The November...no wait it's December WHOSE LEFT check in thread... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-08-2008, 12:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We're members too and go once a week at least to ride the train. He's not as big into the village yet, but he loves the holiday decorations. I should post a picture of him with the reindeer!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2008, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TefferTWH View Post
We're members too and go once a week at least to ride the train. He's not as big into the village yet, but he loves the holiday decorations. I should post a picture of him with the reindeer!
oh please do! we saw the reindeer last year, but this year the lines were CRAZY long and the reindeer was going on a break when we showed up anyway. this was their first train ride. we had to force them on, and micah was *freaking* out as we waited for it to start moving. of course as soon as it got going he was perfectly fine. as i knew he would be, or else i wouldn't have made him get on. maybe sometime this summer we can arrange a playdate out there?

oh yeah, and im still pg. skipping LLL this morning in favor of target and joannes. today is dh's last day of teaching for the semester so im glad he was able to finish that. now we have an open schedule for birthing!

phoebe--hoping (and thinking) that you are in labor!! or holding your LO in your arms now.

~helen~ mama to 5 yo twins jonas and micah and my 2 yo baby boy eli
Old 12-08-2008, 03:41 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
I never made an intro of myself and babe to the group but my official due date was 11/11 and as of tomorrow that means I am 44 weeks. Yikes!

I had an ultrasound on the Friday before last and they adjusted edd to Dec. 3, but those can be off by a couple of weeks this late in the game, so who knows. My babies are always slow cookers anyway.

Got monitored at the hospital for a couple of hours on this last Friday and they said babe sounds great! I had also dilated to 4-5cm and Wednesday I had been too far posterior for midwife to even reach it. I also started losing my mucous plug Friday night and had a small gush of water yesterday, so hopefully things are progressing nicely along.

Having a couple of contractions now... Hoping babe is on his or her way soon! If all goes well this will be our third homebirth.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:58 AM

44 weeks???? oh my....you deserve an award. or better yet a massage and chocolate!!

Old 12-09-2008, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, wow...44 weeks?! I really don't know if I could last that long! I probably could but my MIL and others would be so freaking out and driving me totally nuts. Good for you!
It sounds like there was quite a discrepancy in your due dates. There is a big difference in 11/11 and 12/3. What do you think the deal was there? Which one do you think is more accurate?

Please keep us posted!!

Helen, what is it for you now...I've lost count? I thought you would have a baby by now.

Doesn't it seem that when you get past 41 weeks that the babe indeed will NEVER come. I mean really, it litterally is not going to come ever? That's how it felt for me. Then at 42 it feels like baby has GOT to come just anytime now...and it still doesn't.
The worst part is each and every night thinking this is the night, it has to be. And then each of the 5 times I wake up to pee I have to face the disappointment that absolutely nothing is going on down there. Then I have to try and go back to sleep while my mind is racing over WHY WHY WHY??? and IF NOT NOW...WHEN!!

Can you relate??
amy

Mama to DS1 (4/04) DS2 (HBAC 11/06) DS3 (HBAC 12/08) DS4 (HBAC 1/11). Wife to one handsome hard working DH.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:26 PM

im nearly 42 weeks now--41+5. my goodness, how time flies, eh?

i have decided that my new due date is dec 31. im *sure* the baby will not be here before that anyway, so i might as well have something to tell people who ask their oh so helpful questions about when the baby is coming, right? my poor dh gets more of it than i do, since he actually goes out into the world. he's so tired of people asking. and what do they think anyway?? i guess i could see if i was having a scheduled c-section or something, but they would have already known that from the first time they asked.

Old 12-09-2008, 07:09 PM

I have no clue really. My cycles have never been normal so until I learn to chart ( - why didn't I do this sooner?!) I have no clue when I ovulate. I was breastfeeding and had eight week cycles this time around and my original edd is based on my lmp. Assuming I actually ovulated 14 days before my next mp would have started, my edd should be today. (Don't know how accurate the 14 days before thing is but was told that by somebody.) The ultrasound dated my edd to Dec. 3 and I am told that could be off three weeks either way, since it was done late in the pregnancy, so that could be Nov. 12 or Dec. 24.

I really believe my original edd is closer than the adjusted ones because I know as of March 17th I had tested positive and had my 1st prenatal (recorded as 7 weeks). My fundal height was never off more than one or two weeks and *most* of the time it was exactly where I was supposed to be.

All of my other babies, and of course I couldn't tell you an exact conception date with them either, were "late" too - anywhere from 40.5 to 43+. You'd think that people knowing this would not be bugging out, *but* they have been waiting on me to give birth since I was about 36 weeks. Sigh.

DH says next time we are writing all this stuff down.

Anyway, things seem to be progressing slowly. I am really hoping to have this babe in my arms in the next couple of days.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:18 PM

We finally met our newest yesterday afternoon at 41+1 and on his older brothers 3rd birthday! What a relief to have it done and get to meet him!

dizzy.gif DS1: 10/89 - DD1: 06/94 - DD2: 02/97 - DS2: 12/05 - DS3: 12/08 - DC6: ETA 04/26/12

I'll be 42 when the newest little one is born! Yowza!

Old 12-09-2008, 10:30 PM

I think this may be it for me! Lots of bloody show, painful contractions. Had an appt with my mw yesterday I was 3 cm, and 50%. Hopefully, this is it. I am 41+3.

dd 8, ds 6, ds 4,: (12/08), ds 1, me and dh:yawning Simplifying my life one day at a time! 925/2010
Old 12-09-2008, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnassistedMomma View Post
We finally met our newest yesterday afternoon at 41+1 and on his older brothers 3rd birthday! What a relief to have it done and get to meet him!

: Congratulations!

dd 8, ds 6, ds 4,: (12/08), ds 1, me and dh:yawning Simplifying my life one day at a time! 925/2010
Old 12-09-2008, 10:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Congrats!!!! :::
On his brothers birthday! Wow that is really something...baby must have been waiting to be the birthday gift.

So happy!!

Mama to DS1 (4/04) DS2 (HBAC 11/06) DS3 (HBAC 12/08) DS4 (HBAC 1/11). Wife to one handsome hard working DH.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:34 PM - Thread Starter

Just had to say that I think tonight is the night (or tomorrw is the day). Felt crampy all day and the sunset has brought on some stronger contractions. Nothing that stops me from walking, talking etc. but they are ramping up I think.

Oh yippeeee!!

We'll see...here I am counting my chickens...

Old 12-09-2008, 11:38 PM

I've been having lots more contractions this afternoon. I am really hoping they keep up and this is it!
Old 12-10-2008, 12:36 AM

oh congrats!!! and what does big brother think of sharing his birthday? probably too young to really care either way. off to find your birth announcement! :

Quote:

Old 12-10-2008, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrawkmama27 View Post
I think this may be it for me! Lots of bloody show, painful contractions. Had an appt with my mw yesterday I was 3 cm, and 50%. Hopefully, this is it. I am 41+3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoebe View Post
Just had to say that I think tonight is the night (or tomorrw is the day). Felt crampy all day and the sunset has brought on some stronger contractions. Nothing that stops me from walking, talking etc. but they are ramping up I think.

Oh yippeeee!!

We'll see...here I am counting my chickens...
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitfulmomma View Post
I've been having lots more contractions this afternoon. I am really hoping they keep up and this is it!
REALLY??? ALL OF YOU? yikes, i better get on the ball here! my dh thinks whoever goes last should get a prize, but given that its CLEARLY going to be me i'll just let him get it for me!

sending all of you good strong labor vibes! can't wait to read the updates. then i'll be here all by my lonesome talking to myself!

Old 12-11-2008, 02:04 PM

Tavah Jochebed (yo-hev-ed) was born at 10:44 last night. 9lb 4 oz. She is lovely. Will post birth story later.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter

Baby Carlos Alejandro has arrived!! Went into active labor at about 10pm Tues. and he came at 1:30am Wed. So about 1.5hrs to dialate fully and 2.5hrs to push him out. He is 10lbs on the nose and 20.5 inches. He's very healthy, black fuzzy hair and super CUTE!! His placenta was in extremely good shape. Didn't look 17 days late!! My dates were totally right though and you could tell he was definately post dates due to the fact that he had no vernix what soever and he's suuuuuper dry skinned, poor thing. I'm doing really really well too. Only today we have to go see the chiropractor to pop my tailbone back into place. I expected it since it happend with ds#2 but this time it made a loud SNAP that everyone heard. Nice.

Will post birth story later!!

Congrats to the other new mamas and birth vibes to those still hangin' around. Now that I'm on the other side I can say for sure that your baby WILL decide to come!!

I'm so very glad that I was patient and waited it out.

Old 12-11-2008, 03:03 PM

congrats phoebe and fruitful!! ::

i think today is our day! : been crampy and contracty all morning, and visiting the toilet an awful lot too! had dh cancel a meeting this afternoon and called the mw to give a head's up (even though i don't want anyone here).

Old 12-11-2008, 05:25 PM - Thread Starter

Yipee Helen!!!

GO GO GO!!! :

Old 12-11-2008, 05:53 PM

Congrats girls. Heres to hoping the full moon will bring my little guy!

Wife of a Coastie, Mom to Rylin, Alden, Carden and Thumper coming Octoberstork-suprise.gifbfinfant.gifdp_femalesling.GIFsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifhomebirth.jpgribbonpink.gifHelping my mom fight breast cancer.

Old 12-12-2008, 01:08 PM

we have a new baby boy!! : 8 lbs 12 oz of cuddly love.

and i have to say i am SO GLAD that's over!! labor is hard work!

Old 12-12-2008, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylins mama View Post
Congrats girls. Heres to hoping the full moon will bring my little guy!
oh i hope so!!

Old 12-12-2008, 04:10 PM

Its a boy!!! I went into labor around 7 pm, he was born shortly after midnight on Wednesday. Still no name. He was 8# 10oz, 21 1/2 inches long. The midwife didnt make it here ontime due to the weather and the fact that my contractions never got below 9 minutes apart. So I got to catch him We are so in love!

Congratulations to the other mamas!:

Old 12-12-2008, 04:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrawkmama27 View Post
Its a boy!!! I went into labor around 7 pm, he was born shortly after midnight on Wednesday. Still no name. He was 8# 10oz, 21 1/2 inches long. The midwife didnt make it here ontime due to the weather and the fact that my contractions never got below 9 minutes apart. So I got to catch him We are so in love!

Congratulations to the other mamas!:
Oh WOW!!! How exciting!! I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT!!
What a hard wait it was but arent' you so proud of your self? You really should be. What a story:
Enjoy and can't wait to hear the name.
So glad these babies are coming!

Helen??

Old 12-13-2008, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by titania8 View Post

Congrats Helen! It sounds like you got your homebirth!
Old 12-13-2008, 08:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by titania8 View Post

Ooops! In all the excitement I must have missed that!

Wonderful!!! ::
Labor is damn hard work!!!

Congrats!

User Tag List