emotional wreck - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 03-07-2008, 07:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Argh, I am never going to make it the next nine months. I am so tired all the time already and getting to be quick tempered with my 21 month old. I do NOT want to punish him or get angry at him but I am finding it nearly impossible to remain calm the way I use to.

Today at Gymboree he grabbed a child's face (around a year old I think) and I ran over and apologized to the little boy and his dad. I was so upset. The dad shot arrows at me, which I get but felt so awful. I picked up Charlie and said we are leaving gymborree because you can't be gentle and then left.

I feel so bad about getting so angry at him and I feel like I am so tired I just can't deal.
#2 of 9 Old 03-07-2008, 08:06 PM

I've heard it gets better! I feel bad enough b/c I snap at my dog right now, so I'm sure you feel bad about snapping at your ds. Just try to take naps when possible and ask for help if you can. Hang in there!

SAHM to DS (11/08) and EDD 3/8/11!
#3 of 9 Old 03-07-2008, 08:40 PM

I hear ya! I suffer from prepartum depression and its just starting to edge in this time. It causes me to be super irritable and short tempered with my kids.
#4 of 9 Old 03-07-2008, 10:35 PM

It is hard. It's the age, too, though. I find that around 20 months is a really difficult time. It passes quickly.

Make sure that you are getting enough of everything: Enough sleep, enough healthy food and water, some fresh air, etc. Also, I think that Omega-3s are so important. I take 2 grams a day and I swear I can feel the difference compared to my other two pregnancies. My chiropracter is pg with her third and she swears by omega-3s to make her emotions more level.

So don't worry, you're not alone!

Mama to 3 kids. We live in a yurt!
#5 of 9 Old 03-07-2008, 10:42 PM

I'm not being angry-irritable but I am crying, a lot.

The most recent crying spell was because my husband, who was trying to be proactive & responsible, announced that we were going to go have our taxes done on Sunday. I have stuff I have to do now. I have an abstract due to a conference, a problem set to turn in, two separate health insurance snafus to sort out, and a final exam to take, all in less than a week. Plus I'm still incredibly distracted because I only got my positive result 3 days ago. This hasn't sunken in yet and I'm quickly crash-coursing myself on what to avoid and how to be as healthy of a vessel as I can be. Beyond that, I'm going to be waiting by the phone and trying not to be too nervous until a midwife calls me with my second beta result on Sunday. I'm not going to miss the call because I'll be sitting in an H&R block.

Wow, I feel rotten right now. And I'm totally not getting any work done because I'm upset, which is what I was stressing & feeling bad about in the first place. It's a vicious cycle.

Elated mom to Elliott (5/25/10)
#6 of 9 Old 03-07-2008, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleybcat View Post
Argh, I am never going to make it the next nine months. I am so tired all the time already and getting to be quick tempered with my 21 month old. I do NOT want to punish him or get angry at him but I am finding it nearly impossible to remain calm the way I use to.

Today at Gymboree he grabbed a child's face (around a year old I think) and I ran over and apologized to the little boy and his dad. I was so upset. The dad shot arrows at me, which I get but felt so awful. I picked up Charlie and said we are leaving gymborree because you can't be gentle and then left.

I feel so bad about getting so angry at him and I feel like I am so tired I just can't deal.
I'm am sooooooooooooooooooo there with you mama! Just call me Mrs. Snappy Pants!

~Natalie~
LLL Leader, IBCLC, marathoner, mom of 2 (maybe 3 one day!)

#7 of 9 Old 03-08-2008, 12:18 AM

Not in your ddc, but "happy" to see this thread. I've been noticing my lack of patience with my 16 month old, and I'm not sure if it's him or me : I'm trying to be more mindful of it, and remembering that it's not his fault I'm cranky and irritable.. but it's hard sometimes. Glad to know I'm not alone, I was just telling myself today what a terrible mother I am and how I shouldn't be allowed to have another if this is how I behave towards one. I feel a bit better knowing others are feeling similar, but it still doesn't excuse the behavior.

Megan, momma to Colin and Ainsley
#8 of 9 Old 03-08-2008, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleybcat View Post

That is a tough age. Don't be so hard on yourself! :
#9 of 9 Old 03-08-2008, 08:39 PM

I keep getting "tastes" of what's to come emotionally. Like when my daughter poured a container of blueberry applesauce alll over the carpet last night and I actually felt angry at her. I never get angry with her... just frustrated!!

Does anyone besides me use pregnancy hormones as an excuse to get irritated about dumb things? :P I have a list of "things that are currently grating my nerves"!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page