Anybody Want Another Yet? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 27 Old 12-10-2008, 05:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know the Nov. mamas who are still waiting are going to flame me, but I already want another baby! My one month old seems so big already
And all this amidst craziness: dh and I both trying to work, a 2.5 yo dd who needs tons of attention, financial worries, a messy house, no time for myself. It must be the hormones!
I know if we do have another it'll be many more months before we ttc, but motherhood must be in my soul! Well, I am a cancer...
Anybody else?
#2 of 27 Old 12-10-2008, 06:32 PM

I'm a cancer too...

When I was in the depths of the hormones and baby blues...yeah, I grieved that I can't have any more children (got my tubes tied the next day, planned it that way 6 months out, was given the option to wait until my 6 week check up, but knew that if I waited that long I'd back out). I really really really wanted another baby at that point. Or, maybe more specifically, I wanted another pregnancy, another miracle like that.

Now, that I've pretty much moved out of the worst of the hormones, I'm ok with it. Logic has returned, and all those reasons that we decided to not have any more children permanently are still there (most of them health related, my husband has cancer, and a genetic thing that causes cancer that potentially would be passed onto 50% of his children, and there are others).

So, it was a good decision. But, yeah, I'm missing the excitment and newness of pregnancy! Love'n the baby thought! He's a wonder.

"Listen, are you breathing just a little and calling it a life?"~Mary Oliver

RT knitting mama  to 3 (& 8 who didn't make it) wife working on 13 years to a silly man who drives me crazy.
#3 of 27 Old 12-10-2008, 07:34 PM

we definitely want another!
#4 of 27 Old 12-10-2008, 07:41 PM

Definitely want another... also a cancer! Hahaha

Mama to DS R (June/06), DD K (September/07), DS M (October/08), DD R (June/09)... waiting for #5 in late 2013!!

#5 of 27 Old 12-10-2008, 08:36 PM

Yes and no... we said we were 90% sure this was our last, but oh, I can't bear the thought of not having another baby. I thought for sure I'd be sad to not have another pregnancy or birth, but I can handle the thought of that. Not so the thought of never have another little tiny babe! So of course my mind has tried to figure out if maybe, just maybe...

Kash, homeschooling mommy to Gillian (8/5/00) and Jacob (3/23/05)
and Brigid Eleanor (11/20/08)
#6 of 27 Old 12-10-2008, 09:22 PM

We were talking about this the other day. We want another one but not for another year and a half to two years. The pregnancy and birth was hard of me physically and emotionally so I need time to recover before having another one.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#7 of 27 Old 12-10-2008, 11:05 PM

I thought I was 100% sure this would be our last. But it is hard knowing this is the last time I'll have such a tiny one to marvel over. So now I'm down to just 99% sure. But actually, even though this newborn stage has been sooooo much easier for me than my first, I am still looking forward to the time when she can walk on her own, play a little by herself, and just not need to be attached to me 24/7. It wears on me a little to not be able to jump up and do whatever because I've got her in the sling or in my arms all the time.

Quoteriginally Posted by littlehaloSAHMama to Dylan 08/12/05 & Delia 11/04/08 , and
#8 of 27 Old 12-11-2008, 02:10 AM

i was ready to do it all again 5 minutes after she was out!
#9 of 27 Old 12-11-2008, 11:40 AM

Oh yeah! With DC#1 I didn't start cycling again till 14 months, but part of me really wants my cycles to start sooner than that. We won't be actively doing anything to avoid, and while we have verbally said that we hope another baby doesn't come for another couple years, I secretly hope I'm pregnant within a year! did I really just say that out loud?? with the crappy pregnancy and hellish labor I went through?? My husband would think I'm NUTS!

Jesus-loving wife to my best friend and love of my life , mama to my boys and and our little one, who was blessed enough to go straight into the arms of God (11/09)
#10 of 27 Old 12-11-2008, 11:57 AM

lol I think having an easy newborn makes you want to have another!
#11 of 27 Old 12-11-2008, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TefferTWH View Post
I had to laugh, its past midnight over here and Ive been going on four hours of interrupted sleep for the past month. The four days she was in the NICU I got maybe half an hour of sleep a night. I don't deal well without getting much sleep. I think she might be getting a little colicy since shes been crying around the same time every night for the past week for at least 1-2 hours.
My first was a ton easier to deal with and with her I didn't even think of having another until she was almost 10 months old.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#12 of 27 Old 12-11-2008, 12:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TefferTWH View Post
So true for me!
#13 of 27 Old 12-11-2008, 01:01 PM

I definitely feel like I want another...DH is not positive, and I understand his reasoning-right now with the two girls as my DH phrases it: we can do man to man coverage, if we were to have more babies we would have to move to zone defense lol, and he is not positive we need to go there. Although he readily admits that he loves having babies and is positive he will miss it-so who knows! I personally *know* we will have more as everytime I mention us using condoms or some other kind of prevention (not birth control atm as I am breastfeeding) he hems and haws about all the downsides and we end up dtd unprotected, lol.

All this and I'm a sagitarius

Kellylady.gif, married to the love of my life, Denpeace.gif , DD1 5/07dust.gif , 11/07, DD2 10/08modifiedartist.gif , DDS 8/10jammin.gif, expecting our next blessing this winter!

#14 of 27 Old 12-11-2008, 05:19 PM

i don't think i want another, but at the same time i'm sad i won't have any more.

Mama to 3 kids. We live in a yurt!
#15 of 27 Old 12-11-2008, 06:04 PM

I felt that way after DD1 and DD2. Although, we swore up and down that we were done after DD2. I definitely do not feel that way this time. I am for sure done with being pregnant and giving birth. Four girls is plenty for our home. DH also got fixed three days before this one's birth.

Mama to Ava (12/03) , Leila (4/06) , Violet (11/08) , and bonus mama to Madison (7/98)
#16 of 27 Old 12-11-2008, 07:29 PM

It is so funny you posted about this. As I finally got the courage to see the birth videos and photos, a part of me wanted to go through the excitement of welcoming another lo even after the 5 weeks of bedrest and very difficult L&D and afterbirth. BUT, I know we are done. I am ready to move on.

I am sooooo enjoying my little boy and so in love. I hold and love him up a so much, trying to treasure this time.

Mindfully parenting DD 8/04 & DS 11/08, Human beings are the only mammals who do not nurse their offspring to full term.
#17 of 27 Old 12-11-2008, 07:32 PM

yes! i wanted one the day after....we're waiting a year but i wish it were sooner

nak

Mama to expecting Babe 2
#18 of 27 Old 12-12-2008, 11:04 AM

Yes! My cycle returned to normal when DD was about 16 months old, I'm hoping it happens earlier this time.

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
always missing our angel1.gif (11/04, 4/07, 8/07, 5/10)
#19 of 27 Old 12-13-2008, 04:55 PM

lol...after I gave birth I couldn't believe anyone ever had more than one kid. I think my exact words were, "if she wants a sibling, we're adopting the next one!"

Time erases the pain, I know!
#20 of 27 Old 12-13-2008, 11:55 PM

Also a cancer

I do want another two, but this time I am hoping AF stays away until Jasper is at least 18mths PP so I won't be tempted - AF returned right before 6mths w/ Adrian despite the ebf, no pacis or soothers, and we were ttc again when he was 8mths.

I really think it would be smarter to wait (financially, physically and emotionally!), and to have a bigger age gap (3-4 years as opposed to 2.5) because there are things I want to do for my health - a detox and removal of mercury fillings etc, that aren't possible while nursing. I have been pg and/or nursing for 3.5 years straight now, another reason a break would be good. Buuuut...

...that's just the logical side of me. Emotionally, I already know it's going to kill me to wait, hence the wishing AF will stay away and make it impossible (unless we caught the first egg lol). As soon as AF is back I will be itching to ttc again, and though it took 14mths, + vitex and progesterone to stay pg with Jasper, who knows what will happen this time. I also think I will be devastated once the baby days are over, so spreading the kids out a little more may help with that.

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

#21 of 27 Old 12-14-2008, 01:25 AM

Oh yes!!! My mom actually said to me "you are the only person I know to start talking about the next baby a few days after having the newest one". I can't help it! I have always wanted a big family.

Tara--mama to Riley (9/01) Nolan (4/04) and Finnegan (11/08). Unschooling Rocks!!!
#22 of 27 Old 12-15-2008, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkiMom View Post
We were talking about this the other day. We want another one but not for another year and a half to two years. The pregnancy and birth was hard of me physically and emotionally so I need time to recover before having another one.
I understand! DH and I love kids, and dreamed of having a big family. Now I just don't think I ever want to go through that again. I love Pj with all my soul, but I just don't think I can face even the posibility of a repeat c/s, my birth experience was so traumatic, and I can't even think about having another child right now. I told DH maybe in a couple years I might want to try again. Until then, I'm going to hold my baby as much as I can, becuase I wouldn't be surprised if he's my only one.

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
And we are joyfully awaiting a new addition in April 2011! <><
#23 of 27 Old 12-17-2008, 04:00 AM

I was talking about number 2 in the delivery room.

obstruct livery vehicles

#24 of 27 Old 12-17-2008, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdymom View Post
I understand! DH and I love kids, and dreamed of having a big family. Now I just don't think I ever want to go through that again. I love Pj with all my soul, but I just don't think I can face even the posibility of a repeat c/s, my birth experience was so traumatic, and I can't even think about having another child right now. I told DH maybe in a couple years I might want to try again. Until then, I'm going to hold my baby as much as I can, becuase I wouldn't be surprised if he's my only one.
Time really does heal some hurts. I hope it helps with yours.

#25 of 27 Old 12-17-2008, 03:01 PM

God Bless you ladies with three, four, five, and more kids. I am having a really hard time with two. And although sleep deprivation has alot to do with it right now, I am just worn out. I get excited when ANYONE comes over because my only contact for almost 10 hours a day is a 15 month old, a newborn and a computer. Am i a terrible mother?
#26 of 27 Old 12-17-2008, 06:47 PM

no, not a terrible mother. having 3 is great because the big ones are 10 & 7 i wouldnt want too many too close together

"Listen, are you breathing just a little and calling it a life?"~Mary Oliver

RT knitting mama  to 3 (& 8 who didn't make it) wife working on 13 years to a silly man who drives me crazy.
#27 of 27 Old 12-22-2008, 01:06 AM

We definitely want more, several more - I'm one of those people who won't willingly stop having babies until I hit menopause! And then, I plan to work on DH to try to convince him to adopt! I've always wanted a very big family, and I just can't ever imagine feeling "done" the way many of my friends do. No matter how many babies I have, I can't imagine the last one, KWIM? Never being pg again, or nursing again....but that's just me

Anyway, I don't get my cycle back for 12-15 months typically, so it's not like it's going to happen tomorrow or anything. Which is a good thing, since our circumstances are not what they used to be at the moment (DH is still unemployed since his layoff, and our house hasn't sold so we're still living with my mother). I usually start hoping for another pretty early on, but my unexpected c/s this time might make me want to wait a little longer, too - I am definitely committed to a VBAC so I want to do whatever I can to increase the chances of going back to vaginal deliveries from now on, so I think they recommend at least 2 years in between?

Nerdymama, I'm sorry you're feeling so traumatized by your birth experience and I hope that time heals that for you.....I remember you talking about how much you wanted a bunch of kids before. I was very upset by my c/s too - I don't think I'd personally go as far as to say traumatized in my case, but certainly shocked and scared and very upset and disappointed and a bunch of other feelings. But for me, there's nothing that could happen to me that would make me not want more kids. So anyway, I hope that you are able to work through this eventually and maybe one of these days you and I will end up in another DDC together and celebrate our successful VBACs, right?!

Kerriintactlact.gif blessed single mama to Teresa 8/2/02blahblah.gif, Madeleine 5/28/04dust.gif, Andrew 6/25/06jammin.gif, and Isabelle ribboncesarean.gif11/27/08energy.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page