Random Chatter Thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 30 Old 03-01-2008, 03:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I thought I'd start one of these threads... post away... not everything I have to say needs its own thread, so feel free to post whatever you want in here, random, pregnancy related, or whatever

I have dropped 3.6lbs in the past week... I guess my appetite is not so fabulous but I'm just trying to be careful because I started this pregnancy 8lbs heavier than I was with DS. I'm also trying to be sensible this pregnancy and not gain 40lbs... so I think my body is just readjusting to my usual weight.

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 30 Old 03-01-2008, 07:25 PM

It's crazy, I thought I gained weight but I think I lost two pounds. When they weighed me at the docs I was surprised. I am really trying to not gain as much weight this time too (gained 45 lbs last two times) but I am SOOOO bad at being disciplined about food. I mean, I'm horrible at it. I don't think of myself as overweight... I have about 10 extra pounds, but I don't look overweight, iykwim.

OK now I'm rambling. My kids are napping so I should be too, but I've been to excited to be tired!

Mama to 3 kids. We live in a yurt!
#3 of 30 Old 03-01-2008, 08:00 PM - Thread Starter

Oh I hate my doctor's scale... it adds 5lbs consistently... and as for the nap thing... I am so very tempted to put my DS in front of the tv with Cars on and go take a nap myself... it hits me at 3-4pm every day.

#4 of 30 Old 03-01-2008, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustineM View Post
It's crazy, I thought I gained weight but I think I lost two pounds. When they weighed me at the docs I was surprised. I am really trying to not gain as much weight this time too (gained 45 lbs last two times) but I am SOOOO bad at being disciplined about food. I mean, I'm horrible at it. I don't think of myself as overweight... I have about 10 extra pounds, but I don't look overweight, iykwim.

OK now I'm rambling. My kids are napping so I should be too, but I've been to excited to be tired!
That could be your doc's scale though. DS always weighs different at home and at the docs.
#5 of 30 Old 03-02-2008, 01:49 PM

Yeah, I think either my scale at home weighs heavy or the docs one weighs light!\

Bella -- I say go for Cars and the nap!! I did that when I was pg with my first. Now my DD who is 20 months will not watch movies, so it kind of throws that one out. Although she does take good naps, so that's nice!

#6 of 30 Old 03-03-2008, 01:08 AM

i have also lost 2 lbs. I am having major food aversions, and don't want to eat anything. but at least there is no vomiting yet. : that it stays that way.

but we have had two midwife interviews, i sorta liked one, but liked her much better than the other one. so one more tomorrow and we will have chosen a midwife for our home birth, yay.
#7 of 30 Old 03-03-2008, 04:08 PM - Thread Starter

Selena that is awesome to know you'll have your midwife chosen by tomorrow!

I have my second beta draw this afternoon. I am getting nervous. My symptoms no longer exist other than the fatigue... and knowing my OB I won't have my results until Wednesday... ugh.

#8 of 30 Old 03-03-2008, 05:01 PM

Ok, what are all these tests everyone seems to having iee beta draws????? Maybe its just cos I am in the UK and we are ignored until 8 weeks pregnant lol.......
#9 of 30 Old 03-03-2008, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tireesix View Post
Ok, what are all these tests everyone seems to having iee beta draws????? Maybe its just cos I am in the UK and we are ignored until 8 weeks pregnant lol.......
Same here in Canada- no fancy tests. I like it this way

Mama to DS R (June/06), DD K (September/07), DS M (October/08), DD R (June/09)... waiting for #5 in late 2013!!

#10 of 30 Old 03-03-2008, 06:44 PM

We are ignored here in the US until 8 weeks too unless you have a history of m/cs.
#11 of 30 Old 03-06-2008, 01:01 PM

well my nausea is in full force now, i can barely eat anything. at least no throwing up yet (fingers crossed)
#12 of 30 Old 03-06-2008, 02:11 PM

I have no morning sickness yet, it usually strikes around 8 weweks for me and last time lasted throughout most of the pregnancy, it wasn't always severe but was enough to make me feel crap.

I took another preegnancy test today, apparently I am still pregnant...... I think I am still in shock too...... I am going to do another tomorrow, just to make sure.......

Food is so blech at the moment, I have never had a good relationship with food and it usually seems rather blech but its just much worse during pregnancy...... I just want to enjoy food, for once......
#13 of 30 Old 03-06-2008, 02:16 PM

The nausea really hit me today. It's been on and off the past few days, but today... blah.

I took another pg test earlier in the week because I was feeling paranoid. I'm pregnant I wish I could just relax.

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
always missing our angel1.gif (11/04, 4/07, 8/07, 5/10)
#14 of 30 Old 03-06-2008, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by selena_ski View Post
well my nausea is in full force now, i can barely eat anything. at least no throwing up yet (fingers crossed)
Right there with ya, selena_ski. I started with the mild nausea on Tuesday, and by Wednesday morning, I was throwing up I had some major heaving this AM, but no actual vomitting. I'm trying to eat whenever and whatever I can, and I suddenly got a craving for nectarines, so I made a mad run to the store Hey, at least they're healthier than the chicken mcnuggets I was also craving (and promptly ate), right? :

Wife to J, SAHM to W (03/06) ribboncesarean.gif at 32w4d, C (10/08) ribboncesarean.gif, and H (02/11) ribboncesarean.gif

#15 of 30 Old 03-06-2008, 02:34 PM

So, my SIL is getting married May 17. The wedding is black tie optional, and DH is in the wedding. I'm not sure what color to get, maybe black, maybe some other dark color.

I'll be almost 17 weeks, then. I started wearing maternity clothes around 16 weeks last time (though I really just needed more room in the waist), and I'm hoping the empire style will allow me to wear something non-maternity: http://www.davidsbridal.com/social_d...&prodgroup=213

Wife to J, SAHM to W (03/06) ribboncesarean.gif at 32w4d, C (10/08) ribboncesarean.gif, and H (02/11) ribboncesarean.gif

#16 of 30 Old 03-06-2008, 05:09 PM

I asked Bella where the baby was, and she pointed to HER belly! So cute

~Natalie~
LLL Leader, IBCLC, marathoner, mom of 2 (maybe 3 one day!)

#17 of 30 Old 03-06-2008, 06:41 PM

Mrs Mama... I think that dress is so pretty! And it would definately work for the expanding belly. It's nice how empire is so in. A lot of my clothes now are that style, so I will be able to wear them for a while. That dress is beautiful though. I say go for it!

Wife since 2004. Mommy to DS (2005) and DD (2008) and my hopefully VBA2C baby DD due Feb 2012!

lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifribboncesarean.giffamilybed2.gif

#18 of 30 Old 03-06-2008, 06:49 PM

I think it's great! And you're right. The high waist should allow you to wear it longer. I know last time around, I kept wearing alot of my dresses even when pants and skirts were getting tight.
#19 of 30 Old 03-06-2008, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs-Mama View Post
Gorgeous dress, especially in the red. Wow, you might outshine the bride. Since the skirt doesn't appear to be cut on the bias, you should be fine. You may just want to get the hem altered as close to the wedding date as possible, so the front isn't higher than the back.

After the wedding, that dress would look fabulous as a knee-length cocktail number, especially with a pair of matching red strappy heels. Va-va-voom!
#20 of 30 Old 03-06-2008, 08:28 PM

I am completely, utterly exhausted all.day.long. No matter how much sleep I get or if I manage to get a nap in, I am just dead tired. I also started to get bouts of nausea in the mornings, so I'd love any advice on dealing with that since I had NO m/s with DS. I'm treading into uncharted waters here.

I got my results from my first blood test - progesterone 29 and hcg 1400 at 4w5d - and I just went for my second today (I think just the beta this time). Hopefully I'll have the results tomorrow and they don't make me wait the weekend again. Either next week or the following one I'll have my first appointment with my MW. She was awesome after my m/c and even though seeing her will mean delivering at the hospital, I am really confident that I'll get the birth *I* want this time.

Ugh. Still tired. Going to take my third nap.
#21 of 30 Old 03-06-2008, 08:44 PM

Jennifer... take that nap! At least the exhaustion doesn't last too long.

Mrs. Mama I love that dress. I'm a maid of honor (matron of honor?) in my best friend's wedding that is August 31, so I'll be 7 months pg. She wants us all in black, so I'm thinking some kind of wrap dress... that's the only style I can think of that would look OK at 7 mo. pg!

#22 of 30 Old 03-06-2008, 09:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mrs mama, beautiful dress! We have a film premiere to attend next month and ugh I have no idea what to wear... my boobs wouldn't fit in something like that, I'm sure

Jennifer, great numbers

I think I'm coming down with something ::

#23 of 30 Old 03-09-2008, 10:03 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I'm finally officially "late" today - another milestone that makes the pregnancy feel more real. Yay!
#24 of 30 Old 03-09-2008, 05:15 PM

I am so upset.

I am a Girl Scout leader, and I have two co-leaders. I told both of them that I was pg, because we are starting to plan things for next year, and if I'm pregnant or have a newborn, it influences some things.

Well, one of them - I don't know which - told another mom in the troop, who then mentioned it to me today, in front of her kids... so now two of the girls in my troop know, but my own kids? No, they don't. And I totally didn't WANT to tell anyone else in the troop, much less the girls in the troop, for quite awhile. I guess I wasn't explicit enough in asking not to share the news, but I'm still upset about being gossip, and about these girls knowing before my own kids...

Kash, homeschooling mommy to Gillian (8/5/00) and Jacob (3/23/05)
and Brigid Eleanor (11/20/08)
#25 of 30 Old 03-11-2008, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchfire View Post
I am so upset.

I am a Girl Scout leader, and I have two co-leaders. I told both of them that I was pg, because we are starting to plan things for next year, and if I'm pregnant or have a newborn, it influences some things.

Well, one of them - I don't know which - told another mom in the troop, who then mentioned it to me today, in front of her kids... so now two of the girls in my troop know, but my own kids? No, they don't. And I totally didn't WANT to tell anyone else in the troop, much less the girls in the troop, for quite awhile. I guess I wasn't explicit enough in asking not to share the news, but I'm still upset about being gossip, and about these girls knowing before my own kids...

Ughh....WOMEN IN GROUPS!!

I know how you feel mama, BTDT! Regardless if its a mama group or a GS troop, women in groups tend to gossip more than they would if it were just one on one.
Well, I would definitely tell your kiddos soon, as the other kids might tell them

Take care and don't let their need for drama get you down!

~Natalie~
LLL Leader, IBCLC, marathoner, mom of 2 (maybe 3 one day!)

#26 of 30 Old 03-11-2008, 10:45 AM

My first was done on 2/29 (5w) and was 1400+. The second was done 5w6d and was 11,000+, so doubling almost exactly every 2 days. I seriously let out the biggest sigh of relief on the phone with my MW. I was so terribly worried, especially since it took so long to get the results. I'll have an early u/s next week to check growth and we'll go from there. Fingers crossed that everything looks good!

I am officially experiencing m/s this time around. Mornings are bad and so are afternoons. It's hard to find a time to take my prenatal and DHA, I just feel so yucky most of the time. I'm going to try to eat a little something in a bit, it's not as bad as it was earlier. Thank goodness I haven't thrown up... yet. I guess I should watch what I wish for...
#27 of 30 Old 03-11-2008, 05:24 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
so I have this sil who was less than excited for us with #4 I think her words exactly were "how did that happen" my reply "the good old fashioned way" duh, anyway she is the closest family member in regards to distance that dh has, he's not telling her yet and I don't want to be the one to tell her period. I think she will find out this coming weekend though cause our kids know and they can't keep it shut, and we are having a family thingy sooooo we'll see what goes down. I really don't want to be a doormat to her negativity and at the same time I have had a very hard time not letting what she thinks bother me. any thoughts?!
#28 of 30 Old 03-11-2008, 05:37 PM

Nurnur-Maybe just go with the approach of letting everyone know how excited you are for the new addition? The happier you are, I think the less likely people are going to give you grief. Although people always have their opinions, don't they?

So we ended up telling MIL a couple days after bfp and I was so worried b/c she is so superstitious and thinks she knows everything about living a healthy life, etc. She's known for a week and a half now and besides the initial talk I had with her she hasn't brought it up to me or DH at all. Even when she spoke with my Mom over the phone that day I asked my Mom what MIL said and she said "Oh, just that she had lost so much weight, but she's gained some back now". A little back story here: FIL passed away a year ago from the day that my DH told his family I was pregnant. We thought it would be a happy thing, but now I'm second guessing the timing. MIL just called DH yesterday b/c she wanted to book a 3 week trip to Prague. She has very little money for retirement and DH spoke with her about this last summer b/c while we won't have her on the street, when we have children of our own we don't want to have to choose between supporting our children or MIL. I think the reality of us having a baby hit her now and I don't know how we should handle this.

Wow, that was a very long paragraph!

SAHM to DS (11/08) and EDD 3/8/11!
#29 of 30 Old 03-12-2008, 11:12 AM

Patchfire! That is pretty crummy that people can't keep their mouth shut! We haven't told anyone yet for that precise reason. I know that as soon as I tell one person, everyone will know.
I"m 5 weeks, too, and we want to tell our families first. It still doesn't seem real to me!
I guess I need a little reassurance - this is my first pregnancy and I don't feel ANY different.: I missed my period and have had several positive tests, but I can't physically tell that I'm pg I feel a little tired, and I've had some spotting over the last week, and I have tender breasts. Is that all there is?? I don't want to feel sick or anything, but it scares me that I don't feel anything...any advice?

Lovestruck luxlove.gif mama to Girlie #1 energy.gifand Girlie #2 on the way!
#30 of 30 Old 03-12-2008, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdie B. View Post
Patchfire! That is pretty crummy that people can't keep their mouth shut! We haven't told anyone yet for that precise reason. I know that as soon as I tell one person, everyone will know.
I"m 5 weeks, too, and we want to tell our families first. It still doesn't seem real to me!
I guess I need a little reassurance - this is my first pregnancy and I don't feel ANY different.: I missed my period and have had several positive tests, but I can't physically tell that I'm pg I feel a little tired, and I've had some spotting over the last week, and I have tender breasts. Is that all there is?? I don't want to feel sick or anything, but it scares me that I don't feel anything...any advice?
Totally normal. Everyone's body is different and every baby is different. I had no symptoms with DD#1, only fatigue and nausea with DD#2. This baby is testing out everything in the book. Maybe it's just that I'm getting older. You're normal though.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page