Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Philadelphia suburbs
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I'm due the day after tomorrow and have never been early before, but I had bloody show about an hour ago and now I'm very crampy and having more frequent (but not painful) contractions...here's hoping!!
OK, updating....thanks for the labor vibes, mamas - still not sure if anything is happening or not. Ugh. I got sooooooo hopeful - after I posted before, contractions were getting stronger and coming every 5 minutes exactly, I was having bloody show and feeling like baby was moving lower, had some "bowel emptying" episodes and felt a little nauseous. We had plans to go to a friend's house for dinner, so we still went, and the whole car trip there I was pretty uncomfortable and DH kept asking if we should go home instead. Then we get out at their house, and everything stopped!! After dinner, sitting on their couch, contractions started up again....but then stopped. And it's been kind of on-and-off all night like that. So I guess I'm still waiting to see.....
At the same time, got some bad news from my midwife. They were supposed to schedule me for induction Friday, but tried and ALL the slots are booked from Wed. - Sun. So it would either have to be this Tuesday (on my due date) or wait until the following Monday. The consulting doc is not comfortable with my waiting until the following Monday (this is because of my thyroid problems). But he had said a few days after my EDD was OK. So the midwives left it up to me to decide, but they seem to agree that it's better to go sooner rather than later. I am so bummed because I don't want to be induced....I was sort of OK with Friday because I had a feeling she'd come on her own by then anyway, or at least we'd have given her more of a chance, but Tuesday feels like too soon to "force" her out! OTOH I am too scared to risk anything by waiting longer than I'm being advised to wait, yk? Not sure what to do. So I was *really* hoping she was coming tonight and I wouldn't have to make this decision after all!