given her more of a chance, but Tuesday feels like too soon to "force" her out! OTOH I am too scared to risk anything by waiting longer than I'm being advised to wait, yk? Not sure what to do. So I was *really* hoping she was coming tonight and I wouldn't have to make this decision after all!

Kerriintactlact.gif blessed single mama to Teresa 8/2/02blahblah.gif, Madeleine 5/28/04dust.gif, Andrew 6/25/06jammin.gif, and Isabelle ribboncesarean.gif11/27/08energy.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 11-23-2008, 09:36 PM

Thinking of you BFM...And hoping this is it!

Mindfully parenting DD 8/04 & DS 11/08, Human beings are the only mammals who do not nurse their offspring to full term.
#3 of 8 Old 11-23-2008, 09:59 PM

good labor vibes for you mama!
#4 of 8 Old 11-23-2008, 11:11 PM

Hoping this is it for you!

dd 8, ds 6, ds 4,: (12/08), ds 1, me and dh:yawning Simplifying my life one day at a time! 925/2010
#5 of 8 Old 11-24-2008, 12:48 AM

: BFMama!
I know going early would be such a relief for you--hope this is it!
#6 of 8 Old 11-24-2008, 06:53 AM

Thats a hard decision to make. I hope your baby comes soon so you don't have to worry about it.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#7 of 8 Old 11-24-2008, 02:44 PM

oh, i hope something happens so ypu don't have to be induced!!

"Listen, are you breathing just a little and calling it a life?"~Mary Oliver

RT knitting mama  to 3 (& 8 who didn't make it) wife working on 13 years to a silly man who drives me crazy.
#8 of 8 Old 11-24-2008, 02:52 PM

I hope the contractions come back! I'm bummed that a scheduling issue is what might have to bring your LO early
Try to focus on opening up and letting her out--maybe that will bring back your labor! :

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page