Anyone else doubting yourselves? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 20 Old 03-22-2008, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, I'm 6wks, had the positive test last Monday. Now, because I haven't had any morning sickness yet, I'm beginning to doubt the pregnancy. Which is actually pretty dumb, because I have the rest of the usual symptoms. But usually, by this time, I can't stomach or stand the smell of coffee (which I have still been enjoying in moderation), and have strong aversions to most food (really haven't had any nausea, save for a couple of very mild occasions).
I'm going to have POAS again, to ease my doubts. Early days sure are worrying, aren't they?
#2 of 20 Old 03-22-2008, 12:24 PM

I'm looking very forward to hearing the heartbeat but that is over a month away. I'm 6 weeks now and I've had slight bouts of nausea....very slight. So far this is *nothing* compared to my other 2 pgs. By this time I was vomiting multiple times a day.

On one hand I am so so happy to not be so sick, but I have a nagging little doubtful voice saying, "is this normal?"

That said I still don't want to be sick. I want to be able to hear the heartbeat now.
#3 of 20 Old 03-22-2008, 08:45 PM - Thread Starter

Exactly!

I re-tested today, with the same dollar store brad, and there are two lines. The pregnancy line much darker than the first test's.

Now, I'm going to fully enjoy not being nauseated.
#4 of 20 Old 03-22-2008, 10:53 PM

I wanted to buy a test today, but resisted

Sniffed the chicken last night as it was cooking and it made me queasy, but I wish it was a little more than that lol
#5 of 20 Old 03-23-2008, 12:31 AM

Maybe you guys are having a baby of a different gender than your previous births?

My pregnancies with my girls were different than with my son's. Like with the girls I couldn't eat any kind of melon, with the boy I liked spinach and ice cream calmed my tummy. Other stuff, but you get the picture.
#6 of 20 Old 03-23-2008, 12:46 AM

the first hpt I did was neg, the 2nd one was a faint + and then 2 hrs latter i looked at it and the line was gone, so I took a 3rd & 4th test all +, I did doubt myslef til the 4th test was taken. I was much sicker with my other babies, so hoping feeling pretty good is a sign that this is a boy
#7 of 20 Old 03-23-2008, 03:48 AM

As soon as I started to doubt myself, nausea kicked in!

Liv, SAHM of 3 kiddos 

#8 of 20 Old 03-23-2008, 08:48 AM

For some odd reason, I actually like a bit of queasiness to remind me that I'm pregnant. If I'm not nauseous, I worry.
#9 of 20 Old 03-23-2008, 10:06 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
I know the feeling. I'm only 5 weeks, but with dd, the ms came 1 0r 2 days past when AF was due. Nothing so far with this one.

ETA: I should say that the forgetfulness with this one has really kicked in hard and early. I bought fish on Friday morning and by Friday afternoon had told dh that I would have to go back to Whole Foods for a refund as I could not find it. I'd put it away in the refrigerator and had NO recollection of doing so!

Mama to add 10/05; ds 3/09, and two angels
#10 of 20 Old 03-23-2008, 10:22 PM

Same here.

No nausea, only some frequent peeing. I keep expecting that AF is going to start, that this isn't real. It's an awful nagging feeling and I almost wish MS would start. This is my first, so I have no basis for comparison either.
#11 of 20 Old 03-24-2008, 12:01 AM

Ive been doubting on and off for weeks now, especially after getting the positive hpt. I dont' know why but I keep thinking what if the test was wrong. Ive been really sick to my stomach and tired but there has been a stomach bug going around so it could easily be that.. Im hopefully going in for some blood work today and that will give me some positive answers..

My SIL insists she knows Im pregnant and Im going to have a boy (Im thinking its a boy as well).. With DD she knew I was pregnant before I told her and was the only one to agree with me that she was going to be a girl.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#12 of 20 Old 03-24-2008, 10:00 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheartedmama View Post
For some odd reason, I actually like a bit of queasiness to remind me that I'm pregnant. If I'm not nauseous, I worry.
Me too.
#13 of 20 Old 03-24-2008, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~sweet pea~ View Post
Same here.

No nausea, only some frequent peeing. I keep expecting that AF is going to start, that this isn't real. It's an awful nagging feeling and I almost wish MS would start. This is my first, so I have no basis for comparison either.

I feel the exact same way! I'm 7 weeks now, but still feel great! I'm fatigued, sore, and have to pee all the time, but other than that, I'm wondering if I'm actually pregnant!

Lovestruck luxlove.gif mama to Girlie #1 energy.gifand Girlie #2 on the way!
#14 of 20 Old 03-24-2008, 12:52 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I tested again on Saturday. The test line came up instantly and was darker than the control line. So that made me feel happier.
#15 of 20 Old 03-24-2008, 01:54 PM

I've had two positive blood tests with an increase in hCG, but I have to go in again tomorrow to give another before the OB will see me for an ultrasound. This is so different from the last time, and I'm a little worried, but I'm trying to take it all in stride. At least I'm not as impatient this time. The doctor told me on Friday not to get too excited yet, and that I'm not in the clear. Wasn't that nice?

The irony is that just before I got pregnant I was talking to someone about how I was apparently designed to have babies b/c no one in my family ever has any issues and we're insanely fertile. So did I get what I deserved or what? :
#16 of 20 Old 03-24-2008, 02:20 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erlaine View Post
I tested again on Saturday. The test line came up instantly and was darker than the control line. So that made me feel happier.
Me, too!

Mama to add 10/05; ds 3/09, and two angels
#17 of 20 Old 03-24-2008, 04:11 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Good luck Ambotchka
#18 of 20 Old 03-24-2008, 06:03 PM

I keep feeling like I should POAS again (like that would really tell me anything, with my two m/c s I got positive pregnancy tests for weeks afterwards) but then my rational brain kicks in. . Really if I have a positive test and no signs of AF then things are good for now.

Be, happy momma to Liberty (12-31-02), Henry (3-17-07) and Prudence (7-02-09)
#19 of 20 Old 03-25-2008, 04:54 PM

I'm definitely hungrier and looking a little bloated but I don't really feel pg. I've been getting some exercise which was a big m/s cure last time, so hopefully it lasts.
#20 of 20 Old 03-29-2008, 08:21 PM - Thread Starter

Still doubtful.

I still don't have morning sickness. I know it's a strange thing to be worried about, but I am!! I want to test again.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page