2nd Trimester & Still Sick thread... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 39 Old 06-12-2008, 07:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I wish this thread would die! I hate that we're all so sick still. The things people are saying lately do not make me feel better, despite their good intentions (like that it's making a healthier baby). I just want to feel better, dammit!
#32 of 39 Old 06-12-2008, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheartedmama View Post
I wish this thread would die! I hate that we're all so sick still. The things people are saying lately do not make me feel better, despite their good intentions (like that it's making a healthier baby). I just want to feel better, dammit!
Ugh, I know. And everyone keeps trying to get me to paint a rosier picture than the truth because it makes them more comfortable. Like, my grandma the other day said on the phone, "Your mom says you're not as sick as you were last time, so that's good." Um, I'm sicker? But she and my mom hate to hear bad news so I didn't want to press the issue. I just said, "Well, it's up and down."

Yesterday, I went to change the diaper pail. Once whiff and I was running for the toilet.

SAHM to 6.5yo DS and 4yo DD. PCOS with two early m/cs. Married 8 yrs. Certified birth doula, writer, editor.

Some stuff I like: hbac.gifteapot2.GIFeat.gifnocirc.gifbftoddler.giffemalesling.GIFcrochetsmilie.gif read.gifcat.gif

#33 of 39 Old 06-12-2008, 10:12 AM

I've only actually thrown up twice but most nights I feel icky and nasty. I now can't eat brussels sprouts and I love those.
#34 of 39 Old 06-12-2008, 01:49 PM

Just want to offer a to those that are still sick! Seems like theres a lot in the DDC
#35 of 39 Old 06-22-2008, 05:10 PM

As we're approaching the half-way point, who's still here with me? I felt a lot better for about a week, but I'm as sick as ever now. I'm pretty much back on a regular diet, but I've been told to go back to my potatoes and crackers. I just can't do it again. I had gained weight, but I'm losing again now. I'm so frustrated.
#36 of 39 Old 06-22-2008, 05:37 PM

Quote:
As we're approaching the half-way point, who's still here with me? I felt a lot better for about a week, but I'm as sick as ever now. I'm pretty much back on a regular diet, but I've been told to go back to my potatoes and crackers. I just can't do it again. I had gained weight, but I'm losing again now. I'm so frustrated.
Oh mama. I was just thinking about posting something similar. I went to my mom's house for a week and to my sister's wedding, and started to feel a bit better. I even ate some chicken. But then the trip back exhausted me- DH came back Sunday, then I drove back with DS Thursday. I had to load the car myself, drive 4.5 hours, and unload the car when I got here. A few hours later I was puking my brains out. I thought I had caught a stomach virus, but now I'm pretty sure it was just a return of the morning sickness, which always gets worse when I over-exert myself. Now I'm back to the old deal, pretty much. Gagging when I wake up, periods during the day where I almost throw up, can only eat limited foods. DH has been lovely and has been taking DS out of the house a lot all weekend so I can rest. It's helping, but at the same time it's so frustrating. I would so much rather be spending time with them at the park. And I hate feeling queasy all the time. It's just miserable.

Well, lots of hugs to you. Hopefully the second half of the pregnancy will go quickly, and hopefully we'll feel better soon. A mama I know from the playground was dreadfully sick like us but then got better at around 20-22 weeks. So there's still hope.

Was talking to a friend yesterday and told her how I've been feeling, and mentioned all I'd eaten that day was crackers and gatorade. She chirped, "Your pregnancy is so different than mine! I was all ABOUT eating!" I'm sure she didn't mean it that way but it sounded like gloating or something, like she was so healthy and voracious and I'm all...I dunno, high maintenance. I WANT to enjoy my pregnancy. I WANT to be a normal pregnant lady who eats second helpings of everything and then wants to order a pizza, and everyone chuckles. I feel like people see it as some kind of character flaw. It's just chemistry and bad luck, and it's not my fault.

SAHM to 6.5yo DS and 4yo DD. PCOS with two early m/cs. Married 8 yrs. Certified birth doula, writer, editor.

Some stuff I like: hbac.gifteapot2.GIFeat.gifnocirc.gifbftoddler.giffemalesling.GIFcrochetsmilie.gif read.gifcat.gif

#37 of 39 Old 06-22-2008, 05:52 PM

Quote:
As we're approaching the half-way point, who's still here with me?

Me! Everytime I start to feel better for a few days, I throw up again. I do everything 'they' tell you to avoid it, but no dice. I thought I was doing good, threw up 3 days in a row and then not for a WHOLE week...then bam, yesterday, started again. I have been OK today so far, came close once or twice, but...not yet. LoL. Such a bummer. I kept thinking it would go away, but it seems now like I will be sick until baby comes.
#38 of 39 Old 06-22-2008, 06:29 PM

I'm so sorry

Katie--I understand. I have well-meaning people say similar things, and it's offensive to me. Like I choose to be this way. I would love to eat everything in sight.
#39 of 39 Old 06-22-2008, 06:50 PM

Quote:
I'm so sorry

Katie--I understand. I have well-meaning people say similar things, and it's offensive to me. Like I choose to be this way. I would love to eat everything in sight.
Totally. You always see blurbs about celebrities in magazines, and they'll talk about how they "adore being pregnant," or it'll say approvingly, "She is thoroughly enjoying her pregnancy." As though that's some kind of accomplishment on their part, and not simply good luck that they haven't had nausea, heartburn, etc. I feel like there's this cultural attitude that if you have any problems in pregnancy it's a mental thing, and means you're not fully embracing it. Which sucks because I *love* pregnancy and birth....I became a friggin doula I love it so much. It's just not that comfortable for me this time around.

Feels good to vent though.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page