Confessions - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-04-2008, 05:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
oh, I so love this thread. This being my fifth I have done quite a few of the Ben, has only had a bath about once a week, I say its because he hates it except for the washing his hair part-for some reason he loves that. I have used the car seat for going into some errands, even though it is a pain, because of the cold weather, and because I'm not very good with the sling, you would think I would have gotten the hang of it by now, but I still have trouble nursing in one, I'm hoping someone in our local baby wearing group can help me, but I haven't had a chance to meet up with one yet.

I have to confess I used disposables the first two weeks he was home, because he was to little for my cloth diapers-he had to wear the preemie ones. I really feel bad about it, but at the same time, it made it easier to get through those first days at home, since my DH went straight back to work.

I have only trimmed his nails twice, the rest of the time, I either bite them, or pull the hanging off bits off.--in truth this is in part due to the fact that my DH and I have misplaced the baby nail clippers again.

I have also handed him off to DH when I know he needs a diaper change, because I do 90% of the diaper changes.

I have given him a pacifier, I don't know why I feel so guilty about this, but I do, he likes it when he has the hiccups and it seems to help him get rid of them.

I let him sleep propped on the boppy, while I am on the computer beside him.

the worst though, was the fact that at almost two weeks of age, he fell. he was on the Boppy on my lap, and had just finished nursing, and my toddler was coming to me, to get help with trying on her halloween costume, and I leaned forward to help her, and ben rolled off my lap and hit the floor. I felt like the worst mom ever. I called the doc. and we took him up to the hospita, where they even did a cat scan everything was fine, but I still feel so guilty, if he had been in the sling he wouldn't have fallen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2008, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleine Hexe View Post
I'm supposed to bathe my baby?

Tara--mama to Riley (9/01) Nolan (4/04) and Finnegan (11/08). Unschooling Rocks!!!
Old 12-05-2008, 10:55 PM

Baths?? Whats that? Lexi has had one, at the hospital.
The doctor told me when she was releasing us that she would only release us if I would supliment... Lexi hasn't had formula since leaving the hospital
I don't change diapers in the middle of the night unless they are poopy.

Theres more but I can't think of them right now. My brain is fried

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
Old 12-06-2008, 01:41 AM

i was putting dylan in his swing to nap so i could get some stuff done (like eat my lunch 3 hours after lunchtime). but i came it at a funky angle and didn't notice his arm got stuck on the way in. it twisted to the side and up. when he started to cry my first response was "i have to eat sometime. it'll only be a minute"

good thing i saw his arm before i put him down fully. that was totally a "i'm a crappy mom" moment. it was a while before i got to eat and he went in his bed instead.

Liz, wife to John, mom to Dylan and my giant slug zocha :
Old 12-06-2008, 01:36 PM

We were on such an awesome high and all after her birth, we forgot to change her diaper for the first 8 hours. Oops.

belly.gifLesli: Wife to Jon, Mommy to my treasures, Kyla(Feb 06), Erin (Nov 08), and "Beanie" due 01/12! We're a home centered family! Homebirth, homecooking, homemade homegrown, and homeschooling!!

Old 12-06-2008, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckysprplmonkey View Post
Oh. I forgot this really gross one. When DD2 was new, she spit up on the floor once and the dog got to it before we could clean it up. But she did such a good job that sometimes we'll call her when the baby spits up.
Ah, I forgot about that and it makes me miss our dogs. My favorite dog had to be euthanized a year ago this time and I still miss her like mad.

Greenflower, are you sure you don't read my mind. I'm with you on everything, right down to the bath temp! I hate the bucket, but it's too cold here (less than 25 degrees) to do anything but keep her in the bucket for errand running. Today though, we're going to ride the Christmas train and I'm wearing her the whole time.

User Tag List