What are you envisioning eating that doesn't make you nauseas? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 02-25-2008, 05:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ugh.. I don't miss this part of being pregnant.

I woke up starving so I got up and made breakfast for everyone. I felt fine while it was cooking, then literally, while I was getting my plate out of the cupboard I was slammed with nausea. I tried to fight it and took one bite of my food, nearly thew up and handed the plate to my hubby.

Now I'm sitting here feeling so ill and so hungry. I hate throwing up, so I'm trying to think of something I can eat that my body might like.

Anyone else?
#2 of 10 Old 02-25-2008, 06:10 PM

No morning sickness here! I completely skipped it last time so I am hoping and praying that I do this time, too. I've had a few moments of kinda feeling sick, but they've passed within a few minutes.

Mama to DS R (June/06), DD K (September/07), DS M (October/08), DD R (June/09)... waiting for #5 in late 2013!!

#3 of 10 Old 02-25-2008, 06:39 PM

I'm not having m/s yet, but I'm waiting for it. Last time it started at 5 weeks, so I have one more week of enjoyable eating. I'm hoping it won't be as bad this time...and besides, how can you avoid food when you have to prepare meals for a toddler? Last time my DH ate way too much fast food when I was sick...he even ate it in the car, poor thing, b/c I couldn't stand the smell of it in the house.

Wife to J, SAHM to W (03/06) ribboncesarean.gif at 32w4d, C (10/08) ribboncesarean.gif, and H (02/11) ribboncesarean.gif

#4 of 10 Old 02-25-2008, 07:22 PM

I'm not sick yet. With ds I was sick from conception until 7 months. It sucked. I couldn't stand the smell of food, I couldn't even go in to grocery stores, let alone restaurants. YUCK.

I am hoping this time I won't be sick at all! I had enough last time to count for two pregnancies.
#5 of 10 Old 02-25-2008, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andi-mama View Post
No morning sickness here! I completely skipped it last time so I am hoping and praying that I do this time, too.
:
#6 of 10 Old 02-25-2008, 08:01 PM

I skipped it last time, for the most part. It was just queasiness for a few weeks, and usually only if I didn't eat straight away. It didn't start until 7 weeks or so, and I'm finding it iteresting that it has started at 3w5d this time . Right now I have the excess saliva thing happening and that makes me want to throw up, but I haven't thrown up since I was a little kid, so I'd be rather surprised if it actually happened.

As far as eating... I don't know what to eat. I just had a handful of cashews, but nothing is extremely appetizing, sooo...

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

#7 of 10 Old 02-25-2008, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Catalina View Post
As far as eating... I don't know what to eat. I just had a handful of cashews, but nothing is extremely appetizing, sooo...
I think I read something about almonds being good for m/s.

Wife to J, SAHM to W (03/06) ribboncesarean.gif at 32w4d, C (10/08) ribboncesarean.gif, and H (02/11) ribboncesarean.gif

#8 of 10 Old 02-25-2008, 08:07 PM - Thread Starter

oh man. I've been sick like this since last Monday, before I even knew I was expecting again.

With my first, who is now 8, I felt a bit icky for about 2 weeks. No vomiting tho.
With my second, who is now 6, I was seriously ill for over 4 months. I threw up everything and anything I swallowed. It was gross. I'll never drink apple juice again. I actually lost 8 lbs in my first 4 months.
With my third, who is now 4, I was a bit sick for about 2 weeks. Not too bad tho.

I'm hoping this one will be kind and let this be the last week.

You all disgust me.
#9 of 10 Old 02-25-2008, 08:17 PM

well i am hoping the MS stays far away from me this time.

i was very sick last time. I am already getting bits of nausea, but right now it is just aversion to every food, no appetite at all. in contrast to my 2ww where i was starving the whole time.

i did get a supplement at the health food store that is supposed to help with the MS, i will report back either way
#10 of 10 Old 02-25-2008, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andi-mama View Post
No morning sickness here! I completely skipped it last time so I am hoping and praying that I do this time, too. I've had a few moments of kinda feeling sick, but they've passed within a few minutes.

That's pretty much the same here! : I don't get MS this time around!

~Natalie~
LLL Leader, IBCLC, marathoner, mom of 2 (maybe 3 one day!)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page