So tired! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 05-08-2008, 06:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm so tired! I'm getting about 8 hours of sleep at night, but I absolutely can't make it through the day without a 20-45 minute nap. And, when I wake up, I feel so out of it. I don't think I can get anymore sleep at night b/c my bladder is about to burst in the morning when I wake up. And, I'm not one of those people that can fall back asleep if I wake up after 6:30 or so.

Anyone else?

Wife to J, SAHM to W (03/06) ribboncesarean.gif at 32w4d, C (10/08) ribboncesarean.gif, and H (02/11) ribboncesarean.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 13 Old 05-08-2008, 06:12 PM

You just described my daily routine! I need so much more sleep than I'm getting. I'm trying to work 8 hours a day, but I can hardly get that time in, plus a nap, plus some exercise. I'm a walking zombie. I'm hoping as the weeks go on my energy level will increase--hope the same for you, too
#3 of 13 Old 05-08-2008, 06:43 PM

Mrs. Mama hey I just noticed we have the same due date~

Yes, I've been very tired lately trying to go to bed early and take small naps through out the day. They say you get a second burst of energy the second trimester, well I haven't.... I'm still staying active walking and doing yoga but I'm just worn out everyday ~

"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere." -Vincent Van Gogh
#4 of 13 Old 05-08-2008, 10:44 PM

I'm a stay at home mom and I've been sleeping 10 hours a night!!! I have to wake up and pee about 3 times during that time. Sometimes I have trouble falling back to sleep after a bathroom trip. Anyway, I'm still tired each evening. I'm hoping the second trimester energy kicks in soon, I'm 14 weeks tomorrow.
#5 of 13 Old 05-09-2008, 01:12 AM

I'm right around the 14th week, as well. Unfortunately I am so dreadfully tired all of the time. Seems like no amount of sleep could be enough. I'm on vacation visiting family and I feel so guilty because all I've been doing is sleeping. I can't wait for this 2nd trimester burst of energy that I keep reading about.

Rebecca, mom to Annie (11/07/2008)
#6 of 13 Old 05-10-2008, 10:33 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Im so tired, soooo tired, I thought maybe it was just depression or something, but when I feel alive and well get myself all put together for the day and get out of the house it's only a few hours and I feel like I need a major nap. I think I need more sleep with this preg. than the others....but that's probably cause Im in middle of this one!
#7 of 13 Old 05-11-2008, 08:28 PM

I'm really tired too. I get up about every 2hrs to pee so I'm exauhsted in the morning and want to stay in bed till noon! Can't wait for the fabled energy burst during the second tri!!
#8 of 13 Old 05-12-2008, 01:42 PM

Me too. I am exhausted constantly. The problem with me is that I am so tired during the day, I literally feel like I'm dragging myself around the house. Then when I go to bed, I have insomnia. It takes a long time to get to sleep. Then when I finally do, I'm up several times throughout the night to pee. Morning comes around and the last thing I feel like doing is getting out of bed and starting the day. I seriously can't wait for the 2nd trimester energy burst. I'm officially in the 2nd tri now but don't feel any energy burst.
#9 of 13 Old 05-12-2008, 01:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolann S View Post
I'm officially in the 2nd tri now but don't feel any energy burst.
Me neither I'm 15 weeks today.

Wife to J, SAHM to W (03/06) ribboncesarean.gif at 32w4d, C (10/08) ribboncesarean.gif, and H (02/11) ribboncesarean.gif

#10 of 13 Old 05-12-2008, 01:58 PM

Every time I think I am over the whole being tired all the time thing, and try to do a whole bunch of stuff, I end up needing a three hour nap.
#11 of 13 Old 05-12-2008, 04:43 PM

It's funny b/c when I hit 13 weeks I swear I got more tired, I don't remember this from my 1st trimester so I think my body is confused. Like right now I'm trying to stay awake, but I know I should just give in and take a nap. I feel lazy, but I guess it's for a reason!

SAHM to DS (11/08) and EDD 3/8/11!
#12 of 13 Old 05-12-2008, 09:51 PM

I just started to feel a bit better last week. I think it helped that I popped too and now I don't need to pee all night.

Hope you mamas start to feel more energetic soon!

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

#13 of 13 Old 05-17-2008, 07:13 AM

I am still tired too. I am feeling a bit better since Tuesday, though. I still go to bed around 8pm. My thyroid levels have returned to normal in a very short amount of time. I think that has helped, but I still can't function that much. Definitely no exercising. It is frustrating as I am getting very depressed from being tired all the time.

Mindfully parenting DD 8/04 & DS 11/08, Human beings are the only mammals who do not nurse their offspring to full term.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page