SERIOUSLY??? Is it really back already??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 12-05-2008, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yesterday, which is just shy of 5 weeks pp, I started what seems to be my period! I had stopped pp bleeding three weeks ago!! WTH???? Please tell me it'll just be a fluke and I won't get my real period until 18 MONTHS pp like I did with Bella

~Natalie~
LLL Leader, IBCLC, marathoner, mom of 2 (maybe 3 one day!)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 12-05-2008, 11:52 AM

Yuck...no fair! Any chance it could still be pp bleeding from over-doing it a bit?

Wife to J, SAHM to W (03/06) ribboncesarean.gif at 32w4d, C (10/08) ribboncesarean.gif, and H (02/11) ribboncesarean.gif

#3 of 11 Old 12-05-2008, 01:37 PM - Thread Starter

Nope, its definitely period bleeding

~Natalie~

#4 of 11 Old 12-05-2008, 06:01 PM

That is me. I get my periods back by 6-8 weeks PP. This is my 5th baby (due soon) and pretty sure it will be like this again. As a result my 2nd and 3rd son are 12 months apart!

I too wish I went loooonger like a lot of mamas I know. All I can offer is s and remind you to be extra careful if you can!
#5 of 11 Old 12-05-2008, 08:22 PM

I got my PPAF back at 6 months with my first, then 8 WEEKS with my second. It was crazy!! I was so not expecting it and couldn't believe it. But it was definitely a period -- I felt period-ish and crampy.

I think I'm headed that direction this time too as I already notice fertil-ish type mucous. Wouldn't you think our bodies would be so NOT ready to get pregnant again?? I don't understand!!

So BE careful!

Mama to 3 kids. We live in a yurt!
#6 of 11 Old 12-05-2008, 08:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Juice View Post
That is me. I get my periods back by 6-8 weeks PP. This is my 5th baby (due soon) and pretty sure it will be like this again. As a result my 2nd and 3rd son are 12 months apart!

I too wish I went loooonger like a lot of mamas I know. All I can offer is s and remind you to be extra careful if you can!
I just can't believe it though.....I went 18 months without a period with Bella!! Totally sucks!

~Natalie~

#7 of 11 Old 12-12-2008, 11:38 AM

Natalie,
This is not a judgment, just insanely curious. Are you ebf'ing? No paci's, bottles or soothers(ie, bouncy, swing)?

Mindfully parenting DD 8/04 & DS 11/08, Human beings are the only mammals who do not nurse their offspring to full term.
#8 of 11 Old 12-13-2008, 11:01 PM

I'm not natalie but someone who got their PPAF at 8 weeks -- no bottles, pacis, rarely a bouncy seat. Nursing at night and day, no scheduling, and we were cosleeping. The only thing that was different that the baby did sleep a bit longer stretches at night but not more than 4 hours.

I can tell this time I might get AF back here soon too. This baby does sometimes use a paci but she still nurses at *least* every 2 hours, and she sleeps right next to me at night.

Mama to 3 kids. We live in a yurt!
#9 of 11 Old 12-14-2008, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustineM View Post
I'm not natalie but someone who got their PPAF at 8 weeks -- no bottles, pacis, rarely a bouncy seat. Nursing at night and day, no scheduling, and we were cosleeping. The only thing that was different that the baby did sleep a bit longer stretches at night but not more than 4 hours.

I can tell this time I might get AF back here soon too. This baby does sometimes use a paci but she still nurses at *least* every 2 hours, and she sleeps right next to me at night.
Wow! Fascinating. Although, I am sure you may not think so. Thanks for responding!

Mindfully parenting DD 8/04 & DS 11/08, Human beings are the only mammals who do not nurse their offspring to full term.
#10 of 11 Old 12-18-2008, 08:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgirl View Post
Natalie,
This is not a judgment, just insanely curious. Are you ebf'ing? No paci's, bottles or soothers(ie, bouncy, swing)?
Oh no pacis bottles or soothers. I nurse probably every 45 minutes to 1.5 hours during the day. We cosleep and the longest stretch is one three hour period otherwise its every 2 hours during the night. I tandem nuse actually, so when DS isn't DD is, or sometimes they nurse together. I have boobs out all day long lol!

~Natalie~

#11 of 11 Old 12-18-2008, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalieadw View Post
Oh no pacis bottles or soothers. I nurse probably every 45 minutes to 1.5 hours during the day. We cosleep and the longest stretch is one three hour period otherwise its every 2 hours during the night. I tandem nuse actually, so when DS isn't DD is, or sometimes they nurse together. I have boobs out all day long lol!
Wow, I am so sorry to hear you have af back so quickly. I can not get over it with all of the nursing you are doing.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page