Commercial sposie pads are evil! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-06-2008, 07:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So my PP bleeding had almost stopped, then I ran out of my Natracare pads and DH picked up some Always at the drug store on his way home...bleeding commenced. Switched to Always pantyliners when the bleeding slowed and my bottom got sore. Finally got to the HFS today and am feeling slightly better...I'm waiting for tomorrow!

Oh splurged on some NatraCare breast pads & EMAB nipple butter as well...ah HEAVEN!

Summer: crafty mama to 2 little girls and wife to Bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2008, 07:16 PM

I get a horrible rash from 'sposie pads. I have always been sensative, but after having kids it's SUPER bad. I get sore and red and want to cry after 30 min of those things.

I hope you feel even better as your day goes on!

Married to Michael and Mother of Jake 9, Jillianne 7, Jensen 5, Jacen 4. I've got severe osteoporosis, a fractured hip and chronic pain-so please be patient with me! Pagan,Crocheter,Reader,Homeschooler- that's me in a nutshell.

Old 12-08-2008, 12:09 AM

I hear you! What really sucks is that my DH bought a huge multipack of Always. I have tons of these pads now and they do nothing but irritate my skin horribly.

Sitting here using washclothes now.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleine Hexe View Post
I hear you! What really sucks is that my DH bought a huge multipack of Always. I have tons of these pads now and they do nothing but irritate my skin horribly.

Sitting here using washclothes now.
donate the always to a women's shelter.

~helen~ mama to 5 yo twins jonas and micah and my 2 yo baby boy eli
Old 12-12-2008, 12:23 AM

can anyone give me an overview on mama cloth?
Old 12-12-2008, 07:32 PM

Teffer...
man there are lots of options for mama cloth and I couldn't even begin to give an in depth overview.

Many of the ones I see are flannel or PUL backing with fleece, cotton, hemp, bamboo, etc as the facing side.

The ones I use are from Happy Heiny's. They have snapping wings, fleece facing, hemp in the middle, and PUL on the backing. I really like them, but I do find them to be a bit warm during the summer. I would like to get some flannel backed ones eventually. There are tons of WAHM brands to choose from.

Speaking from personal experience I had constant issues with yeast, itch, irritation with disposable pads with a healthy dose of awful cramping. When I started using mama cloth, it cleared up pronto. Plus we're a CDing family. Why would I choose to not put the chemicals in disposable diapers on my children and still put them on myself? When I thought that one through, the choice was easy. I also like that I can just toss them in with the dipes for washing.
Old 12-13-2008, 03:18 AM

See we don't CD because I had such resistant thrush with K. I have been told by CDers that you basically can't clear the thrush safely from CDs, so don't try. We're all clear this time around, but I didn't stash CDs because we didn't know if I would get it again. I'm thinking about stocking up on pads for when AF returns, so I have months to research, but I'm worried about yeast getting into the mama cloth and starting a nasty cycle. Any input?

User Tag List