Anyone pregnant again already? Or trying? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 22 Old 12-30-2008, 11:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Notice, a TMI thread, lol

Not that I'm trying, but we've just been "relying on breastfeeding" for birth control. I didn't start cycling again with DC#1 tll 14 mos. postpartum. About a week or week and a half ago I noticed blood-tinged, egg-white-like cervical mucous. I never had that when I was cycling, or with implantation when I got pregnant last time, but I remembered from what others said on the TTC board, and what the Taking Charge of Your Fertility book said about that, and I'm a bit nervous! According to books, etc., it either means I'm pregnant, or I was "extremely fertile". We were on vacation and, well, stuff happened quite a bit

I would be really sad getting pregnant right now because my baby now would still be a baby when the next one was born, and he wouldn't get what I would want to give him. My firstborn got 6 years of time without siblings, and this one would only get about 10 or 11 months before he wasn't "the baby" anymore I know I would get used to the idea, though, and would eventually get excited about having "irish twins", but I would just much rather wait a while for baby #3!

SO, has anyone else been dealing with this? Anyone else actively TRYING for another baby yet, or have plans for that in the near future?

Jesus-loving wife to my best friend and love of my life , mama to my boys and and our little one, who was blessed enough to go straight into the arms of God (11/09)
#2 of 22 Old 12-30-2008, 03:06 PM

When is it ok to test with a HPT? I would think after 4-6 weeks one should be able to.

Hang in there momma!
#3 of 22 Old 12-30-2008, 03:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We're hoping for it to happen quickly - although maybe not quite this quickly - I want to lose some more weight first.

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

#4 of 22 Old 12-30-2008, 04:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by two bricks shy View Post
When is it ok to test with a HPT? I would think after 4-6 weeks one should be able to.

Hang in there momma!
It's been less than 2 weeks since I noticed the blood-tinged stuff. Because of the cost of a test (and wanting to make sure it's not a false negative), I'm going to wait at least until this weekend, hopefully I'll be able to wait longer, though, just to make sure!

Jesus-loving wife to my best friend and love of my life , mama to my boys and and our little one, who was blessed enough to go straight into the arms of God (11/09)
#5 of 22 Old 12-30-2008, 08:00 PM

good luck mama!

Liz, wife to John, mom to Dylan and my giant slug zocha :
#6 of 22 Old 12-31-2008, 12:51 AM

We are done, no more babies for me.

I hope that whatever happens it is in the best good for your whole family!

"Listen, are you breathing just a little and calling it a life?"~Mary Oliver

RT knitting mama  to 3 (& 8 who didn't make it) wife working on 13 years to a silly man who drives me crazy.
#7 of 22 Old 12-31-2008, 01:49 AM

Sounds like it could just be your fertility ramping up. I have had some spotting and some crampy, period-like feelings, along with some sticky CM. I got my PPAF back at around 9 weeks postpartum with my second baby, and I have been feeling like I might get it back early this time, too. I don't think I'm fertile right now but I know I couldn't rely on the rules for lactational ammenorrea. Sounds like you can't, either.

So I guess you just have to be very cautious if you don't want to be pregnant again right away. I definitely would NOT want to get pregnant before my youngest was a year old... pregnancy really really messes with breastfeeding and personally causes my milk to dry up after 4 months, so if nursing for a while is important to you then avoid pregnancy!

I'm sure we're done having kids, but DH has not had a vasectomy yet and we aren't doing anything for birth control. I'm just hoping that breastfeeding a newborn will be enough and in the meantime we need to make the vas appointment.

Mama to 3 kids. We live in a yurt!
#8 of 22 Old 12-31-2008, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustineM View Post
pregnancy really really messes with breastfeeding and personally causes my milk to dry up after 4 months, so if nursing for a while is important to you then avoid pregnancy!

That would be the worst part of it all! I would be absolutely devastated if my milk dried up. I nursed DC#1 for over 4 yrs!

#9 of 22 Old 12-31-2008, 12:58 PM

Gosh, certainly not trying here! I would be devastated too about not being able to bf! I'm tandem nursing, and loving it!:

~Natalie~
LLL Leader, IBCLC, marathoner, mom of 2 (maybe 3 one day!)

#10 of 22 Old 12-31-2008, 03:35 PM

We're not actively trying either, but I too have noticed some spotting...my lochia had stopped awhile ago. So, I'm not quite sure what this is, but I have been feeling "in the mood" lately (with DD #1 it was 18 months before it returned! If only I can be that lucky this time around!)

Summer: crafty mama to 2 little girls and wife to Bob
#11 of 22 Old 12-31-2008, 03:45 PM - Thread Starter

my biggest concern would be my milk supply. It's very abundant right now, but you never know what the hormones might do. I would seriously be heartbroken.

#12 of 22 Old 12-31-2008, 11:24 PM

We're not trying yet and no obvious return of fertility. Personally, I think anything less than 9 months before TTC is really hard on your body. A friend had several early miscarriages that way while she was nursing, mostly because her hormone levels were too low to allow good implantation.

You can buy reliable preg tests at the dollar store....
#13 of 22 Old 01-01-2009, 02:45 AM

Oh, I love those dollar tree pregnancy tests! Cheap, and fast!

"Listen, are you breathing just a little and calling it a life?"~Mary Oliver

RT knitting mama  to 3 (& 8 who didn't make it) wife working on 13 years to a silly man who drives me crazy.
#14 of 22 Old 01-01-2009, 08:52 AM

Now that I know how fertile I really am (ds1 and ds2 are 14 months apart) we are being VERY careful. I love my boys to DEATH, but I am sooooo done for a while. God bless those families with 12 and 13 kids. (I have been watching a ton of TLC latley) Not sure how they do it, and not sure I want to know. lol!
#15 of 22 Old 01-01-2009, 12:16 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I have gone 18 months after each of my last births before af came back, Im thinking it will be the same again. We will probably use NFM or FAM, coupled with my lactation amenorrea and condoms for backup....I can't believe Im even thinking 1 more. I usually feel that way post-partum cause the babies are so cute and Im all blissed out on my new mama hormones. Not that it's not hard though! I have nursed for 3 years the last 3 babes so I don't want to skip out on that either.
#16 of 22 Old 01-04-2009, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurnur View Post
I can't believe Im even thinking 1 more.
:

I said before I got pregnant and all through the pregnancy that I was 99% sure I was done. I said that for about, oh, two hours postpartum.

Now I'd say we're leaning heavily towards "just one more," but assuring ourselves that that would be the last one. 99% sure of that.

I have this feeling that we're going to end up with more than we planned for sure... I'm only 28 and even spacing them around four years apart, well... you can all do the math!

Kash, homeschooling mommy to Gillian (8/5/00) and Jacob (3/23/05)
and Brigid Eleanor (11/20/08)
#17 of 22 Old 01-04-2009, 01:04 PM - Thread Starter

no period yet. I took a test several days ago, the were negative, but then I realized it would be way too early to tell (if the signs I had were ovulation signs then i would have only been like 7 days post ovulation). So now I'm just not doing anything. Too nervous to take a test, feeling like I'm definitely not pregnant, but if I don't get my period, then what did those signs mean if not pregnancy?

Anyone know other things it could have been?

#18 of 22 Old 01-04-2009, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFlower View Post
nToo nervous to take a test, feeling like I'm definitely not pregnant, but if I don't get my period, then what did those signs mean if not pregnancy?

Anyone know other things it could have been?
fair warning from God?

i think i have my hands full w/dylan. dh won't come near me without protection. he loves, loves, LOVES his boy, but the cost of daycare looming before us...*shudder*
i think dylan should hold us for a while. but if something should happen, we'll adjust. i was a whoopsie baby, so's my boy. it's almost a legacy at this point.

Liz, wife to John, mom to Dylan and my giant slug zocha :
#19 of 22 Old 01-05-2009, 01:00 AM

I can't wait to be pg again, but I know it won't happen for a little while - I don't get my cycle back for 12-15 months at least. And I think that's probably best - I wouldn't want to jeopardize my milk supply either, and since I unexpectedly ended up with a c/s this time & want to go back to vaginal deliveries, having a little time in between will probably up my chances for a VBAC, from what I've read. But I hope to get pg again around the time I usually do, when DD is somewhere between 1 and 2, so they're somewhere around 2 to 2 1/2 years apart. Seems to work well for us!

I do have to say that I can't wait to DTD again, though! My 6-week check is coming up, but even once I get the "all clear" we have the issue of living in my mom's house at the moment, all 6 of us in one guest room, which isn't exactly a setup conducive to romance with DH....LOL

Kerriintactlact.gif blessed single mama to Teresa 8/2/02blahblah.gif, Madeleine 5/28/04dust.gif, Andrew 6/25/06jammin.gif, and Isabelle ribboncesarean.gif11/27/08energy.gif

#20 of 22 Old 01-05-2009, 08:33 PM

Greenflower, it's probably your hormones changing and fluctuating and causing your system to ramp up again. If you are getting ANY kind of fertile cm (cervical mucus) then be extremely careful. Have you read Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler? That is really interesting and will tell you all you need to know about your body's fertile signs and cycles. Basically if you have any fertile CM, you can't rely on breastfeeding as birth control.

I have had mostly sticky CM, which is not fertile mucus, but it is a sign that things are changing. I have had a patch of fertile cm, which is a BIG sign that fertility could be returning, along with some spotting.

Mama to 3 kids. We live in a yurt!
#21 of 22 Old 01-07-2009, 04:42 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I just took a pg test (figured it's been at least 2 weeks since I noticed the blood-tinged mucous) and it was negative. Woohoo!!

So I guess I'm in the clear...for now, lol. Now on to figure out how to make sure I don't get a positive anytime soon.

#22 of 22 Old 01-07-2009, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFlower View Post
Well, I just took a pg test (figured it's been at least 2 weeks since I noticed the blood-tinged mucous) and it was negative. Woohoo!!

So I guess I'm in the clear...for now, lol. Now on to figure out how to make sure I don't get a positive anytime soon.
gratz mama. I recommend Encare - it's both a physical barrier and a spermicide. You can insert it up to an hour before DTD and you don't have to take it back out, because it kinda melts.

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
And we are joyfully awaiting a new addition in April 2011! <><

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page