Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Name: Gail
Screen Name: Gailmegan
Other Children: 2 boys (6.5 and 4.5)
Due Date: Nov 28 - Dec 1
Where do you live: DE
A brief intro: ie, partner, breastfeeding and birth choices, other things going on in life, work, school, etc. Married almost 10 years, CLW with both boys and intend to do the same with this babe, deliverig at free-standing birth center, homeschooling and really looking forward to the summer when I'm not as sick and can just enjoy playing with my boys at the pool every day.
#122 of 149 Old 04-30-2008, 03:48 PM

Name: Kathy
Screen Name: yogagirl
Other Children: Edie Tangerine 3 1/2 years
Due Date: November 16
Where do you live: the Kootenays BC, Canada
A brief intro: ie, partner, breastfeeding and birth choices, other things going on in life, work, school, etc. Married to soulmate for six years almost, just recently nightweaned, family bed weaned daughter (making room for baby I guess), I have an etsy shop I recently put on hold due to first trimester lack of energy and have a craft blog that's turned more into a slack blog these days. We live in a strawbale house in a mountain town surrounded by really groovy people. We're planning a home birth again with this one (Edie's birth was really dreamy and was a member here for the November 2004 due date club) and looking forward to twice the fun!
#123 of 149 Old 05-06-2008, 06:50 PM

Name: Mary
Screen Name: armychicmkm
Other Children: None
Due Date: Nov. 10th
Where do you live: Altus, OK
A brief intro: Let's see.... Born and raised in Detroit (suburbs). College grad. from Northern Michigan Univ. with B.S. in Accounting. Married to Joe since Jan. 2007. Working for small C.P.A. firm and going for my Master's degree. Planning on a home birth undecided about water brith still.
#124 of 149 Old 05-07-2008, 06:32 PM

Name: Juanita
Screen Name: Halifax40
Other Children: first pregnancy
Due Date: November 29
Where do you live: Nova Scotia
A brief intro: As you can tell from my posted age I am a "late bloomer" compared to many on here. Oh well at least it has given my husband I lots of time to travel together, etc. Still getting used to the idea that we are going to have a family at this point in our lives (so many of our friends have kids that are well into school or have decided not to have any). Will be a very big change for us. Planning to breastfeed and hoping to have a delivery as free of interventions as possible, but I know one can only plan so much.

Me-46 DH-45 DS born June 2012 TTC#2  July 2008 angel3.gif19 weeks, April 2010 angel1.gif @11 weeks, Sept 2010 angel1.gif @ 7 weeks. Feb 2011 angel1.gifangel1.gif twins @11 weeks. bfinfant.gifcd.gif

#125 of 149 Old 05-08-2008, 06:20 PM

Name: Kim

Screen Name: UnassistedMomma

Other Children: 18 B, 14 G, 11 G, 2 B

Due Date: November 30

Where do you live: Syracuse, NY

A brief intro: We are not super duper crunchy, but definitely way farther off the beaten path then anyone we know IRL. We are blessed to have supportive family for the most part, and the unsupportive part know enough to keep it to themselves. Dad stays home w/ the youngest while running our small farm and I work outside the home. We're looking forward to our 5th baby and 2nd UP/UC! DH and I both are extremely enthusiastic in our belief that pregnancy and birth are non-medical events unless something unusual happens to make it so. DH is very proud of having caught his boy last time and he's very excited to do it again!

dizzy.gif DS1: 10/89 - DD1: 06/94 - DD2: 02/97 - DS2: 12/05 - DS3: 12/08 - DC6: ETA 04/26/12

I'll be 42 when the newest little one is born! Yowza!

#126 of 149 Old 05-18-2008, 02:47 PM

Name: Mindy
Screen Name: Lasater
Other Children: 0
Due Date: November 5, 2008
Where do you live: Texas
A brief intro: I have been married to my wonderful, handsome husband for 1 1/2 years. We are both very excited about this baby! I work at a Life-Care Retirement Center, and I plan to continue working after my maternity leave. I love this site and I am learning a lot!
#127 of 149 Old 05-24-2008, 12:19 PM

Name:Amy
Screen Name: burnindinner
Other Children: 0
Due Date: November 14, 2008
Where do you live: North Carolina
A brief intro: I am a social worker in women's addiction. I am planning a homebirth (which is rebellious in my state...). I feel a little late to the game here on MDC, but looking forward to jumping in. After the baby comes, I plan to be a SAHM.

Mama to Nov '08 and June '10
#128 of 149 Old 05-27-2008, 12:31 AM

Name: Stephanie
Screen Name: TefferTWH
Other Children: Keiran
Due Date: November 8
Where do you live: in MI
A brief intro: been with my husband for 13 years, married for 9, extended BFing (without thrush this time around please), not settled on birth choices yet, SAHM, with two horses and a very old dog!
#129 of 149 Old 05-28-2008, 02:45 PM

Name: MaryBeth
Screen Name: mbnd96
Other Children: DS, 13 months
Due Date: November 14
Where do you live: Central Maine
A brief intro: I'm a SAHM, pregnant with #2. I'm hoping for a homebirth VBAC this time.
#130 of 149 Old 06-03-2008, 12:50 AM

Name: Heather
Screen Name: shhmh
Other Children: 2 DSD-11 & 10, DSS-9, my daughter Adia who was stillborn at 41 weeks in 2003
Due Date: 11/24/08
Where do you live: Las Vegas, NV
A brief intro: ie, partner, breastfeeding and birth choices, other things going on in life, work, school, etc. : Married to DH for 1 year. desire and committed to breastfeeding. CD ing plan, and no circ if its a boy. I want a HB, but may wind up in a Hospital- all depending. I am a social worker with my Master's Degree. I plan on being a SAHM after birth- hopefully a little before...
#131 of 149 Old 06-07-2008, 01:01 AM

Name: Sheri
Screen Name: ma_vie_en_rose
Other Children: DSD Madison (10yo) DD1 Ava (4yo) DD2 Leila (2yo)
Due Date: 11/22/08
Where do you live: Texas
A brief intro: ie, partner, breastfeeding and birth choices, other things going on in life, work, school, etc.

I am married to Daniel. I am an AP mom. I am still BFing DD2 and believe in child-led weaning. I am fortunate enough to be home full time with the brood. I will be having my 3rd planned c-section with this baby because I have a heart conditions that prevent me from laboring. I am currently having to stay on a monitor due to recent issues with it.

Mama to Ava (12/03) , Leila (4/06) , Violet (11/08) , and bonus mama to Madison (7/98)
#132 of 149 Old 06-12-2008, 04:27 AM

Name: Sarah
Screen Name: MarchMummy
Other Children: Stella, age 2
Due Date: 11/12/08
Where do you live: Seattle
A brief intro: DH and I are about to celebrate our 7th anniversary. With DD I had a waterbirth in the hospital with midwives (in the UK), and I'm planning a waterbirth at home this time around.
#133 of 149 Old 06-23-2008, 11:05 AM

Name K
Screenname Darkblue0729
Age 21
Other Children DD#1 (1ish)
Where do you live NY
Brief Intro... Madly in love with and married to DH, proud (just finished breast-feeding) mama to DD#1 who came into the world peacefully via B 5/07, beyond thrilled to be pregnant with DD#2

Kellylady.gif, married to the love of my life, Denpeace.gif , DD1 5/07dust.gif , 11/07, DD2 10/08modifiedartist.gif , DDS 8/10jammin.gif, expecting our next blessing this winter!

#134 of 149 Old 07-02-2008, 03:00 PM

Name: Danielle
Screen Name: danimom2girls1boy
Other Children: Lilli (5), Delaney (1)
Due Date: November 26
Where do you live: Highland, NY
A brief intro: ie, partner, breastfeeding and birth choices, other things going on in life, work, school, etc.
I'm a SAHM engaged to Mark. I am currently breastfeeding my one year old and will also be breastfeeding the new baby as well. I will be having a natural hospital birth as I did with Delaney, unless some unforseen complications arise. I LOVE my OB because he lets me labor the way I want to as opposed to pushing interventions on me.
#135 of 149 Old 07-13-2008, 06:46 AM

Name: Kristy
Screen Name: hislittlelambs
Other Children: 2 girls (5 and 6 yrs) and 1 boy (18 months)
Due Date: Nov 15th
Where do you live: USAF living in England
A brief intro: My husband and I were highschool sweeties, been together 11 years and married 8 of those. We breastfeed, co-sleep, babywear,delay vax, no-circ, and homebirth our babies. (although our 2 girls were hospital born- before I became educated) We will be homebirthing this baby and look forward to starting a 3 year tour in Germany soon after.

Thanks for the welcome! myprevious birthboard is breaking up,so i mosied on over here. (don't know why it took me so long! I found tremendous support on the homebirthing board when I was pregnant with my son)
#136 of 149 Old 07-14-2008, 05:19 AM

Welcome Hislittlelamb! My husband is in the military as well (Marine Corps). We are living in Japan right now. I bet England is a neat place to live!

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#137 of 149 Old 07-22-2008, 12:35 PM

Gulp.

I am posting here to change my mindset. I can feel my doula kicking my a** to do so even as I type! I started out in the Dec 08 DDC because I found out I am due November 29 and because my first was 16 days post-EDD (and perfect, might I add, not post-dates at all), I just assumed that my 2nd would also be late and so set myself up to best come to terms with what I considered to be just the facts, ma'am.

Two recent experiences have prompted me to refocus on my "due date": one, my midwife, whom I respect and trust and who has been a midwife for a very long time, and who also has a high VBAC success rate, told me that if I go past 42 weeks, I have two choices: a gentle induction (but an induction nonetheless) or a new care provider. Doesn't sound like a great option to go with a UC or a new care provider at 42 weeks, and I do like my midwife group. Secondly, my doula's repeated reminder this weekend that this is a different pregnancy, a different child, a different labor and a different birth. Heck, this kid even has different genes than my first - well, half of them anyway (different sperm donor than #1). For all I know, HE MAY COME EARLY. So I am seeing the need to change my thinking and attitude in order to help create a positive outcome.

Ahem, with that very long preamble:

I'm Jen as you can tell from my oh-so-creative username, JenInMpls. You can also glean where I live from that little nugget. I'm 34 and have a nearly 4-year-old son. My partner and I have been together for nearly 10 years; she works at a local non-profit as a computer geek. I am currently on leave from my career as a Waldorf German teacher which is a vocation I love passionately. Our 2nd son is due November 29th. We would love to have Thanksgiving dinner with our midwife and doula celebrating a successful VBAC. We are all for cloth nappies, babywearing, intact boys and organic, local food. I am a low-supply lactivist who is hoping for but not counting on a full milk supply this time (any other Twin Cities mamas out there who might want to pump for me? . My MDC senior title comes from having a 3+ year nursing experience with my first despite low supply, full-time use of an SNS for 15 months, thrush, plugged ducts and mastitis. He weaned himself around Thanksgiving last year and I couldn't believe we made it that far.

Forgive my longwindedness... as others here who are part of my first son's DDC can attest, I am a yacker. look forward to getting to know you all.

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#138 of 149 Old 07-23-2008, 10:48 PM

Name Amy
Screenname firedancr41
Age 29
Other Children Jack, 6-4-07
Where do you live IL
Brief Intro... Married with 1 child living in the Chicago suburbs. Love BWing, reading, scrapbooking and photography. I am also a WAHM mom - started my own wedding planning business. Due with DS #2 in Nov!
#139 of 149 Old 07-24-2008, 08:41 AM

Name: Delilah
Screen Name: magpiedee
Other Children: Cleo Rhys, 8-28-06
Due Date: 11-27 to 12-2, his choice
Where do you live: Atlanta, GA
I've been married to my college sweetheart for 6 years, together for 11. We live in my home town near lots of family. I'm active in our local ICAN chapter after having my first birth go wacky-- after 24 hours of labor and 4 hours of pushing, we found out she was breech, and she was not coming down, so I ended up with a c-section. Surgery and recovery went as well as could be hoped, but i'm working towards a VBAC with a midwife at the crunchiest of the local hospitals. I nursed my daughter until 20 months and am looking forward to another wonderful nursing relationship. I'm an artist and worked in a gallery and in art education until having my daughter. I have an Etsy shop and still paint when I have the energy.

Nice to meet y'all!
#140 of 149 Old 08-05-2008, 06:09 PM

Name: Christie
Screen Name: Christie23
Other Children: I have two angels - lost at 9 weeks and 11 weeks
Due Date: November 28th
Where do you live: Phoenix, Arizona
A brief intro: I am married to Matt who is such a big support for me and my best friend. I will be breastfeeding, co-sleeping, cloth diapering, babywearing, not vaccinating, no circ, and having our bundle of joy at home with a midwife. I am very glad I found this forum as I find it helps me feel educated and more relaxed about the future.
#141 of 149 Old 08-05-2008, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christie23 View Post
I am married to Matt who is such a big support for me and my best friend.
I misread this at first and was like, "Oooh! A polyamorous family! Wow!"

I so silly.

Anyway, welcome!

SAHM to 6.5yo DS and 4yo DD. PCOS with two early m/cs. Married 8 yrs. Certified birth doula, writer, editor.

Some stuff I like: hbac.gifteapot2.GIFeat.gifnocirc.gifbftoddler.giffemalesling.GIFcrochetsmilie.gif read.gifcat.gif

#142 of 149 Old 08-06-2008, 06:35 PM

Screen Name: Shukr
Other Children: 8,7,6,3 - bbgg
Due Date: November ish!!!
Where do you live: UK

I am a sahm with four children who have all been breastfed to different degrees, sometimes tandem, all hospital births due to local policy and my lack of fighting when it came to the crunch. I'm a trainee b'feeding counsellor and peer supporter. We home educate at present, (take each day at a time!).
I loved babywearing and am wondering how I might pull that one off this time round with two babies....have also co slept with all my children so far.

Still in shock

joy.gifspread a lot of love joy.gif

#143 of 149 Old 08-09-2008, 04:08 PM

Name: Danielle
Screen Name: JackiesLadybug
Age:a whopping 21, yes this was planned, yes i am married!
Other Children: one DSS in Canada, will be 5 in november!
Due Date: November 9th
Where do you live: San Diego, CA
A brief intro: Crunchy, no microwave havin, non vaxin, organic eatin, soon-to-be-co-sleepin, excited about breastfeedin wanna-be hippy who lives in the burbs as a SAHW currently, soon to be SAHM. Freaking out the rest of the family seems to be what i'm into, never do it on purpose though!
i was also the first woman in my family to get married BEFORE the baby was conceived! not sure how that happened.
#144 of 149 Old 09-25-2008, 11:15 PM

Name: Aneta
Screen Name: Mandala126
Other Children: Eve 19mo
Due Date: Nov. 13th (it's a Friday!)
Where do you live: Waynesboro, Pa
A brief intro: full time SAHM, part time seamstress. Married to wonderful hubby, Daryl, for 10yrs.

Wife to Daryl 5/98, Mama to Eve 2/07, Lilie 11/08 and Victoria 10/10 --- Our First Water Homebirth. New blessing, Mathias, arrived 8/12 --- Our Second WaterHomebirth. Waiting to welcome baby #5 in May 2014.

#145 of 149 Old 09-27-2008, 08:46 PM

[QUOTE=Jackies Ladybug;11901693]Name: Danielle
Screen Name: JackiesLadybug
Age:a whopping 21, yes this was planned, yes i am married!
QUOTE]

I was 21 when I got married and wanted to start a family right away!! I gave birth right after my 22nd birthday.

Tara--mama to Riley (9/01) Nolan (4/04) and Finnegan (11/08). Unschooling Rocks!!!
#146 of 149 Old 10-01-2008, 11:07 PM

Name: Lou
Screen Name: louloubean
Other Children: waylon who is 2
Due Date: november 12
Where do you live: old chatham ny
married for 3years (shacked up for 13!) SAHM and loving it! breatfed until 14 months with way-baby- he ended it. looking forward to having a little girl!

louloubean in love with bryan, mom of boo squeak and nor nor: and 7 chickens
#147 of 149 Old 10-02-2008, 10:16 AM

Name: Angioletto
Screen Name: Angioletto
Other Children: Son, 2 in October
Due Date: November 27
Where do you live: Ohio
A brief intro: I have been married for 3 years to my awesome hubby. I WOH full time. Our son is the most energetic 2yo I have ever met. We are looking forward to the birth of our daughter in about 8 weeks!
#148 of 149 Old 10-14-2008, 12:59 AM

Name: Krissy
Screen Name: Kye'sMama
Other Children: None...just a furbaby cat
Due Date: Nov 29
Where do you live: COLD idaho
A brief intro: ie, partner, breastfeeding and birth choices, other things going on in life, work, school, etc. Well I go to cosmetology school, this is my first baby, I am single, I plan on BF and plan on a hospital birth..... I love photography and hope to get my degree done in it someday, when life decides that i am able to go back for that. Family is number one to me, don't know where I would be without them.
#149 of 149 Old 10-28-2008, 04:41 PM

I am a student in a 12 month Montessori training course to work with children under the age of three. We are required to do a total of 250 hours of observation of children in this age range. A classmate and I will be in the SF Bay Area for the period of observation, November 1- March 1, and need to connect with families to meet the requirements. 50 of these hours are required, observing infants from birth to 8 weeks. Additionally, we are strongly encouraged to attend a birth, especially a home birth. Ideally, we would also observe a hospital birth too. Since I am new to the area, I am inquiring to see if anyone can connect me with families, or if anyone has any suggestions as to where else I might inquire. I do have a letter from the director of training to explaining my training and requirements should any family request it. Also, I would be happy to meet or talk via telephone to discuss my background further. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Kind regards,
Janette Leslie

Also, I have never posted before so I hope I am OK in this post.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page