How are the post-partum mama's doing? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 41 Old 12-03-2008, 02:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So milk came in Monday and I had giant softballs stuffed under my armpits (milk ducts/excess breast tissue under my arms) So painful, but today it's finally starting to drain out when K nurses. She's getting herself on a bit of a schedule sleeping/eating on a consistent basis and is doing really well. My boobs are starting to get "normal" sized again, but on the larger end of things. My bottom has healed, but is still a little tender so hard chairs are not my friend.
Might go out today for the first time...still not sure.

Oh and today is my 3rd Wedding Anni...let's see if DH remembers!

Summer: crafty mama to 2 little girls and wife to Bob
#32 of 41 Old 12-03-2008, 10:35 PM

I am 3.5wks PP and my only prob is ANGRY bowels. I'm living on colace, zantac75, metamucel, and of course a multi-vit. so I feel like a pharmacy half the time and guilty for it since Bug gets all this crap in her milk and it makes her spit up more than normal.

My bottom feels fine, though too long on a hard chair leaves me sore.

A couple days ago I passed a small peice of placenta and my bleeding has slowed to a stop since then.

I am desperate for a hot bath but doc's orders are not for another 2wks

I wish my bowels would normalize, the pain without the meds is enough to knock me out and leave me dizzy for half an hour after a BM... please heal soon gut!

Bug nurses like a champ and has a nearly predictable schedule letting me sleep for 4-5hrs at a stretch at night and her belly button finally healed this week (I think) so I'm looking forward to giving her a real bath soon!
#33 of 41 Old 12-04-2008, 08:28 PM

I haven't left home in a week officially tomorrow. I thought I'd be stir crazy, but I'm loving being at home and taking is slow. DD is adjusting as well, though she's been asking to "go bye-bye". I think DH might take her out this weekend. I'm happily cocooning at home. Although I did try on my pre-pregnancy jeans today and could almost get them buttoned. Apparently my hips didn't stretch like they did with DD #1.
My house has never been so clean and cozy. Everyone has been so wonderful, bringing food and helping me with household stuff. Loving life at the moment! Oh and my sweet DD's are amazingly beautiful and lovely. DH remembered our anniversary and bought me a beautiful mother baby pendant with a diamond. (totally surprising me)! I'm still on a cloud 9 high from my blissful birth!

Summer: crafty mama to 2 little girls and wife to Bob
#34 of 41 Old 12-05-2008, 12:57 AM

Hi, I am 17 days pp and doing okay. I did have my c-section incision open up on me last weekend that sent me to the ER. Thankfully, it was only externally and nothing was infected. They glued me shut and put some more steri strips on. I saw my OB on Tues and she said that it is looking great and should heal up nicely. She also mentioned that this is probably due to being my 3rd c/s and not having as much blood supply to the area to promote healing.

I have officially lost all but 7lbs of baby weight, but I still am in maternity jeans waiting on my stomach to flatten out a bit more. Hopefully, I will be in my real jeans soon.

BFing is going really well. I am tandem nursing. I have had oversupply issues at night when DD2 is not up to relieve the engorgement like she does in the day. I think it is finally working itself out, though. Violet is also growing like a weed. She was 7lbs 2oz when we left the hospital (she was already regaining weight), and she was 8lbs 12oz at her 2wk check. WooHoo!!!

Mama to Ava (12/03) , Leila (4/06) , Violet (11/08) , and bonus mama to Madison (7/98)
#35 of 41 Old 12-05-2008, 11:21 AM

5 weeks out and I fel like I am back to myself again! I have the c-sec shelf as well, and the weight is there, but I figure it took me 10 months to put it on, and it will take 10 months to take it off!
No bleeding, baby is nursing and starting to sleep better at night. My poor dog has accepted that the baby took his spot in the bed and he now sleeps on the floor (which gives me way more space at night!).
Glad to hear the updates from everyone!
#36 of 41 Old 12-08-2008, 08:58 PM

I am 4 weeks pp and feel really good. I wish the pp bleeding would stop. It is very little, just a panytliner, but would like to be pad free.

I am so happy that I am feeling normal again. I was soooo miserable at then end. I still get into bed with a big smile on my face that I can sleep better, move around much better and sleep on my belly.

I am most excited that I don't have ppd. I had it really bad with DD and was/am concerned about having it again. Still keeping an on eye on it, but it is so good to not be depressed!!: I am so in love with my little boy too. Ah...life is good.

Mindfully parenting DD 8/04 & DS 11/08, Human beings are the only mammals who do not nurse their offspring to full term.
#37 of 41 Old 12-08-2008, 09:40 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
2 weeks pp tomorrow. Physically I'm good, I felt for my stitches in the shower yesterday (I had 2, 1 in either side of my labia) and I couldn't feel them so I think they're gone! Bleeding is slowing down. Breastfeeding is good (although I think Corbin goes too long between feedings).
I was sooo sore the first few days! I had a short labor (2 hours of labor and 2 hours of pushing) and a "big" baby (10 lbs 6.5 oz).
Emotionally I haven't been doing too well. I've got a bit of ppd and my husband just found out that he's deploying to afghanistan in march or april...

Single, student mama slingboy.gif to 3 boys jumpers.gif 

homeschool.gif saynovax.gif signcirc1.gif bfinfant.gif femalesling.GIF familybed2.gif h20homebirth.gif 

#38 of 41 Old 12-09-2008, 10:47 AM

micah- I'm sorry your husband is being deployed so soon after your LOs birth (or at all for that matter). I hope you have some good support near you. I'll add your name to my "safe return home soon" prayer list. Hopefully after January, we will see a difference over there...
Hang in there, Mama
#39 of 41 Old 12-11-2008, 11:29 PM

31 days pp, and I'm having some blues. I really wanted a waterbirth and it didn't happen. I keep seeing birth announcements that say born peacefully at home or in water and i get all teary. I also wish i could have cut the cord like i wanted to, no just trimmed it afterwards. it's irrational since i loved my birth but kwim when i say i know it's hormones?

hecki even had a 10 minute pity party over missing my dog and she's been dead a year.

otoh pt is going well. i'm down to one day a week and i was given the green light to start walking for exercise!!! it will help with the blues.
#40 of 41 Old 12-12-2008, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TefferTWH View Post
31 days pp, and I'm having some blues. I really wanted a waterbirth and it didn't happen. I keep seeing birth announcements that say born peacefully at home or in water and i get all teary. I also wish i could have cut the cord like i wanted to, no just trimmed it afterwards.
Teffer, I feel the same way. I start reading beautiful birth stories and I stop. I can't even post a "congrats" to the mama and I feel bad about it. I am sad I didn't have a waterbirth again, but I know that things happen for a reason. And that we can not control things as much as we think we can. I feel empowered by my birth, even though I had a epi at 9cm. I believe that the epi saved me from a possible c/s, baby being in distressed and from an extremely traumatic afterbirth. The afterbirth was still traumatic, but I think it could have been way worse.

micah, so sorry to hear about your dh. My heart goes out to you.

Mindfully parenting DD 8/04 & DS 11/08, Human beings are the only mammals who do not nurse their offspring to full term.
#41 of 41 Old 12-13-2008, 02:15 AM

I'm glad I'm not the only one Julie. I was talking to very AP friends tonight, and I realized that Nora's birth was amazing. We always want more, don't we?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page