'Bout Time for a Chat Thread! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 72 Old 04-03-2008, 04:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay November 2008 Mamas, unless I've missed something, we are in dire need of a chat thread...
What's up with you ladies?!
#2 of 72 Old 04-03-2008, 04:42 PM

I am recovering from the flu. Now I am just worrying about what 6 days of fever did to the baby.
#3 of 72 Old 04-03-2008, 05:06 PM

...try not to worry...you will be fine. how high did your fever get?

Cat - Mother to Jonathon (1-24-1987) ; Lola (3-24-2003) ; Xiola (9-27-2005) : 8 wks (4-2008) ; 11 1/2 weeks (9-2008); and 7.5 weeks (5-2010) Nana to William (3-27-2009) Blog: AmLo Farms
#4 of 72 Old 04-03-2008, 06:22 PM

I'm just starting to have m/s the past few days, and today's been the worst so far. I think I bought everything lemon that they had in the store (not quite, but close.) I feel like a newborn - all I want to do is sleep & eat every 2 hours (which helps fight off the nausea.) Ugh. I'm only 6w1d - there's lots of time for this to get worse!

crafty mama to Chloe and Emma (10/08) and Piper
emergency medicine PA and single mother by choice
#5 of 72 Old 04-03-2008, 07:42 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I had a bout of something awful over the weekend, I thought it was ms going to a new level but no, it was the pukey flu, 2 of my girls came down w/it too and I was feeling better on mon, thank goodness, I guess it helps keep my reg. ms in perspective for me. I didn't feel like I could move at all, I was down. So I feel for ya!
#6 of 72 Old 04-03-2008, 10:45 PM

i'll be 6 weeks on saturday and am having m/s off and on..nothing too bad as long as i eat. definitely not all day like with my girls. anyway, my biggest thing right now is lack of motivation...i just don't want to do anything but sit on my butt and be on the computer.. anyone else having an issue with this? i'm tired for sure, but not super exhausted yet...just unmotivated...

Cat - Mother to Jonathon (1-24-1987) ; Lola (3-24-2003) ; Xiola (9-27-2005) : 8 wks (4-2008) ; 11 1/2 weeks (9-2008); and 7.5 weeks (5-2010) Nana to William (3-27-2009) Blog: AmLo Farms
#7 of 72 Old 04-03-2008, 11:03 PM - Thread Starter

Sorry you have all been feeling yucky I can't imagine have the flu and m/s at the same time. Well, no wonder nobody's been chatting--everybody feels like crap!
I'm pretty sure with dd I had m/s by now, so maybe I am going to escape it this time. I've had a few bouts of dizziness and nausea, but mostly have just been really tired. I'm really having trouble working.
I've just started my care provider interview process. I went to see my old OB yesterday and told her I was considering a homebirth and was going to nurse as long as I could through pregnancy. She was much more supportive than I thought. She even talked to me for a whole hour and didn't insist on getting the initial bloodwork or even making an appointment for next time. I was impressed, but I didn't have the most peaceful birth for dd and that was at that hospital, and I don't want to do that again.
I have my first midwife appt. on Monday afternoon. She's coming over for tea. I'm waiting for the other midwife in town to call me back to set up a time to talk. So I'll probably just talk to the three people total because that's about all who's available in the rural area where I live.
Hope all you who have posted so far are feeling better!
#8 of 72 Old 04-03-2008, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catballou24 View Post
...try not to worry...you will be fine. how high did your fever get?
thanks. The highest it got was 102.2. I am just a worrier. But now I am recovered, and already feeling morning sickness, so that is very reasurring!
#9 of 72 Old 04-04-2008, 11:07 AM

OMG, being sick on top of pregnant sounds crappy s

Last night, I called a friend and mistakenly called her by my DD's name. Hadn't talked to the friend in months. She says, "what, are you pg again?" I can't believe she knew over the phone!!!
#10 of 72 Old 04-04-2008, 01:15 PM

DH just left to take both boys to park and let me rest, so I can't complain. I was supposed to work all day today but have been feeling really icky....just a few more weeks left of this

Tara--mama to Riley (9/01) Nolan (4/04) and Finnegan (11/08). Unschooling Rocks!!!
#11 of 72 Old 04-04-2008, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter

Yay for dh's takin the kids on a Friday! Friday is our no childcare day, so dd is with dh at home and I am at the local restaurant trying to get some work done (aka checking email and MDC).
I just ate TWO egg, bacon, and english muffin sandwiches! I was kind of embarrassed, but the waitress said she wouldn't tell anybody I am eating for three after all (this is rapidly becoming my excuse for all over-eating).
The other day dh, dd and I went out with some friends. I was sharing my meal with dd and another friend stole one of my fries. I asked her to take fries off of dh's plate because I was certainly not going to be eating for four
Hope you all have a nice weekend--we're supposed to have fabulous weather here, so I'm excited to get outside and do yardwork. Maybe I'll take dd for a hike.
#12 of 72 Old 04-04-2008, 02:19 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Ive escaped to mdc for a few moments, we are planning this hike today, my 4 kiddos , well the 3 girls are fighting like crazed little people and its pouring but the hiking team says we go anyway and just pack rain gear. In the pacific NW you just have to do it or you would never do anything, we might have 5 types of weather in 1 day. But Im going to looooose my mind getting ready, rain gear, lunches, fighting catty girls, a touch of nausea, any takers?! Well thanks for the place to BREATH and VENT, I feel better already.
#13 of 72 Old 04-04-2008, 03:11 PM

I am 9 weeks along and I am in my last month of my first year of law school. I am trying to focus on finishing my appelate brief and prep for final exams and I am having such a hard time. I have a 18 month old and DH works all the time so I am currently feeling kind of crazy trying to get things done. Incidentally I have transferred to part time starting this summer so all I have to do is get through this month but when I get home from school I don't want to play with DS, don't want to study want to lay on the couch and watch t.V. Morning sickness is not as bad as with DS and I attribute this mostly and I would recommend this for anyone who can access I am on midwifes order giving myself daily injections of vitamin B and folic acid. It is awesome. Trying to figure out time and manner to night wean DS. Any suggestions.

Baby Mama, Law Student, Milk Maker:
Mom-type to DSS 10/12/03, Mom to DS 10/05/06 and DD 11/03/08.
#14 of 72 Old 04-04-2008, 03:12 PM

I am 9 weeks along and I am in my last month of my first year of law school. I am trying to focus on finishing my appelate brief and prep for final exams and I am having such a hard time. I have a 18 month old and DH works all the time so I am currently feeling kind of crazy trying to get things done. Incidentally I have transferred to part time starting this summer so all I have to do is get through this month but when I get home from school I don't want to play with DS, don't want to study want to lay on the couch and watch t.V. Morning sickness is not as bad as with DS and I attribute this mostly and I would recommend this for anyone who can access I am on midwifes order giving myself daily injections of vitamin B and folic acid. It is awesome. Trying to figure out time and manner to night wean DS. Any suggestions. j;j

#15 of 72 Old 04-05-2008, 12:10 AM

I've got a cold of some sort too. My pregnancy symptoms seem very mild this time.

Myra- do you attribute easy m/s with the B6 and folic acid? If so, why?

I am mega doses of folic acid, have been forever, am currently doing 5600 mg/daily in an effort to prevent another neural tube defect. I wonder if that's one reason why I'm not too sick. I'm smell-sensitive, but only rarely feel nauseous.

I'm tired, but I can't tell if it's from being pregnant or being up in the night with my 3 year-old who has accidents in the bed when not wearing a diaper, or when she does wear them, she goes through 2 a night because she pees so much. Or maybe it's just because I'm sick.

Myra- how old is your ds? When we nightweaned my dc, I first started nursing them on the couch, and added a few new parts to the bedtime routine in the bed (prayers and song). I explained that we would not be nursing in the bed anymore, that if they awoke in the night, we'd cuddle, they could have water, and we'd go back to sleep. It was a few nights (possibly more- it's been several years now) of them being upset, crying about it for few minutes. I or dh would comfort them and echo their feelings, cuddle and go back to sleep. I only did this when it was clear to me that my kids were in the habit of nursing every couple of hours, but that it was actually interrupting their sleep more than helping them. They were about 1 1/2 at the time.
#16 of 72 Old 04-05-2008, 09:42 AM

Nice to hear I'm not the only one with tons going on. DP just had shoulder surgery, so it really puts allot more work on my plate with three kids (four if you count DP ) But, I do have to say he is being super supportive emotionally. I haven't been too bad, but every now and then I get really overwhelmed. Right now, DS hada sleep over and is playing downstairs with friend and DD! and unbelievably, DD2 is still sleeping in with DP which means she is probably sick-but oh well. Anyway, I am really trying to enjoy moments like these when I can actually relax, have a cup of tea, and just do what I want.
#17 of 72 Old 04-05-2008, 11:13 AM

Im 9 weeks today, feeling nausiated for like the first time in a week, I feel down the steps yesturday afternoon so i was advised to rest for the next 48 hrs, I have my first appt on tuesday I can't wait to hear the hb for the first time. Dh is working today so Im home alone with the kids, I have really been really craving subway which I havnt eaten in years, so if im feeling better I might make the trip. Hope everyone has a good day
#18 of 72 Old 04-05-2008, 12:16 PM

The dentist office called me friday and left a message reminding me I had an appointment monday. D'oh! Does anyone have an opinion about seeing the dentist while preggo? The appt is at 9 am so I can't really call before I go (it's about an hour away) to find out. It's just a cleaning, so I'm thinking it's probably fine. Thoughts?
#19 of 72 Old 04-05-2008, 07:41 PM

I did a cleaning when prenant with DS I just didn't get the x-rays and that seemed fine.

#20 of 72 Old 04-05-2008, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonglowmama View Post
I've got a cold of some sort too. My pregnancy symptoms seem very mild this time.

Myra- do you attribute easy m/s with the B6 and folic acid? If so, why?

I am mega doses of folic acid, have been forever, am currently doing 5600 mg/daily in an effort to prevent another neural tube defect. I wonder if that's one reason why I'm not too sick. I'm smell-sensitive, but only rarely feel nauseous.

I'm tired, but I can't tell if it's from being pregnant or being up in the night with my 3 year-old who has accidents in the bed when not wearing a diaper, or when she does wear them, she goes through 2 a night because she pees so much. Or maybe it's just because I'm sick.

Myra- how old is your ds? When we nightweaned my dc, I first started nursing them on the couch, and added a few new parts to the bedtime routine in the bed (prayers and song). I explained that we would not be nursing in the bed anymore, that if they awoke in the night, we'd cuddle, they could have water, and we'd go back to sleep. It was a few nights (possibly more- it's been several years now) of them being upset, crying about it for few minutes. I or dh would comfort them and echo their feelings, cuddle and go back to sleep. I only did this when it was clear to me that my kids were in the habit of nursing every couple of hours, but that it was actually interrupting their sleep more than helping them. They were about 1 1/2 at the time.
DS is 18 months today. I am still thinking about the how and the when for the nightweaning. REally am just hoping for a miracle for my milk to dry up or him to just want to stop, yeah right.

do attribute it to the mega b6 folic acid regimine because before I started giving myself the shots the m/s was really bad and now it is not as bad. I don't know why, my midwife said it would work and it seems to work so I am sticking with it at least until I am done with first trimester and final exams but probably past that time. I will ask my midwife about the why when I see her next.

#21 of 72 Old 04-05-2008, 11:33 PM

I ended up getting subway and YUCK! I guess I just enjoy eating organic to much these days, I hadn't had it in like 6 years or so.. I wasnt missing much.. dh on the other hand was more than willing to eat my 1/2 LOL
#22 of 72 Old 04-06-2008, 06:11 PM - Thread Starter

MommaLilac: Sorry to hear you fell down the steps--are you okay?
Something about Subway's bread really doesn't jive with me. It's supposed to be freshed baked and everything, but .... yuck. Glad dh enjoyed your other half.

nurnur: How was the hike in the rain?

Erlaine: I need to get a cleaning, too, but have been pregnant and/or breastfeeding for the last three years and haven't gone. Let us know how it goes.

Myra: I hear you about the nightweaning. Dd is 22 months and still nurses most of the night. For a long time that was the easiest way to go, I'd just sleep through it, but I keep envisioning dd trying to "switch sides" when there's a newborn on the other side. I'm also so tired that waking up at night has been really annoying for me. I think I'm going to wait until 20 weeks when I keep reading that the milk changes--see how dd reacts.

We had a nice weekend around here--lots of outside time. I'm waaaaay behind on work, though, so need to get to it soon. Dh is trying to coax dd down for a second nap (first one was truncated prematurely). I can hear he's meeting with lots of resistance...
#23 of 72 Old 04-06-2008, 09:40 PM

:

I see that most of us have fallen victim to the dread pirate m/s. I too am miserable and green most of the time. Of course it doesn't help that work in a huge hotel kitchen where we cook 3 squares for 100s (sometimes 1000s) every. single. day.

Who has experienced an increased sex drive? Not me, but when it happens...whoa it's goood. Is that tmi?

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
And we are joyfully awaiting a new addition in April 2011! <><
#24 of 72 Old 04-07-2008, 08:42 PM

Hi ladies! I haven't been around in a while...I'm on week 2 of a 3 week work trip and these long days are KILLING me! I don't have much queasiness, but I am so exhausted, and tromping around in a swamp all day is really wearing me out. I miss my house, my husband, and my own bed!
But, I figure that all the walking is good for me, and as long as I can still do it, I will.
I can't button most of my pants, and I'm loving my little bump! I broke down and bought maternity pants - I can't believe it! My first midwife appointment is after I get back from the trip, and I can't wait to hear the heartbeat.
Hugs to everyone who's feeling sick! I hope you feel better soon!

Lovestruck luxlove.gif mama to Girlie #1 energy.gifand Girlie #2 on the way!
#25 of 72 Old 04-09-2008, 09:01 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdymom View Post
:

Who has experienced an increased sex drive? Not me, but when it happens...whoa it's goood. Is that tmi?
Same for me

Well, we were going to interview two midwives in town here (only two that I know of). One came by for tea on Monday and talked to us for three hours--she seemed great. The other one told me she'd call on Monday, but never did. Nor did she call on Tuesday. Good thing I wasn't in labor, she would have missed the birth So the not calling back is definitely making me not want to go with her.

Wow, everyone must be really sick--seems like hardly anyone feels like chatting
#26 of 72 Old 04-09-2008, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smocklets View Post
I am recovering from the flu. Now I am just worrying about what 6 days of fever did to the baby.
Same here. The highest I saw my fever at was 101.8 so I'm hoping that is well low enough to not have caused any problems. I've never had a fever during pg before and I'm trying not to worry. Smocklets, here's to the two of us having healthy babes despite the fevers.
#27 of 72 Old 04-09-2008, 10:15 AM

for mamas w/ sick/cold/flu!

I had 6 days of high fever (w/ the highest of 103.8) when I was 4-5 weeks pg w/ DD2. She is totally fine! Please, KleineH, Smocklets, do not worry!

I am fine. Nauseous, but nothing serious today. And yeah, sex is good recently!

Liv, SAHM of 3 kiddos 

#28 of 72 Old 04-09-2008, 10:30 AM

ugh...I hear y'all on the morning sickness boat! I've been getting food cravings and then as soon as I have what I want in front of me I don't want it anymore. Super frustrating for DH.
I can't tell if I've popped out or if I'm just imagining things, my pants aren't super uncomfortable YET, but I bought a pair of maternity pants last week and wore them yesterday and they kept falling down.

I haven't ever gotten the super sex drive y'all are talking about...what do I need to do to get it? DH would LOVE that! Poor guy the first time we have sex in awhile we conceive

Summer: crafty mama to 2 little girls and wife to Bob
#29 of 72 Old 04-09-2008, 12:31 PM

Anyone else crying at the drop of a hat?
#30 of 72 Old 04-09-2008, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleine Hexe View Post
Anyone else crying at the drop of a hat?
Oh yeah. Commercials on TV, Veggietales, birthday cards, my DH asking for a backrub, finding the dishwasher still full when I get home from work. . .

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page