Was This Ligament Pain? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 05-20-2008, 10:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I actually called my doc off hours last night thinking I should go in to L&D and get checked out. But I over did it this weekend, my brother was moving into a new place so I was running around getting him things (its his first place) and going back and forth. Well I got up yesterday and my stomache was killing me and I had bad cramping all day, like low back wrapping the front. I called my OB and he said it was justa stomache thing, he didn't believe it was related to the pregnancy. I got a good nights sleep and feel better today. But I still want to go into get the heartbeat checked, but I don't want to be a pain.

hearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gif A house full of girls, but for dad and one brother bikenew.gif
"Be careful how you speak to your children. One day it will become their inner voice." ~ Peggy O' Mara
Cloth diapering, babywearing and co-sleeping has been a way of life for almost a decade now partners.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 05-20-2008, 10:43 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
For me, round ligament pain is a sharp pain that doesn't last very long. Like last night when I got up from sitting, I had a sharp pain on my right side. I stayed doubled over for a minute before I could stand up comfortably, but then it was gone.

If you think you need to be seen, just do it. Don't let them make you feel like you're being a pain. It's your pregnancy and your peace of mind!

Wife to J, SAHM to W (03/06) ribboncesarean.gif at 32w4d, C (10/08) ribboncesarean.gif, and H (02/11) ribboncesarean.gif

#3 of 9 Old 05-20-2008, 12:04 PM

A similar thing happened to me a couple weeks ago. The doc said to put my feet up and drink a bunch of water. It was better in an hour, and all gone by the next day. I get really crampy when I'm dehydrated.

Glad you are feeling better now.

"Listen, are you breathing just a little and calling it a life?"~Mary Oliver

RT knitting mama  to 3 (& 8 who didn't make it) wife working on 13 years to a silly man who drives me crazy.
#4 of 9 Old 05-20-2008, 12:44 PM

Round ligament pain is generally in the front, low, and on one side or the other. It's usually very sharp, makes you double over in pain, and sometimes only lasts for a couple minutes. If it lasts longer than that it's generally worse when you try to walk around. But it's usually in the front. So I bet it wasn't that.

But I would definitely go get checked if you feel like it!

Mama to 3 kids. We live in a yurt!
#5 of 9 Old 05-20-2008, 01:25 PM

For me round ligament pain is sharp and then gone. Usually they don't last more than 10-30 seconds. However, when I get really gassy I have bad stomach pain that doesn't pass until the gas is gone.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#6 of 9 Old 05-20-2008, 01:32 PM

I agree that what you experienced was different than ligament pain. I feel a stretch in one side or the other about every few days down really low and it is sharp and quick.
Hope you keep feeling better!
#7 of 9 Old 05-20-2008, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thanks. I know I'm just paranoid. But I called the doc again, and he said if it will make me feel better I can come in for a quick u/s in the morning. So thats good. I am feeling better today and maybe it was dehydration. But I think I will go in just to be sure.

hearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gif A house full of girls, but for dad and one brother bikenew.gif
"Be careful how you speak to your children. One day it will become their inner voice." ~ Peggy O' Mara
Cloth diapering, babywearing and co-sleeping has been a way of life for almost a decade now partners.gif
#8 of 9 Old 05-21-2008, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotemist View Post
The doc said to put my feet up and drink a bunch of water. It was better in an hour, and all gone by the next day. I get really crampy when I'm dehydrated.
I'm the exact same way. I almost think Braxton Hicks are starting already but It has to be too early for that! I got Braxton Hicks Contractions more often when I was dehydrated too.

In love with the Hubs (6-03) & : Kookie Pookie Girl (c/s 5-05) & Bouncy Big Boy (vbac 2-07) & : Miss Cheeky Cheeks (hbac 11-08) 100*90* 100lbs = Las Vegas : Almost there!
#9 of 9 Old 05-21-2008, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustineM View Post
Round ligament pain is generally in the front, low, and on one side or the other. It's usually very sharp, makes you double over in pain, and sometimes only lasts for a couple minutes. If it lasts longer than that it's generally worse when you try to walk around. But it's usually in the front. So I bet it wasn't that.

But I would definitely go get checked if you feel like it!
Ditto that. I get RL pain all the time now as i'm in my second trimester. I sometimes get it just from sitting a certain way. A few times I've ridden in a car and gotten it... and it would last the whole car ride unfortunately. Oh, and when I sneeze while restrained in the car... I get HORRIBLE RL pain! Rolling over at night also causes it. It seems that no matter how I move these days I get it. It's just hopeless. lol. Well... at least all of you are still early enough to be ok for a while. lol.

Rachel lady.gif, in love with my baby girl Abigailenergy.gifborn 9/17/08!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page