Introductions - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 149 Old 02-25-2008, 01:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lets post Intros here so no one gets lost.

First of all, Welcome and Congrats to everyone and lets all have a happy and healthly 9 months.

Name:
Screen Name:
Due Date:
Where do you live:
A brief intro: ie, partner, breastfeeding and birth choices, other things going on in life, work, school, etc.
#2 of 149 Old 02-25-2008, 01:21 PM - Thread Starter

Name: Selena
Screen Name:Selena_ski
Other Children: Delilah, age 18 months
Due Date: Nov 1
Where do you live: Utah, just north of SLC
A brief intro: ie, partner, breastfeeding and birth choices, other things going on in life, work, school, etc. I am currently a student studying Elementary Education. I am married to John. Currently nursing Delilah and would love to tandem nurse. I am planning a home birth this time, I had a birthing center last time. I had a really rough pregnancy last time and this one looks like it is going to be the same. That is all I can think of right now.
#3 of 149 Old 02-25-2008, 01:29 PM

Name: Andrea
Screen Name: andi-mama
Other Children: Roman, 20.5 months old
Due Date: November 1
Where do you live: West coast of BC
A brief intro: ie, partner, breastfeeding and birth choices, other things going on in life, work, school, etc.: I am a SAHM. My DH and I just got married last Saturday- February 16- and I got my positive pregnancy test that morning (at 7DPO, no less)! Roman is still nursing frequently and I'm really hoping that he doesn't wean during my pregnancy. I planned a homebirth last time but transferred due to lack of support () and ended up with an epi at the hospital. This time I am adamant about a homebirth and am better preparing myself with lots of support and lots of research.

Mama to DS R (June/06), DD K (September/07), DS M (October/08), DD R (June/09)... waiting for #5 in late 2013!!

#4 of 149 Old 02-25-2008, 01:41 PM

Name: allie
Screen Name: aladdins lamp
Other Children: mateo, almost 3
Due Date: nov 4, 2008
Where do you live: Texas, soon to move to California
A brief intro: we are a cloth diapering, cosleeping, baby wearing family and i'm hoping for a vbac.
#5 of 149 Old 02-25-2008, 02:11 PM

Name: Michelle
Screen Name: Mrs-Mama
Other Children: William, 23 months
Due Date: Nov 3
Where do you live: Newport News, Virginia
A brief intro: ie, partner, breastfeeding and birth choices, other things going on in life, work, school, etc.
I've been married to my college sweetheart for 3.5 years and I am a SAHM. We are a breastfeeding, CDing, anti-circ family. I absolutely support NCB and wish I could have it for myself. My DS was born at 32w4d by cesarean. He was tranverse, and I ended up with a J-incision on my uterus, so VBAC is not an option for me : Of course, I still hope that labor sneaks up on me and I have the baby in our bathroom or something , but with all my research, I feel that a planned cesarean is the safest option for us : I do feel a little less excited/magical about this PG since I know how it will end, but I will do everything in my power to make my c/s the most gentle that it can be!

Wife to J, SAHM to W (03/06) ribboncesarean.gif at 32w4d, C (10/08) ribboncesarean.gif, and H (02/11) ribboncesarean.gif

#6 of 149 Old 02-25-2008, 02:33 PM

Name: Brooke
Screen Name: Bella Catalina
Other Children: DS Adrian, 22mths
Due Date: November 4
Where do you live: Los Angeles
A brief intro: I'm an Aussie living in Los Angeles with my DH, a film editor, and from London, UK. I'm a SAHM to our little boy, who will be 23mths next week. We're an extended BFing, CDing, BWing, co-sleeping, traditional foods eating (most of the time), no vax family. Our future sons will be left intact (Adrian wasn't and it one of my biggest regrets). Adrian was born at 36+3 so I am hoping this one makes it to 36 weeks as well and that we can have our first homebirth.

I don't have an inkling for gender yet, but DS already knows there is a baby in mummy's belly and he is consistently telling me it's 2 girls, so who knows.

We just m/c on January 16 at 9w4d so I am nervous that this one (or ones lol) won't stay with us, either. We conceived again straight away which is a blessing because it took us 12 months to conceive Bailee.

Looking forward to getting to know you all

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

#7 of 149 Old 02-25-2008, 02:40 PM

Name: Lini
Screen Name: hannybanany
Other Children: DD Hannah, 2.5
Due Date: Nov 3
Where do you live: Georgia
A brief intro: DH and I have been married for almost 4 years, we are an extended bfing, cosleeping, cding, nocirc, novax family. I am a SAHM. I've miscarried 3 times, so I'm not feeling the excitement yet with this pregnancy that I wish I could. We are optimistic though, since I'm on a cocktail of drugs to keep this pregnancy going. I hope to home birth (VBAC), but I'm afraid I'll be too "high risk" for the midwife in my area (with all the meds I'm on, including a blood thinner) My OB is very optimistic about vbac'ing, and supportive of NCB at least, so that's encouraging.

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
always missing our angel1.gif (11/04, 4/07, 8/07, 5/10)
#8 of 149 Old 02-25-2008, 02:47 PM

Name: Sage
Screen Name: Sage
Other Children: 3 daughters
Due Date: Nov. 4
Where do you live: Beautiful British Columbia
A brief intro: ie, partner, breastfeeding and birth choices, other things going on in life, work, school, etc. My hubby and I have been together for 12 years, married for nearly 8. I B/F, and C/D. I work at home, my hubby works in the film industry in Special Abilities and Stunts. We homeschool.
#9 of 149 Old 02-25-2008, 03:20 PM

Name: Natalie
Screen Name: natalieadw
Other Children: Bella 4-5-06
Due Date: November 3, 2008
Where do you live: Montgomery, IL ('burb of Chicago)
A brief intro: My DH is Jeremy, and he is very excited about baby number two! I am still nursing DD, and plan on tandem with new babe. I'm going to have a hb, have to find a mw still that will drive out my way I'm a SAHM, and love every second of it! We practice and embrace all aspects of AP.

ie, partner, breastfeeding and birth choices, other things going on in life, work, school, etc.

~Natalie~
LLL Leader, IBCLC, marathoner, mom of 2 (maybe 3 one day!)

#10 of 149 Old 02-25-2008, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage_SS View Post
Where do you live: Beautiful British Columbia
Me too! Where(ish) in BC? I'm on the island

Mama to DS R (June/06), DD K (September/07), DS M (October/08), DD R (June/09)... waiting for #5 in late 2013!!

#11 of 149 Old 02-25-2008, 05:48 PM

Name: Ashley
Screen Name: AugustineM
Other Children: 1 son (3 1/2), 1 daughter (20 months)
Due Date: Nov. 1
Where do you live: Soutcentral Alaska!
A brief intro: ie, partner, breastfeeding and birth choices, other things going on in life, work, school, etc. DH and I have been married for 5 years, together for 8. We are both from a small town in Alaska and have moved back here after living in Seattle for 7 years. I tandem nursed my first two children, and my younger DC is still nursing. I am not sure if I am up for tandeming again, though. I actually worry that my older DC would be left out!

My first two children were born by unwanted cesareans, and I am really wrestling with this birth. I want a vba2c, and I know I can birth this baby normally, but where I live it is SOOO difficult to get a vbac. I am considering UC.

Mama to 3 kids. We live in a yurt!
#12 of 149 Old 02-25-2008, 07:35 PM

Name:Natasha
Screen Name:Leav97
Other Children: Ariana (3)
Due Date:11/2
Where do you live:Minnesota
Married, breastfeeding my DD bf until ~3, cosleep (starting at 4 months), work full time, husband works from home full time, probably birthing in a hostpital, won't know for sure until end of June but, husband currently scheduled to deploy to Iraq in Jan 2009.
#13 of 149 Old 02-25-2008, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andi-mama View Post
Where do you live: West coast of BC
Mama, I lived on Bowen Island for 3 mths from Aug-Nov last year. I love BC but too cold and wet for me

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

#14 of 149 Old 02-25-2008, 08:14 PM

I live in the lower mainland. I love it here because its so beautiful. I hate it here because we have one season.
RAIN.
There are four subseasons of rain.
We have the warm rainy season that the rest of the world calls Spring.
We have the hot rainy season that the rest of the world calls Summer.
We have the cool rainy season that the rest of the world calls Fall.
And we have a cold rainy season that the rest of the world calls Winter.

The island is pretty too!
#15 of 149 Old 02-25-2008, 09:00 PM

Sage, that's funny about your seasons.

I love BC. I used to live in Seattle and we went to Vancouver all the time.

Mama to 3 kids. We live in a yurt!
#16 of 149 Old 02-25-2008, 09:28 PM

LOL Sage! I know the feeling. We've actually had gorgeous weather for the past week- is it the same on the mainland?

#17 of 149 Old 02-25-2008, 10:02 PM

its been gorgeous here for the last 3 days or so, but its gonna rain for the rest of the week. Of course.
#18 of 149 Old 02-26-2008, 05:31 AM

Name: Katie
Screen Name: Tireesix I think
Other Children: Kaya and Kama
Due Date: 4th November
Where do you live: Devon, UK
A brief intro: This is still so early in the pregnancy..... Ok, I expect we will be tandem feeding again, home birthing, co sleeping....... However, if I start working, DH will be doing most of the care and I will be pumping so he can feed new baby (we are in a very difficult situation, baby is a total surprise!).
#19 of 149 Old 02-28-2008, 06:04 PM

Hi, can I join the DDC ? I've just joined MDC recently although have lurked for several months pre-TTC.

Screen Name: Zimbah
Due date: 2 November (I think)
Where do you live: UK
Intro: This will be my first baby :. I conceived in only the second month after coming off the pill, am delighted it was so quick. I expect will have a hospital/midwife unit birth although hopefully it will be intervention-free although as it's my first I have no idea really. Have been with my husband for almost ten years.
#20 of 149 Old 02-28-2008, 07:09 PM

Zimbah, welcome to MDC and to the Nov DDC!

Wife to J, SAHM to W (03/06) ribboncesarean.gif at 32w4d, C (10/08) ribboncesarean.gif, and H (02/11) ribboncesarean.gif

#21 of 149 Old 02-28-2008, 11:44 PM

Name: Jessica
Screen Name: because
Other Children: DD 1/20/03; DS 12/29/05
Due Date: Nov. 10
Where do you live: Michigan
A brief intro: ie, partner, breastfeeding and birth choices, other things going on in life, work, school, etc. DH and I look totally average but are pretty crunchy on the inside. This will be our 3rd homebirth, my second chance to tandem nurse, more co-sleeping, cloth diapering, etc. DH is an engineer and I'm a SAHM with a law degree, waiting to take the bar exam and practice when the kids are older.

Almost no one knows about this pg yet and I have to say that I'm a little nervous to tell! I think alot of people expected us to only have 2 (including me until the past couple of years) and there will be some surprised faces!

I'm really early (only 10dpo) but really excited to be a part of another DDC.

Here's to a H&H9M for everyone!
#22 of 149 Old 02-29-2008, 12:37 AM

Name: Kim
Screen Name: chisub
Other Children: a furry one
Due Date: Nov. 9
Where do you live: IL
A brief intro: ie, partner, breastfeeding and birth choices, other things going on in life, work, school, etc. DH is 31 and we will both be WAHP's when I'm due since we both work for ourselves doing e-commerce and internet marketing. I'll be using a midwife at the hospital birthing center and would like to give water birth a try.

SAHM to DS (11/08) and EDD 3/8/11!
#23 of 149 Old 02-29-2008, 01:15 AM

Name: Carolann
Screen Name: Carolann S
Other Children: DD 9/20/06
Due Date: Nov. 6
Where do you live: Florida
A brief intro: ie, partner, breastfeeding and birth choices, other things going on in life, work, school, etc. My husband and I have been together for almost 12 years but only married for 2. We cloth diaper our daughter and have decided to not subject her to any more vaccinations. I breastfed her until about a month ago when she decided she didn't need it anymore. I am planning on giving birth to baby #2 in a birthing center. Looking forward to getting to know all of you!
#24 of 149 Old 03-01-2008, 11:58 PM

Name: Ali
Screen Name: alleybcat
Other Children: Charlie, 21 months
Due Date: Nov 6
Where do you live: south of Boston, MA

Hi everyone!!! Let's see, we do the whole AP business with our son and are seriously considering homeschooling when the time comes. I delivered him in a birth center using hypnobirthing and I will definitely use hypnobirthing again, though I am leaning towards a homebirth this time.
#25 of 149 Old 03-02-2008, 12:43 AM

Name: Jeanine
Screen name: JeanineTheOT
Other children: Violet, 20 months
Due Date: Nov 10
Where do you live: Long Island
Brief Intro:
only really learned about "natural parenting" and mdc right after my daughter was born. Exclusively pumped for my daughter for 15 months after refusing to nurse when I went back to work. I am an OT (thus, the screen name). Had a waterbirth with a midwife, was on TLC's "A baby story", am considering a home birth this time, but I would have to switch midwives so Im not so sure. Nice to meet and join all you ladies!
#26 of 149 Old 03-02-2008, 01:14 PM

Name: Kash
Screen Name: patchfire (also patchfire on AIM, Y!M, LJ... you get the idea)
Other Children: Gillian, 7.5, and Jacob, almost 3!
Due Date: 11/11/08 - Veterans' Day.
Where do you live: Just outside Atlanta, GA, on the north side of town.
A brief intro: ie, partner, breastfeeding and birth choices, other things going on in life, work, school, etc. Let's see... dh & I have been married for almost nine years. Dd is homeschooled and ds will likely be, unless we find a way to make the Waldorf school work for our family. Dd self-weaned at 5 years, 2 days, ds is nursing, so I will probably be tandem nursing again. We co-sleep, babywear, all of that. It is probably simpler to tell you I am an inactive API Leader and moderately more active LLL Leader. We are planning a UP/UC for this babe - ds was a mw-attended homebirth - and we're strongly looking at doing Hypnobabies.

I'm so excited to get to post finally. Got a faint BFP this morning, 12 dpo.

Kash, homeschooling mommy to Gillian (8/5/00) and Jacob (3/23/05)
and Brigid Eleanor (11/20/08)
#27 of 149 Old 03-02-2008, 04:50 PM

Name: Netty
Screen Name:LotusBirthMama
Other Children: DS1 is 10, DD is almost 5, and DS2 is 1
Due Date:11/6/08
Where do you live:CT
A brief intro: I am stunned to be having a baby so close to DS2. We are accustomed to BIG age gaps. We are planning a UP/UC.
#28 of 149 Old 03-03-2008, 09:59 AM

Name: Charissa
Screen Name: buckysprplmonkey
Other Children: Alexis (7), Gloria (21 mo) and Brandon (18-foster son)
Due Date: I think Nov. 6
Where do you live: Pittsburgh
A brief intro: I am happily married to my preschool sweetheart and we have two beautiful girls (the oldest from a previous marriage, but you'd never know to see her with him). We also have three pets, Sparkle (3 year old boxer/lab), Dr. Pepper and Coca Cola (5 year old littermates-black siamese mixes)- we are strong supporters of animal rescue and training. All three pets are rescues and the dog is a therapy dog and a canine good citizen. We cosleep, babywear (in fact one thing I'm excited about is getting out my slings and wraps again- Glo's getting too big!), breastfeed (for a while- Gloria's still nursing and I still plan on baby-led weaning even if that means tandom nursing). We didn't cloth diaper in the past, but now that I'm getting into the groove of being a SAHM, I'm seriously considering it, along with IEC with this one. We (kids included) are vegetarian + seafood, natural/whole food/organic when possible. Most people call us "crunchy" lol.
#29 of 149 Old 03-04-2008, 01:37 AM

Name: Resa
Screen Name: Delaney'sMommy
Other Children: Delaney age 6 & Brenna age 3
Due Date: Nov 7th
Where do you live: Florida
A brief intro: ie, partner, breastfeeding and birth choices, other things going on in life, work, school, etc. Happily married now for almost 13 years. Still breastfeeding my 3 yr old, definitely into extended nursing & child-led weaning. We share a family bed, I'm a stay at home mom, we home school. I had my first daughter vaginally but with an epidural, I had to have a c/sec with my second, and I'm hoping for a VBAC this time with no pain meds. Love babywearing. We're also raw vegans for the past 6 months so this is my first raw vegan pregnancy. I have a blog too.

I'm glad to be here & look forward to getting to know you all!!
#30 of 149 Old 03-04-2008, 02:05 PM

Name: Mindy
Screen Name: DeepLakeSwimmer
Other Children: Gillian, 3 (12/17/04)
Due Date: ?? Probably around 11/9
Where do you live: Washington
A brief intro: ie, partner, breastfeeding and birth choices, other things going on in life, work, school, etc. Um, I'm not so great at introductions and I'm a little nervous about joining this DDC because I'm pretty sporadic in my posting; I'm hoping this will encourage me to post more regularly and make more connections. Let's see, I've been with my husband since 1991 and we've been married since 2001, I breasted on demand until my daughter was 2.5, we co-sleep now but I'm not sure what that's going to look like once the new one arrives. We're an AP family; we live out in the sticks, and I do my best to grow as much food as possible every summer (though that's been a lot less since I had my first LO ) I'm passionate about living respectfully and compassionately and am super excited about this pregnancy.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page