I feel so broken. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 11-24-2008, 05:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am 41+2 weeks now, and just feel like such an idiot. I've had prodromal labor for 3 1/2 weeks now, and have no clue if I am in labor or not. The cx were coming every 3 to 4 min last night and this am, and DH even stayed home for a little while from work b/c we thought "this is it". Then everything just stalls, and now he has wasted some of his time off. I am trying so hard to be patient, but really not doing well. Mentally this is killing me. I know it will be over eventually, but I just feel like I should at least be able to tell if I am really in labor.

belly.gifLesli: Wife to Jon, Mommy to my treasures, Kyla(Feb 06), Erin (Nov 08), and "Beanie" due 01/12! We're a home centered family! Homebirth, homecooking, homemade homegrown, and homeschooling!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 11-24-2008, 06:01 PM

I am sending serious "real quick labor that does not stop until baby comes out" vibes your way !:
#3 of 5 Old 11-24-2008, 07:07 PM

Oh, I have so been there. The worst part, for me, was feeling dumb about all the evenings (and it was always evenings- not sure why-) when I thought "This is IT!" and then it wasn't.

And when she was born, she showed NO signs of being overdue. We just had an inaccurate due date, I think. She came on the real due date- know what I mean? I bet yours will, too!
#4 of 5 Old 11-24-2008, 09:34 PM

That has got to be so frustrating! I have not had that experience but I can imagine how it must feel. You aren't broken though!!! The one good thing about this is that you're probably making some progress over these last long weeks and hopefully when it really kicks into gear you'll just sail right through in no time.

Good luck and let us know when that precious baby arrives!!

Mama to DS1 (4/04) DS2 (HBAC 11/06) DS3 (HBAC 12/08) DS4 (HBAC 1/11). Wife to one handsome hard working DH.
#5 of 5 Old 11-25-2008, 10:30 AM

sending labor vibes your way mama! I know how frustrating it is, and how relieved you will be when it IS finally it. Hugs to you and your fam!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page