Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island, NY
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know this thread was from a while ago, but I did some more research after my dh questioning again why we werent doing this (he totally trusts my judgement and just couldnt remember why we (I) decided not to do it because his friend was asking him about it.
So, I called the Viacord and CBR. They both said that we could get the kit, and if for some reason we are not able to get enough blood from the cord after delaying the clamping, we will not be charged. I told them we plan to delay the clamping, and there may not be enough blood left in the cord to collect, and they said they understood that, but it would be very rare the practitioner would not be able to get some blood from the cord, even after waiting for the cord to stop pulsing, etc, unless we decided to not cut the cord at all (lotus birth, for example) The blood will be collected from the cord AFTER the placenta is birthed and is in the basin, not when it is still inside of me.
We are going to get the kit and have it on hand, and just collect whatever blood is left after all is said and done. The plan is to delay clamping AND collect the blood. Just figured Id share the info I found.