Introductions - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 149 Old 03-14-2008, 12:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Name:Ashley
Screen Name:Pookie
Other Children: DD, born 5/05 via cesarean and DS, born 2/07 via vagina!
Due Date:November 23, 2008
Where do you live: Missouri
A brief intro: We're really excited to welcome number 3 to the crazy mix I'm bursting to just tell everyone I see but we've decided to wait till Mother's Day. I hope to go to the Birthing Center and have a Water Birth but we are still working through insurance issues. I'm sure everything will work out just fine though. We're just so, so excited!

In love with the Hubs (6-03) & : Kookie Pookie Girl (c/s 5-05) & Bouncy Big Boy (vbac 2-07) & : Miss Cheeky Cheeks (hbac 11-08) 100*90* 100lbs = Las Vegas : Almost there!
#62 of 149 Old 03-15-2008, 05:48 AM

Name: Liv
Screen Name:
clavicula
Other Children:
Nora will be 3 in July, Sara is 11 mo
Due Date:
22-ish
Where do you live:
in the EU
A brief intro: ie, partner, breastfeeding and birth choices, other things going on in life, work, school, etc.

I introduced myself here.

Liv, SAHM of 3 kiddos 

#63 of 149 Old 03-15-2008, 12:09 PM

Name:Shelley
Screen Name:ShelleyD
Other Children: My dd peanut who is 2
Due Date:11-21
Where do you live:Southeast MI
A brief intro: Dh and I have been married for 3 years. Peanut was born in a FSBC on Christmas day 2005. She is still cosleeping and still nursing. Looking forward to getting to know you all.
#64 of 149 Old 03-15-2008, 06:18 PM

Hi ladies, may I jump aboard?
Name: Jessica
Screen Name: Brookie
Other Children: Brooke (10months)
Due Date: November 5th
Where do you live: San Antonio, TX
A brief intro: I have been married for 2 wonderful years to a great husband. We got a BFP 3 months after our wedding, but sadly m/c at 8 weeks. 3 months later, we conceived our DD and had her last May via c-section due to ceph. disproportion, so of course I would love to V BAC this one, but our doctor, who we love, will not do one. Thus, I'm pretty sure it will be another c-section. Loved BFeeding and hoping to carry it further with this baby. I will be a SAHM after this school year, so it will be much easier to get the BF'dg down. Hoping for a blessed, smooth 8 months ahead, but I'm prepared for any suprises. Had a wonderful first pregnancy except that I gained 50lbs. I did lose it all, so I am going to be better this time.
#65 of 149 Old 03-15-2008, 11:11 PM

Name: Emilie
Screen Name: PNWmama
Other Children: DS 17 months
Due Date: Mid-November
Where do you live: Oregon Coast
A brief intro: I'm a SAHM, married to my Dh for 2 1/2 years (though we've been together for almost 12 years now). I'm still nursing my ds and am praying that my milk doesn't dry up and he's forced to wean before he's ready . My ds has multiple food allergies and I'm hoping by avoiding those foods during this pregnancy that our next child won't have allergies as well. Ds is still co-sleeping...don't know yet if we'll try to change that or not before this next baby comes! This pregnancy was a surprise, but we are really excited!

knit.gifmama to my boy autismribbon.gif (9/06) and my girl (3/09) and surprise 1sttri.gif due in May!

#66 of 149 Old 03-16-2008, 02:58 AM

Name: Kerri
Screen Name: BundleFishMama
Other Children: DD 5.5, DD 3.5, and DS 20 months
Due Date: Either Nov. 25 or Nov. 27, my chart was weird this cycle so there are two possible days I could have ovulated!
Where do you live: Tucson, Arizona - just moved in January from the Philadelphia area
A brief intro: ie, partner, breastfeeding and birth choices, other things going on in life, work, school, etc: DH Steve and I have been married for 6.5 years, I am a SAHM mom now, tandem-nursing (so might end up triandem-nursing!)

Kerriintactlact.gif blessed single mama to Teresa 8/2/02blahblah.gif, Madeleine 5/28/04dust.gif, Andrew 6/25/06jammin.gif, and Isabelle ribboncesarean.gif11/27/08energy.gif

#67 of 149 Old 03-16-2008, 07:39 PM

Screen Name: Elowyn
Other Children: none
Due Date: November 26th
Where do you live: the Midwest
A brief intro: I'm a single mother by choice and conceived using IVF and donor sperm. I'm an emergency room physician assistant working nights. I love to knit, cross-stitch, scrapbook, garden, can, etc. Martha Stewart without the snooty attitude. I have a Scottish Terrier (see my sig) and am absolutely petrified about whether this pregnancy will stick. And about whether it will be twins.

AP-wise, I'm strongly pro-BF, pro-intact, cloth diapering. I'll probably delayed/selectively vax and haven't decided about cosleeping yet (given my night job, babe will have sitters at night 3 nights/week.) I'm hoping to use a FSBC if it's a singleton (or if they'll take me with twins) otherwise as natural as possible at the hospital.

crafty mama to Chloe and Emma (10/08) and Piper
emergency medicine PA and single mother by choice
#68 of 149 Old 03-16-2008, 08:58 PM

Name: Katie
Screen Name: E's Mama
Other Children: DS 6 years
Due Date: 11/8/08
Where do you live: Western NY
A brief intro: Married to high school sweetheart for 6 years- together much longer if you do the math. I work full time as a Community Health Nurse, but plan to cut back or quit once new baby arrives if fiancially possible.
I plan to deliver in a HBC and we'll have the same midwife who caught our son. I am so glad to find this site and meet everyone!
#69 of 149 Old 03-17-2008, 02:54 PM

Name: Be
Screen Name: bemommy
Other Children: Liberty 12/31/02 and Henry 3/17/07 (today is his birthday)
Due Date: November 18th
Where do you live: Massachusetts
A brief intro: Totally not expecting that I would be back on a DDC. Actually a little bit freaked. My ds turned 1 today and it took so long and so much emotional energy to conceive him I just couldn't imagine that I would be able to conceive easily. . while nursing. . when only having sex 1-2 times a month For now I'm just waiting to see if it's trule a viable pregnancy or not.

I think I'm glad to be here It's a bunch of thought that are going to take awhile to get use to.

Be, happy momma to Liberty (12-31-02), Henry (3-17-07) and Prudence (7-02-09)
#70 of 149 Old 03-17-2008, 04:26 PM

Name: Katie
Screen Name:Katielady
Other Children: Jamie, 21 months
Due Date: Nov 25
Where do you live: Westchester, NY
A brief intro I've been married to a great guy for 4 years, together for 10. I'm a SAHM to my 21-month-old son Jamie. He was born via c-section; I had a lovely natural labor and then was sectioned for "failure to descend and fetal distress" during second stage. I'm hoping for a VBAC this time and will probably try for a home birth. I had one miscarriage last August, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this one is a sticky. Oh and I'm also a novice birth doula. And thumbs up for breastfeeding. I nursed my son for a year and it was the most meaningful experience of my life. Can't wait to nurse again.

SAHM to 6.5yo DS and 4yo DD. PCOS with two early m/cs. Married 8 yrs. Certified birth doula, writer, editor.

Some stuff I like: hbac.gifteapot2.GIFeat.gifnocirc.gifbftoddler.giffemalesling.GIFcrochetsmilie.gif read.gifcat.gif

#71 of 149 Old 03-18-2008, 01:15 AM

Name: Kelsey

Screen Name: Hattifattener

Other Children: Lucy, age 3.5

Due Date: Nov. 17

Where do you live: Portland, OR

A brief intro: We're breastfeeders, into natural birth, anti-circ, etc. etc. (But don't you hate trotting out your qualifications? It always makes me feel like I'm trying to prove something to someone. ) I'm a SAHM working on a novel while DH attends med school. We've had two miscarriages already, and it's really hard for me to trust in and enjoy this pregnancy. So anyone who's a praying type, send some our way!!!
#72 of 149 Old 03-18-2008, 02:33 AM

Name: Annie
Screen Name: railyuh
Other Children: DS, he just turned 2
Due Date: Nov 3rd
Where do you live: Oregon coast
A brief intro: ie, partner, breastfeeding and birth choices, other things going on in life, work, school, etc. DH and I have been married for almost 4 years, I'm still nursing our toddler and I am hoping to tandem nurse. We really want a homebirth this time so I'm very excited about that and am in the process of finding and choosing a midwife.
#73 of 149 Old 03-18-2008, 06:15 PM

Screen Name: goodheartedmama
Name: Erin
Other Children: Ethan and Bella
Due Date: Mid-late November, I think
Where do you live: Lexington, KY
Brief into: I will be having 3 under 3! I had some issues with my last pregnancy (rh sensitization and preterm labor, but the PTL was because my first 2 are so close together). I'm planning my first home birth!
#74 of 149 Old 03-18-2008, 07:24 PM

I am Emily
my screenname is Arismama!

I am apparently due November 26th but my son was 11 days past due so I think this one might be "past due" too, it seems to run in my family.
I have one son age 6 and two stepsons ages 5 and 7.

I breastfed my son, now age 6 until he was 5, he still cosleeps half-time, I'm into Traditional Foods and raw milk, I am a sahm and am exited to have a baby with my wonderful DH, we have been married about 8 months!

I want a homebirth but DH is freaked by even the mention of it so we'll see.
#75 of 149 Old 03-18-2008, 08:46 PM

Momma to Teo born March 2010 and fur babies:. Devoted wife to "Hubby of the Year."
#76 of 149 Old 03-19-2008, 02:47 PM

Name: Amber
Screen Name: Ambotchka
Other Children: Elizabeth, 19 months old
Due Date: mid-November?
Where do you live: Southern Maryland
A brief intro: Hi! I joined mothering.com back when I was pregnant the last time and the DDC was a life-saver! (Or at least a mind-saver.)

I'm still nursing a few times a day...and I'm supposed to be writing my second novel while my DD naps, but now...I takes naps as well.

We had a perfectly normal pregnancy and delivery the last time (unmedicated natural birth in a hospital) and hope to have the same this go around. :-)
#77 of 149 Old 03-19-2008, 03:45 PM

Name: Vanessa
Screen Name: MommyinMN
Other Children: Caitlin 4, Ben 2
Due Date: Nov. 11th
Where do you live: Twin cities
A brief intro: My husband, Joe and I have been married for 5 1/2 years. I am pro breastfeeding but have had difficulty in the past due to a medical condition. I did make it past a year though with both children with a lot of work. I am hoping for a smoother time this time around,my goal is 18 months (which is how long I was able to nurse my son), would love to go longer. I had an unmedicated hospital birth with my second child and I am trying to repeat that this time. I did have an epidural with my first baby, which was also a great experience. We baby wear and will be cloth diapering for the first time with this baby.
#78 of 149 Old 03-20-2008, 08:02 AM

Name: Shelley
Screen Name: Owensma
Other Children: Owen (4.5), Jared 21mos
Due Date: Nov 16/08
Where do you live: SW Ontario, Canada
A brief intro: I'm an RN, staying at home to raise my children. DH and I have been married for 7 years. Still nursing DS2, for now... We're on board with most NFL practises and our parenting style is AP (oh, how I loathe that term, and these 'qualifications')
#79 of 149 Old 03-20-2008, 11:49 AM

Name: Lynsey
Screen Name: Mom2baldie
Other Children: Riley, 10 yrs; Paityn, 6 yrs; Naiya, 3.5 yrs
Due Date: Nov. 20
Where do you live: N. Texas
A brief intro: My husband and I have been married for 8 years. I am basically a SAHM, though I also do birth photography with several area midwives between 2-5 times a month. I had my 1st child by cesarean, my 2nd by VBAC, my 3rd by home waterbirth and am hoping for another home waterbirth with this baby as well. My youngest child is actually still nursing, but I am not planning to tandem nurse again... I am so pleased to be pregnant again! Can't wait to meet my baby!!
#80 of 149 Old 03-20-2008, 01:05 PM

Name:Nina
Screen Name:the same
Other Children: Elizabeth, born 11/06 via c/s
Due Date: Mid-Nov.
Where do you live: Canada
A brief intro: I'm a f/t WOHM (I'm a video editor) and can't wait for another mat leave My DH is a supervisor in the technical department of a TV station. He's also in the military reserves. For fun we do rock climbing and running, so keeping those up w/ 2 babes is going to be a challenge (although we've managed with one!) I volunteer with a filmmakers co-op and an environmental group and love a good documentary. I'm having this baby with a midwife and hoping for a VBAC - wish me luck. Right now I'm still nursing DD and taking it one day at a time...I could end up tandem nursing here
#81 of 149 Old 03-20-2008, 07:04 PM

Name: Angela

Screen Name: thebeljur

Other Children: Jack (4) & Adeline (almost 2)

Due Date:November 2

Where do you live:Southern California

A brief intro: I'm a happily married SAHM. We co-sleep, breastfeed, sling, & live as holistically as possible. I gave birth to my first at a hospital with an OB. I gave birth to my second at home in the water with a midwife. We're planning our second home birth.

Angela -- mama to Jack (11/03), Adeline (6/06), Ella (11/08), and William (1/11). Accredited Leader: Attachment Parenting International of Orange County.h20homebirth.giffly-by-nursing2.gif homeschool.gif
#82 of 149 Old 03-22-2008, 11:39 PM

Name: Michelle
Screen Name: Mommalilac
Other Children: Erynn 9, Aria 6 & Morgan 2 and sdd Kori 9 Hoping for a boy
Due Date: 11/8/08 which is also my birthday
Where do you live: Western PA
A brief intro: I'm a s/wahm I do graphic arts, sew (diapers, clothes, bags/purses) hair bows & H&B products. I also do volenteer work 12-15 hrs a week Im a Happliy Married Baptist. I have had very high risk pregnancies and several losses Im hoping and praying to have my first water birth (still to be determined if I will even beable to go to the midewife center for birthing) I plan to brestfeed exculsivly has I have for my other children, as well as cloth diaper, co-sleep & babywear.
#83 of 149 Old 03-23-2008, 08:09 PM

Hey everyone!

Name: Heather
Screen Name: OkiMom
Other Children: 1-DD almost 15 months old.
Due Date: Early November.
Where do you live: Okinawa, Japan
A brief intro: Hey! Im Heather, I am a SAHM. Ive been married for almost three years to John. We have a wonder daughter named Elyse. I miscarried in Janurary and took a test the other day and wow Im pregnant again. I have no idea when I will be due since I didn't have a period after the miscarriage (Ive miscarried once previously in Feb 06) and I am still nursing my DD. We are super excited to be expecting and are praying that this baby sticks. Im already feeling more optimistic since I actually feel pregnant this time unlike last time. Depending on the baby's due date he might just be born on mine (Nov 9) or my husbands (Nov 11) birthday.
We live in Okinawa, Japan. My husband is a US Marine and we have been stationed over here for almost a year. We have another two years before we go back to the states. We would really like to do a home birth but it is illegal over here to so I have to go to the hospital and give birth.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#84 of 149 Old 03-24-2008, 01:19 AM

Name:Gen
Screen Name:Smocklets
Other Children:Mary 9, Noah 7, Aidan 4
Due Date:November 27
Where do you live: Ohio
A brief intro: ie, partner, breastfeeding and birth choices, other things going on in life, work, school, etc.
I am a SAHM, we cosleep and practice child led weaning. I have been nursing since 1998. This time around we are considering our first homebirth.
#85 of 149 Old 03-24-2008, 03:49 PM

Name: Marina
Screen Name: PabloHoneySF
Other Children: Matteo 2.5 yrs, Nico 16 months
Due Date: 11/30 ish
Where do you live: Berkeley, CA
A brief intro: SAHM, so happy to be here and meet all of you

Marina, married to one really great guy : and mama to three magical boys- Matteo 8/05, Nico 11/06 and Luca Bean 11/08
#86 of 149 Old 03-24-2008, 07:26 PM

Name: Sarah
Screen Name: lady_ell
Other Children: none
Due Date: early November
Where do you live: Appalachia
A brief intro: I'm a professor and pregnant with my first child. In the span of 10 days, I accepted a tenure track position, put a contract on an 1889 farmhouse in the middle of nowhere, and got a positive pregnancy test. My husband of less than a year is a documentary filmmaker. We're very happy about this pregnancy, but a little overwhelmed right now (it was not planned!). I'd like to have a home birth, but they're illegal here, and the word on the street is that our local hospital (the only one in a 2 hour radius) is big on interventions. So we're trying to stay informed about how to keep this pregnancy and birth as natural as possible.
#87 of 149 Old 03-24-2008, 08:59 PM

Name: Kathryn
Screen Name: ktarsha
Other Children: Sam, just turned 2
Due Date: Around Nov. 18
Where do you live: near Nashville, Tenn.
A brief intro: I'm a former copy editor, now a SAHM. Had a failed pregnancy last fall (blighted ovum) and praying that this one will turn out well. Sam was born by c-section, and although I'm hoping for a VBAC, I'm not sure I'll go through with it; we'll see what happens.
#88 of 149 Old 03-27-2008, 03:52 PM

Name: Julie
Screen Name: snowgirl
Other Children: Anna, 3-1/2
Due Date: Nov. 22
Where do you live: South Burlington, VT
A brief intro: I WAHM part time. My dd is still nursing strong and praying that if it needs to end, that it is directed by her and not me. I have lurking here for almost 2 weeks and worried that someone who knows me and doesn't know I am pg. is reading my post. If you read this, pm me. We have been trying on and off for almost 3 years to ttc #2. I had 3 acupuncture treatments and I swear, that is why I am pregnant. I had a beautiful, fast, unmedicated water birth with Anna. I am hoping the same for #2. I am praying that I do not get placenta accreta again.

Mindfully parenting DD 8/04 & DS 11/08, Human beings are the only mammals who do not nurse their offspring to full term.
#89 of 149 Old 03-27-2008, 09:21 PM

Name: Joanna
Screen Name: MamaChicken
Other Children: DS (9 yo) and DD (11 mo)
Due Date: Nov. 8
Where do you live: Pacific Northwest
A brief intro: ie, partner, breastfeeding and birth choices, other things going on in life, work, school, etc. DH is a firefighter and EMT. I am still nursing DD. I did hypnobabies with DD and it worked beautifully. I work as a construction engineer but haven't been out in the field much lately.

Excited to be here!

Joanna - wife to Mike, mamachicken to Cub(8/98), Kitten (4/07), Dew-man, and Woe-boy(twins, 10/08)
#90 of 149 Old 03-27-2008, 11:23 PM

kristenf
2 girls, nova 8, and sage 3
married to dan
due november 14
live near pittsburgh, pa
nursed both girls for 3 years
wasn't planning this one, kinda freaking out
almost done w/school, but in bad accident and lost a hand, so very worried about mothering this one.
had 1 c-section, then a vbac, so i will be in a hospital but under the care of my awesome midwife, will be nursing, co-sleeping, slinging again.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page