baby/birth announcements? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 12-08-2008, 08:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone have a good resource for getting baby/birth announcements printed?

I've been checking out these places, but I want something a little more original...
www.snapfish.com
www.shutterfly.com
www.kodakgallery.com

Summer: crafty mama to 2 little girls and wife to Bob
#2 of 14 Old 12-08-2008, 09:11 PM

if its any consolation, it will be original to those to receive them. and they will think its the best thing they have gotten in the mail all year!

but no, i don't have any other suggestions. though there may be some wahms who do photography stuff here. i know on DS there is a great one. several probably, but one i have worked with.

~helen~ mama to 5 yo twins jonas and micah and my 2 yo baby boy eli
#3 of 14 Old 12-09-2008, 12:17 AM

I purchased mine on etsy.com. There are a bunch of wahms on there that create announcements. Mine was $15 and she created the announcement, then emailed me the final proof in a 4x6 format. I had them printed through walmart.com on the luster finish. It was $8 for 50 prints, including shipping. I haven't gotten them in the mail yet but I am really pleased with how the design turned out. The wahm made several revisions for me until I was completely happy with it. I think going this route was actually cheaper than doing announcements through shutterfly.com and similar places. And the final product is completely unique.

Quoteriginally Posted by littlehaloSAHMama to Dylan 08/12/05 & Delia 11/04/08 , and
#4 of 14 Old 12-09-2008, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlehalo View Post
I purchased mine on etsy.com. There are a bunch of wahms on there that create announcements. Mine was $15 and she created the announcement, then emailed me the final proof in a 4x6 format. I had them printed through walmart.com on the luster finish. It was $8 for 50 prints, including shipping. I haven't gotten them in the mail yet but I am really pleased with how the design turned out. The wahm made several revisions for me until I was completely happy with it. I think going this route was actually cheaper than doing announcements through shutterfly.com and similar places. And the final product is completely unique.

That is what i am doing, but I am designing it myself. If you have photoshop you can easily do it.

belly.gifLesli: Wife to Jon, Mommy to my treasures, Kyla(Feb 06), Erin (Nov 08), and "Beanie" due 01/12! We're a home centered family! Homebirth, homecooking, homemade homegrown, and homeschooling!!

#5 of 14 Old 12-09-2008, 09:58 AM

I did mine myself too. Yay for Macs!
tinyprints.com is another place for announcements. I only know their name because they keep sending me stuff in the mail.
#6 of 14 Old 12-09-2008, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookishVonLiberal View Post
I did mine myself too. Yay for Macs!
tinyprints.com is another place for announcements. I only know their name because they keep sending me stuff in the mail.

i have a Mac also. did you just do them in iphoto or what program did you use? im asking b/c im pretty clueless as to what my new mac will do.
#7 of 14 Old 12-10-2008, 05:25 PM

#8 of 14 Old 12-10-2008, 05:41 PM

We did ours on Snapfish because they were having a 1 cent per card sale a couple of weeks back. I got 20 cards for 20 cents (plus $2.50 for shipping)! Some of those other online photo stores might have similar deals.
#9 of 14 Old 12-11-2008, 02:34 AM

DDC crashing - we got ours made up at Tinyprints.com and they came out beautifully!

Nora's Birth Announcement

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#10 of 14 Old 12-11-2008, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassionateWriter View Post
i have a Mac also. did you just do them in iphoto or what program did you use? im asking b/c im pretty clueless as to what my new mac will do.
I did use iPhoto. I am capable of doing more creative stuff using InDesign and my dh is a Photoshop whiz, but iPhoto was fast and easy. Drag and drop. I threw my photos into their standard blue baby announcement, typed in his vitals and placed my order. Had them in 2 days, so I looked like I was very organized.
#11 of 14 Old 12-11-2008, 11:59 AM

BVL - we had ours out within a week after she was born. Hubby had created the announcement before hand, dropped her pics in and I'd had the envelopes addressed and stamped so all we had to do was stuff them and send! So easy.

What did you ladies think of our announcement? Hubby is thinking of trying his hand at it for a side business. We are Catholic after all - lots of babies in the parish!
#12 of 14 Old 12-11-2008, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter

Teff-
Those are adorable! I totally think your Dh could make a business out of it!

Summer: crafty mama to 2 little girls and wife to Bob
#13 of 14 Old 12-12-2008, 02:01 AM

Those are sooooo cute!
#14 of 14 Old 12-22-2008, 02:13 AM

Here are some cute Thanksgiving-theme birth announcements if your LO was born toward the end of the month!

http://www.baby-announcements.com/th...uncements.html

They might be a little cutesy/corny, but since we got a true Thanksgiving baby, we had to do it! We went with the one with the orange font. They were just delivered yesterday and they came out really cute! We didn't need one with a picture though, since we're enclosing them with our Christmas cards and those have a family photo on them.

Kerriintactlact.gif blessed single mama to Teresa 8/2/02blahblah.gif, Madeleine 5/28/04dust.gif, Andrew 6/25/06jammin.gif, and Isabelle ribboncesarean.gif11/27/08energy.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page