How to hide pg at work - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-09-2008, 12:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't want to tell people at work yet as it's so early, only 7 weeks. But I'm feeling pretty rough, no actual throwing up yet (fingers crossed it won't happen!) but feeling sick most of the time, and needing to nibble crisps/melba toast/carrots more or less constantly. This only kicked in mid-last week and I was off sick on Thursday so I've only spent one day, Friday, feeling awful at work. I'm dreading going in tomorrow! I will have to tell my boss anyway I think, so she realises why I'm not exactly operating at full throttle, but we're in open plan and once one person guesses (aside from her) it won't be long before the other 30 know! How do you hide it at work?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 03-09-2008, 01:21 PM

I've been wondering the same thing. A lot of what I've read says that it's best to confide in one good ally who will cover for you and keep your secret. I didn't mean to tell so soon myself, but I got busted by a coworker on thursday and I 'fessed up. She's promised to not say anything and to help me out wherever possible.

I think I'm holding off on telling others until I figure out what timeframe I'm considering for quitting. I'd really love to just leave my job now so that I can get healthier, rest more, work on my dissertation, field a book submission to an agent, and pack up my house to get ready to move before I'm further along, but that's not an option yet. But when I do tell, it's probably going to tie in with giving (extended) notice that I'll be quitting.

Elated mom to Elliott (5/25/10)
#3 of 3 Old 03-09-2008, 09:35 PM

I think how well you hide it depends on how you are feeling. If you're feeling awful and very sick, it's going to be pretty much impossible to hide it. But if you have a fairly smooth first trimester, it's a lot easier. I didn't tell at work with my first or second (I was a high school teacher) until I was 4 months along or more. But I also never had morning sickness, so that makes it a lot lot lot easier!

GL!!

Mama to 3 kids. We live in a yurt!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page