I think I found a vba2c provider! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 02-29-2008, 07:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just returned from my appointment with the first doctor that I was going to talk to about assisting with a vba2c. I was sure that he wouldn't be supportive, but he was! He actually made me feel very comfortable. He is a family practice doctor here in our small town, and there was only one other option for me, so I feel very lucky.

He just said that it was most important to him that his patients understand risks and benefits, and then make their own decisions. He also understood why I did not want to have a third cesarean, and he said that my other two cesareans were for reasons that will most likely not repeat.

He actually seemed so laid back about it that I almost wonder if it's too good to be true! But I'm just happy that I found someone so quickly that I didn't have to fight with at all.

Mama to 3 kids. We live in a yurt!
#2 of 6 Old 02-29-2008, 07:43 PM

congrats! I too am hoping vba2c, (7dpo and waiting to test we're switching to a new family doc and I didn't even think of using him in terms of pregnancy/birth assistance. I was worried my only choice for future births would be UC and while an option, I'm just not there yet. Good Luck with the laid back doc!
#3 of 6 Old 02-29-2008, 08:45 PM

YAY!!! i wish all providers would understand thing like that.
#4 of 6 Old 02-29-2008, 09:26 PM

Awesome, mama! Have you checked out hospital policies though? Just asking cause he may be all for your vba2c, but the hospital may not be...

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

#5 of 6 Old 02-29-2008, 10:55 PM

Oh wow! It's hard enough to find a dr around here willing to do a vbac... couldn't imagine finding one willing to do a vba2c. I think you're pretty lucky!

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
always missing our angel1.gif (11/04, 4/07, 8/07, 5/10)
#6 of 6 Old 03-01-2008, 12:18 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Catalina View Post
Awesome, mama! Have you checked out hospital policies though? Just asking cause he may be all for your vba2c, but the hospital may not be...
Currently the hospital does do vbacs, though not very many. This is a small town that has about 110 births per year total at the hospital. And most women around here don't request vbacs, or they go to anchorage. But this doc does them at the hospital infrequently, so so far he hasn't had a problem. The doc did say that the hospital could decide not to do vbacs and then of course there wouldn't be anything he could do. But I kind of think that is unlikely, especially since the hospital up the road just recently became more vbac friendly. :

The hospital could be against vba2c, but I think there may be some kind of waiver I could sign that acknowledges the risks. It's definitely still early, and things could change, that's for sure... I hope not, though.

Mama to 3 kids. We live in a yurt!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page